8 4.4%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Switzerland-scaled.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Loindici

Veteran
Now that Switzerland reached 4th with Luca Hanni, any supposedly big names might take part, I guess. Who's gonna create buzz similar to Luca, though?

Preuss

Don’t do like Cyprus though and go for the same formula
I’d love a good ballad

Zonne147

Happy that :ch: managed to get a 4th place this year... Not because of the song, She Got Me was my 14th/15th. I'm happy because they got an amazing result after 4 NQ (imo Zibbz deserved much better :( )

Don’t do like Cyprus though and go for the same formula
I’d love a good ballad

Completely agree.

Hope this is a turning year to them and I hope they start to qualify more often to the grand final.

FRFanESC

I'm almost sure that Bastian Baker will represent the country next year.

AlekS

Veteran
Kadebostany created a song with KAZKA and cheered for them (and TseSho :D) on Vidbir. At least they aren't against Eurovision.

Loindici

Veteran
SWITZERLAND: Internal Selection

Apparently the Switzerland selection will be opened by SRF, co-operating with RTS, RSI, and RTR.
The songs will be submitted through the window of 2-16 September 2019, a pretty short time, actually.
The 100-member audience and 20-member international jury panel will also be back.

Some interesting rules:

Rule 10: One of the purposes of the "Eurovision Song Contest“ is to arouse the feelings of the viewers
and jury members by addressing certain topics. We therefore encourage composers and
lyricists to submit songs that address topical issues or which trigger an emotional reaction or
recognition
among ESC viewers with their content.

Rule 16: Songs may be submitted even if the final performer is not yet known. In this case a demo
voice is required

Rule 19: . For quality purposes, SRG SSR may at any time call for a revision of the production or lyrics of
the winning song, and it has the sole right of decision in this respect.

Rule 22: . In the case of a tie, perfomers who are Swiss nationals or are resident in Switzerland will be
chosen. However, nationality is not a deciding factor and does not prohibit anybody from
singing in a song

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Not a fan of Rule 10 at all, I'm afraid it will favorise entries which have a greater chance of ending in shameless forcing on the audience.

Realest

EFJ338hWsAE3t2E

Top Bottom