5 1.9%

2 0.8%

15 5.8%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

ArmpitOfEurope

Considering the aftermath it is a Pyrrhic victory.

But isn't it like that every year in Eurovision? Last year we had the '' they won just coz of the war! '', in 2019 '' Keiino the real winners '', in 2018 Foureira should have won over Netta, in 2016 Jamala was being hated to an extreme extent, in 2015 the same with Grande Amore... Who cares now that You are the only one didnt win and Jamala did? No one

Andromache

The Eurovision fandom has become more toxic in general and it has come to the point were sometimes it's really not fun to follow Eurovision anymore imo. This forum is good and stays mostly civil but sites like reddit or twitter are terrible. Reddit has been a Käärjä echo chamber for months which is the reason why I stopped going to that subreddit. Last year they couldn't stop obsessing over the broken sun. It even got to the point that people attacked the stage designer on FB. I guess it's maybe because there are many teenagers on these social media sites. I'm also not always happy with the result. Latvia should've qualified, Eleni and Sam were my winners but it is what it is. There are really worse things in life. I don't understand this obsession with negativity. As I always say Eurovision is more than just who wins and who loses. It's the show itself and the values that make me watch the show every year. Latvia hasn't qualified but they have many new fans and I can't wait to buy their next album. In a way they won. Loreen deserved it like everyone else. She also worked hard to give us that performance.

ArmpitOfEurope

The Eurovision fandom has become more toxic in general and it has come to the point were sometimes it's really not fun to follow Eurovision anymore imo. This forum is good and stays mostly civil but sites like reddit or twitter are terrible. Reddit has been a Käärjä echo chamber for months which is the reason why I stopped going to that subreddit. Last year they couldn't stop obsessing over the broken sun. It even got to the point that people attacked the stage designer on FB. I guess it's maybe because there are many teenagers on these social media sites. I'm also not always happy with the result. Latvia should've qualified, Eleni and Sam were my winners but it is what it is. There are really worse things in life. I don't understand this obsession with negativity. As I always say Eurovision is more than just who wins and who loses. It's the show itself and the values that make me watch the show every year. Latvia hasn't qualified but they have many new fans and I can't wait to buy their next album. In a way they won. Loreen deserved it like everyone else. She also worked hard to give us that performance.

Agree with everything!

Rocket man

"Tattoo" is holding up really well in the UK charts, it's not just because of Eurovision. Usually Eurovision songs start off big then fall away quickly but not with "Tattoo".

Loreen deserves more respect. I believe over time people will appreciate her brilliance and success.

Ezio

Veteran
I managed to watch Tattoo from start to finish and in all fairness, Loreen was not the best vocalist of the night. I would grade her 7-8 of 10. The You oh oh and Tattoo oh oh sounds kinda strained, she is squeezing out those notes by the tips of her lungs but they are anything but rich and powerful. Of course the bombastic composition is a good overlay and singing live is definitely commendable compared to the playback shows of Cyprus, Poland and Australia.

The musical composition is an 8 for me, the lyrics a 6. The stage impression an 8 at best, originality a 5, and if were a judge with a pop record deal I would give +1 for English, +1 for accessible pop song.

jatojo

Loreen’s win in Liverpool was well deserved, but I just watched ‘Euphoria’ - the ‘thank you Baku’ version - and I have to say: That performance was better than ‘Tattoo’ in many ways. She hit the notes cleaner, and the voice was more dynamic. I even liked the staging more.

ArmpitOfEurope

Still over the moon that the stars aligned and she won the whole thing. Every year I have a favourite ( De diepte last year for example ) but I've never been that invested in an esc entry before, if she hadnt have won I feel like I would have been feeling dissapointed for many eurovision eras to come 😭💛🤎

Andromache

Good to see that she is doing some promo for the song. She performed on Moma (morning show in Germany). Beautiful performance ❤️

Btw. Tattoo has officialy reached 100 mio. streams on Spotify. It also spends a second week in the Top 5 of UKs charts at #4!

Last edited:

Realest

Just watched all MF-Finalists + a few Nonqualifiers.
I wish :se: could divide into a few Regions and send more Entries (Marcus + Martinus, Kiana, Maria Sur, Melanie Wehbe, Wiktoria, JHF..)

Ezio

Veteran
Edward áf Sillén is such a sweet guy. Although Sweden won once again with a plagiarized song, he called Norway’s entry “Run to the ..” in the voting section. Smart choice of words!

Ezio

Veteran

Geborgenheit

Is Loreen anti-Ukrainian?

AndroZeus

Is Loreen anti-Ukrainian?

That article seems shady as hell, I don't think there's any reason to start spreading rumours like that because of an article that reads like it was translated by Bing...

aeon

That article seems shady as hell, I don't think there's any reason to start spreading rumours like that because of an article that reads like it was translated by Bing...

Yes, let's hear both sides of the story. No one has an obligation to take part in charity events that are forced on them. Famous artists often have charities that they already support throughout the year. The article sounds dodgy.

Geborgenheit

First of all I found the news in other sources, not in English, and just searched for the first article in English. This is definitely not a rumour. And it is not "just one article".

Geborgenheit

No one has an obligation to take part in charity events that are forced on them.

But it shows the attitude. Personally, I haven't been a big fan of her, but after this, I will probably not listen to her songs anymore.

Top Bottom