Administrator
switzerland_640.png

LastDreamer

Banned
Re: SWITZERLAND 2018

Gina Von Glasow

Fluke

Cheap shot but.... Yello? Maybe as songwriters?

esc87fan

I'm optimistic that the Swiss will find that winning formula again, so their selection process this year (closed platform, no regional quotas, no cover song round, etc.) was a good first step. I mean, Timebelle was 4 points shy of qualifying!

But seriously, can't they just send Sebalter again?

DanielLuis

I'm optimistic that the Swiss will find that winning formula again, so their selection process this year (closed platform, no regional quotas, no cover song round, etc.) was a good first step. I mean, Timebelle was 4 points shy of qualifying!

But seriously, can't they just send Sebalter again?

With a performance more similar to te NF or to the music video I am sure Switzerland would have qualified! The classy feeling of the song was really lost in Kyiv :(

John1

With a performance more similar to te NF or to the music video I am sure Switzerland would have qualified! The classy feeling of the song was really lost in Kyiv :(

The overall result is the most viable proof that the new rules and the changes, which have been introduced in the "Entscheidungsshow", are already providing :ch: their best result since 2014. They nearly made it through, thus they shouldn't even be disappointed with this placement and this scoring, as it could've been waaaay worse than that.

They should only wait for a much better improvement, which hasn't occured yet. I'm quite confident about that. ;)

DanielLuis

The overall result is the most viable proof that the new rules and the changes, which have been introduced in the "Entscheidungsshow", are already providing :ch: their best result since 2014. They nearly made it through, thus they shouldn't even be disappointed with this placement and this scoring, as it could've been waaaay worse than that.

They should only wait for a much better improvement, which hasn't occured yet. I'm quite confident about that. ;)

They need better staging. 2017 would have qualified with better staging and I'm sure 2016 wouldnt have been last in the semi if it had better staging too. I can't believe no one in the whole Swiss delegation had the guts to tell Rykka how ridiculous she looked rocking back and forth like that.

John1

They need better staging. 2017 would have qualified with better staging and I'm sure 2016 wouldnt have been last in the semi if it had better staging too. I can't believe no one in the whole Swiss delegation had the guts to tell Rykka how ridiculous she looked rocking back and forth like that.

She just bent forward and back. It reminds me that the whole performance was so hilarious that I was almost out of breath that night. xrollinglol
By the way, she was dressed like a homeless, who slept in the garbage in front of an odd restaurant. :?
ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

After having noticed that she succeeded in achieving a last placement didn't even astonish me, due to the fact she wasn't even performing properly. I only appreciated how smooth and classic the backdrop looked like. This is such a huge disappointment that she didn't move a bit more around the stage, and come across people by shaking their hands like Hannah* in 2013. The reason might be that she was way too nervous and anxious on this day...

* = Eeermmm... I do know that this wasn't meant to be the most accurate example in the whole world, but I didn't manage to think about an other one, as it didn't came into my mind. :lol:

esc87fan

:ch: confirmed 2018 participation today, and the news is that they're asking Martin Österdahl and Christer Björkman for help in putting their selection process together

Romeo

Where's Swiss Miss Lys been hiding the last few years?

esc87fan

Six acts and songs have been chosen according to Swiss HoD Reto Peritz, and will be revealed in the second week of January

Sammy

Veteran

Switzerland has 4 official languages and once again, its only english! Too bad, not even one italian or a french entry, not to speak of a german one.... :(

For me, it should be either Zibbz or Alejandro Reyes, interesting sound and had an instant appeal for me.
Angie Ott's song title is also its best critique - we have heard this literally a thousand times.
Chiara Dubey's song is sweet and soft, but a bit boring also
Vanessa's Redlights just does nothing for me.

Realest

////

GlamSIMorous

To be honest, I dont find the songs too bad, they are just so .. bland, without personality.

1. Vanessa Iraci - Redlights
I like it, its empowering and it has a great tune and production. Her voice is fantastic, she was on The Voice Of Germany and was great live, so I think this might be great live. Its definitely one of the stronger ones here, especially vocally. It might fall flat during Eurovision though.

2. Alejandro Reyes - Compass
Modern sound that is very radio friendly, I like his voice and the beat and stuff, but its just very average and like a lot of songs these days, no distinguishable tune really. But with a revamp this could work well.

3. Zibbz - Stones
Dark song, but its just not dark enough to have this mysterious vibe to it. Its a little predictable. The singer has a great voice for sure, its just not a 100%, its more 75%. I wished they went with more rock or a heavier beat.

4. Naeman - Kiss me
I am not feeling this. Its sweet yes, thats about it. I hope fangirls wont fall for this too much, because its just so bland. And the lyrics .. are cringeworthy. This song already annoys me.

5. Chiara Dubey - Secrets and Lies
This is yeah .. atmospheric and sleepy. I am not saying this is bad at all, its actually quite beautiful and her voice is so clear and pretty. But its more like Disney and a musical, I am so torn here. I do like it, but I know if this was at Eurovision it'd be my toilet break or i'd just fall asleep. It doesnt have the instant appeal yet.

6. Angie Ott - A Thousand Times
Its once again not a super bad song, I just have heard this a thousand times before. And I cant help myself but be weirded out by some of her pronounciations somehow. But she might have the biggest fanbase being on The Voice of Switzerland.

I dont think any of these songs would qualify for the final, unless they consider a major revamp. My ranking could easily be thrown randomly, because ... they are all so average and bland as I said. Not necessarily bad, there is no horrible entry here, its just .. not risky enough and nothing catches me instantly. :?

Realest

Vanessa has the best Song, but for an Milanov/Persson-Song, this is very disappointing.

tsegaye

Bland songs as always from Switzerland... I guess Compass is the best of the bunch but probably won't qualify for the final once againxshrug

Top Bottom