2 0.8%

15 5.8%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

alca

Man I leave at 79 pages and come back to 107?! Are you guys crazy?! lol

Loreen tends to slur words now and then when she performs live.

Do you guys still remember her "Euphoria/We Got The Power/My Heart Is Refusing Me" interval performance in Malmö back in 2013? :D

I honestly think that´s the only "thing" she needs to work at before May.
I remember her saying in one interview back in 2012 that people and her team constantly reminding her to articulate. She knows she's not articulating but I guess it's part of her art. I don't mind it that much. It's part of her artistic identity.

Reading all the comments today, knowing the results, I gotta say I laughed a lot. :ROFLMAO:
I was in the press room during the live and was commenting on fb groups. I said that Tone and Paul will flop but nobody shared my opinion. I saw that 5 for Tone and I thought she was last. But then came that 1 for Paul and maaaaan. Royals was so average!

As for the Queen: x12points

7-7
2-2
1-0

rasmuslights

Veteran
Loreen will not get those 12s from the Balkan. She didn't get them with Euphoria neither. Lucky she is that so many SEE countries are missing this year

yeah, she won't. But there's only Slovenia, Croatia and Serbia.

We always give 12 points to Serbia (diaspora) no matter the song. I mean there are almost 50.000 Serbs living in our 2 million-country + some people just like Serbia in general and have nostalgia for Yugoslavia...

But if neither Serbia nor Croatia qualifies we're giving it to Loreen I think. Euphoria is still played on the radio and people remember Loreen.

Underdark

So, Croatian media today report about Swedish and other Eurovision fans reactions to Croatian professional jury giving Loreen "8 pts only". They have embeded in the articles SM posts of Loreen's fanwankers insulting the Croats and Let3, calling them trash and using other derogatory terms.

As far as Croatia is concerned, the Croats already knew that they won't be getting much of the votes from Sweden because Let3 is not Sweden's cup of tea.

But now Sweden can be absolutely sure that it won't be getting much of the votes, either from televote or jurors in Croatia. You really don't wish to know what comments the Croats have written under these articles.

Don't do such stupid things. It's really unnecessary.
if you check the swedish votes they gave to Albina, which is more "swedesh" song we ever sent, you see they don't really "like" us anyway...

Bmbriga

The "you-u-u" part is what makes the song less generic. If it hadn't been there, I'm not sure it would have even won.
Idk, to each his own, but I kind of want to believe that people voted for the song despite of it, not because of it. xexcuseme
thank god I'm not the only one who hears it
It was the first thing that came to my mind when first listening to the song.
Maybe we heard "Winner takes it all" too many times? xthink It is my fav ABBA song.

Ezio

Veteran
yeah, she won't. But there's only Slovenia, Croatia and Serbia.

We always give 12 points to Serbia (diaspora) no matter the song. I mean there are almost 50.000 Serbs living in our 2 million-country + some people just like Serbia in general and have nostalgia for Yugoslavia...

But if neither Serbia nor Croatia qualifies we're giving it to Loreen I think. Euphoria is still played on the radio and people remember Loreen.
This year you will give 12 points to Austria, because you are sLOVEnia and we want you and we need you.

Sparky

It's not just Winner Takes It All, I'm pretty sure I've heard the other parts of the verses before. And I hate the chorus. This is just 4/12 for me. And I'm so generous.

EDIT: I mean the part "Violins playing, and the Angels crying".

HarryUK

I'm thinking of going to the Melfest final next year seeing as tickets are as cheap as £30 (cries in British cost of living crisis)

Are transport links good to the Friends Arena? I looked on maps and there's a train station nearby but it doesn't seem to stop in central Stockholm... I'd obviously go for a long weekend and want to explore the city too. I can't see many other options transport wise really.

Ezio

Veteran
ORF.at calls Tattoo a remix of Euphoria.

So this time Loreen is in a leather outfit and is wedged between two LED panels, which slowly open during the song. Otherwise it is about recognition up to self-plagiarism. Except for one note, "Euphoria" is not only repeated, but also quoted in the intro. Oh, it's the singer from back then, who was already barefoot on stage in 2012 - and still wears the same hairstyle, the same make-up. The small coloratura in the refrain may remind of Conchita's "Unstoppable" in Austria. From the refrain on, "Tattoo" presents itself as a new number, but you don't want to completely let go of the shadow of euphoria. Just before the final minute, an interruption is needed before everything can flow into the last big emotion.

tsegaye

I'm thinking of going to the Melfest final next year seeing as tickets are as cheap as £30 (cries in British cost of living crisis)

Are transport links good to the Friends Arena? I looked on maps and there's a train station nearby but it doesn't seem to stop in central Stockholm... I'd obviously go for a long weekend and want to explore the city too. I can't see many other options transport wise really.
It's just two stations away with the commuter train to the city center, and it does stop there. It's very well-connected to the public transport, you just have to walk through a big shopping mall when you get there.

Bmbriga

It's not just Winner Takes It All, I'm pretty sure I've heard the other parts of the verses before. And I hate the chorus. This is just 4/12 for me. And I'm so generous.

EDIT: I mean the part "Violins playing, and the Angels crying".
Agree, this is also what I thought.
I even have a melody in my head with different ending (for the last part "then I'll be there"), but I just can't place it.

Sparky

ORF.at calls Tattoo a remix of Euphoria.

There had never been perfect recipes for winning songs in ESC, but there is one thing artist should never do: repeating (or copying) other, usually successful songs. Juries don't like it, televoters don't like it. This never ever worked. ESC always rated creativity and novelty, and while the contest has numerous flaws, this ain't one of them. Loreen is just repeating her own, with some mix of Abba.

Ezio

Veteran
When Sweden brings a perfect, sterile package, the audience is not always eating up. See 2018, when the audience erupted in laughter at the televote score.

They are trying to recreate music video realness with a generic song, and don't have audience shots in their presentation, so as if the audience doesn't matter.

I find Sweden's approach tiring. Let us win and let us teach you how Eurovision is done.

Imagine us Germans feeling angry at all countries whose juries didn´t place Lord Of The Lost in their Top 3 :D

Are we allowed to only be voting for :fi: in May now? :D

It´s strange that it has been news in Croatia because let´s be real... a few (but loud) comments by bitter and hardcore Eurovisionfans shouldn´t impact/influence any jury or televoting points.

Well, it's news in Croatia because one of the jurors was director at national broadcaster HRT and there's an old blood rift between Swedish broadcaster and HRT that has never been forgotten.

It goes back to 1999 when Croatia competed with Doris Dragović's Marija Magdalena song and was taken 33% of all points awarded due to some prohibited prerecorded vocals.

Ksenija Urličić who was head of the delegation explained that EBU allowed them first to use such recording as it was one of the first years when orchestra was prohibited, and the original performed at Dora used orchestra and a back-up singer on stage with male singers in the back. The problem arose when they came to the competition and on the very night of the competition Swedish delegation talked Norwegian delegation into formally supplying a request for disqualification of Croatia, and pressured other Scandinavian and North European juries not to give and points to Doris Dragović.

This ended up with Swedish Charlotte Nilsson winning the competition. In spite of massive televote from all competing countries, Croatia ended up 4th, and was furthermore reduced 33% of all pts awarded after the contest.

So this old rift has never died, and finally this year HRT decides to establish again good relations Swedish broadcaster and then there come some idiotic Loreen's fanwankers to ruin it all.

Yeah, social media comments are irrelevant maybe for business cooperation between national broadcasters, but they do influence the voting preferences of people. I'm quite sure the Croats will resent this widely.

Btw this was Marija Magdalena perormed at Dora, has better sound mix and production than Eurovision's published performance even today.

This is Charlotte Nilsson with greasy hair and greasy pop winning

And this was Doris's performance penalized with 33% pts reduction.

Last edited:

A-lister

Veteran
Predictable but yet a great choice, more importantly the ONLY choice from this year's MF and I can't stress enough how sad that is in a sense that there is only one actually competitive entry out of 32, and in total only 2-3 entries that can even be described as "decent", that's a failure for MF and as I expressed previously the issue with how MF works these days is that we still get good enough results in Eurovision so SVT delude themselves in thinking that MF as a whole is of high quality, when reality is that most of the songs are bland as eff... oh well... I guess nothing will change any time soon (except for them probably scrapping that idiotic second round thing next year finally... one can hope).

I love some of the critics though, like if this is not your cup of tea fine enough, taste differs, but some of the "criticism" is clearly just bitter petty jealousy and nothing else. I especially loved these; "Sweden only sends male teen-pop" and then when we don't "Please send M & M to Eurovision not Loreen"... case closed! :lol:

I think this might be the best entry Sweden sent since 2012, it's not up there with Euphoria, but then again does it really matter? We're not going back to 2012 so what matters is how it stands against this year's competition.

Bmbriga

There had never been perfect recipes for winning songs in ESC, but there is one thing artist should never do: repeating (or copying) other, usually successful songs. Juries don't like it, televoters don't like it. This never ever worked. ESC always rated creativity and novelty, and while the contest has numerous flaws, this ain't one of them. Loreen is just repeating her own, with some mix of Abba.
None of the things I mentioned that I don't like about the song has to be very bad by it's self. A lot of songs today remind people of other songs, lyrical phrases are often copied or repeated, not even the repeating of the last letter in the word has to be annoying and some songs sound dated, but have some charm to them.

What counts is how you make all those things.
And they probably shouldn't all be in one song. hmmm

Now we have Swedish journalists resenting Croatian jury for "only 8 pts" to Loreen. Bad Croatian jurors, how did they dare to think with their own heads? 🤣🤣🤣

I'll be totally politically incorrect now. A message to Swedish campaign at Eurovision 2023 from the Balkans is:

FCFN7t9WEAQSaGb

Bmbriga

I didn't watch MF or follow this drama so somebody please fill me in.
Did our jury give 12 points to some "Blanka" or what? Who did they vote for?

Top Bottom