5 1.9%

2 0.8%

15 5.8%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Nella

I tried so hard liking this song, "Euphoria" is still one of my favorite winners of all time but this song just lacks personality, this could've worked on me maybe 10 years ago but now it just blends in with all the other mass-produced pop songs in my head. The staging is obviously very beautiful but I feel like the song matters more since it's still a song contest. But oh well, on a good note if she wins I might finally be able to go see the show live next year and they better bring back Petra Mede for that.

:6:

ollibox

I tried so hard liking this song, "Euphoria" is still one of my favorite winners of all time but this song just lacks personality, this could've worked on me maybe 10 years ago but now it just blends in with all the other mass-produced pop songs in my head. The staging is obviously very beautiful but I feel like the song matters more since it's still a song contest. But oh well, on a good note if she wins I might finally be able to go see the show live next year and they better bring back Petra Mede for that.

:6:
Well, it would be even better to go see the show if Käärijä wins, right? :D I'm counting on that, anyway.
No Petra Mede in that case, sorry.

sapsan

There is a huge gap between Sweden and everyone else this year in terms of the artist level, quality of the song and the performance itself. This is a Perfect and TRUE winner to my opinion. That's a 12000 points
xyaaayxyaaayxrosexrosexrosexyaaayxyaaayxyaaayx12points

Nella

Well, it would be even better to go see the show if Käärijä wins, right? :D I'm counting on that, anyway.
No Petra Mede in that case, sorry.
I mean yeah, but it does seems like people have already crowned Loreen as the winner and I've already prepared myself to not see Finland win again in my lifetime haha. Us getting top 3 in the televote would feel like a win at this point, at least we'd be able to use that as an argument in the future when some older Finnish people say that a song in Finnish would never do well at Eurovision. I just want no more Cicciolina's getting robbed at UMK because of the language. :(

Bmbriga

I'm giving this song a :6:
It's very uneventful out of the mill song. I really don't know how it could be more generic.
Starts ABBA like, then in goes into the whole you-u-u and ta-tto-o-o, that is really tiring at this point. Lyrics are bland and generic, main motive picked for it (being/leaving a tattoo on somebody) is also very generic and sang many times before.
I mean, I love all kind of songs, good, stupid, so even generic pop songs, but this one just does nothing for me. It also screams dated to me, but not even in quirky ESCesqe dated kinda way, just plain old dated. Like something Scandinavian producers would try to sell performers here.
It's not a bad song, I wouldn't change the radio station if it came on, but on the other hand, I just can't really understand the hype.
I think it's about staging, visuals and being Loreen.

So, Croatian media today report about Swedish and other Eurovision fans reactions to Croatian professional jury giving Loreen "8 pts only". They have embeded in the articles SM posts of Loreen's fanwankers insulting the Croats and Let3, calling them trash and using other derogatory terms.

As far as Croatia is concerned, the Croats already knew that they won't be getting much of the votes from Sweden because Let3 is not Sweden's cup of tea.

But now Sweden can be absolutely sure that it won't be getting much of the votes, either from televote or jurors in Croatia. You really don't wish to know what comments the Croats have written under these articles.

Don't do such stupid things. It's really unnecessary.

Last edited:

LoveHate

Why have the points from the different viewer groups not been published yet? Or if they have been, where can one see them?

Re: Croatian jury:
I don’t see how it’s somehow controversial that a jury would place Tattoo-ho-hoo third out of 12. Isn’t the whole point with having juries from around Europe that they don’t agree 100 %?

Realest

The Points are usually revealed Tuesday or Wednesday I think.

Iker

Veteran
So, Croatian media today report about Swedish and other Eurovision fans reactions to Croatian professional jury giving Loreen "8 pts only". They have embeded in the articles SM posts of Loreen's fanwankers insulting the Croats and Let3, calling them trash and using other derogatory terms.

As far as Croatia is concerned, the Croats already knew that they won't be getting much of the votes from Sweden because Let3 is not Sweden's cup of tea.

But now Sweden can be absolutely sure that it won't be getting much of the votes, either from televote or jurors in Croatia. You really don't wish to know what comments the Croats have written under these articles.

Wow so toxic. So people from Croatia are not entitled to still have their own taste?

And they still gave 8 points to Loreen, so SMH.

jatojo

I really don't know how it could be more generic.
Starts ABBA like, then in goes into the whole you-u-u and ta-tto-o-o,

The "you-u-u" part is what makes the song less generic. If it hadn't been there, I'm not sure it would have even won. Am I a fan of it? Not the biggest fan, no. But it is a very deliberate twist.

Which ABBA song does the start of 'Tattoo' resemble? I'm curious.

VikingTiger

So Sweden did the only sensible thing to do; sending the best package to Liverpool.
Personally the song is not my cup of tea, but I've given the whole act a 7 in the poll.

So will Sweden be the runaway winner in Liverpool? Some people seem to be sure of that. Personally I really dont know. The fan community has a big tendency to love former participants, and there is a huge positive bias towards Loreen. And Euphoria was really iconic! I dont think the average televoter is as positively biased towards Loreen, I am actually quite sure they are not. I dont think the song is instant enough or has a sufficiently easy hook to win the televotes. The whole act may also be "too slick" to really capture the televoters.
The juries on the other hand will love this - just as they tend to love any well produced swedish pop production for many years now. I do expect Sweden to win the jury-votes.
But Loreen is NOT the only great artist to be competing in Liverpool. Marco Mengoni, Blanca Paloma, La Zarra, Noa Kirel also know how to sing and act on a stage.

Mainshow

Veteran

Imagine us Germans feeling angry at all countries whose juries didn´t place Lord Of The Lost in their Top 3 :D

Are we allowed to only be voting for :fi: in May now? :D

It´s strange that it has been news in Croatia because let´s be real... a few (but loud) comments by bitter and hardcore Eurovisionfans shouldn´t impact/influence any jury or televoting points.

Ezio

Veteran
Wow so toxic. So people from Croatia are not entitled to still have their own taste?

And they still gave 8 points to Loreen, so SMH.
Loreen will not get those 12s from the Balkan. She didn't get them with Euphoria neither. Lucky she is that so many SEE countries are missing this year

Top Bottom