5 1.9%

2 0.8%

15 5.8%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

FoxOfShadows

Tattoo is good but it's not winning Eurovision good if it weren't for Loreen. That said, I think the contest has moved on and what worked in 2012 won't do as well this time round. The televote in particular has moved away from well-staged pop songs and, in my mind, into more personal entries that interact more with the audience.

Tattoo is staged like a music video, there's not one shot of the audience in it and Loreen does not interact with the camera at all. Compare that to Maneskin, Kalush Orchestra, Salvador etc. All of them made use of the live show rather than hiding it as much as possible. I don't think the televote will vote for this in droves (still top 5 but not top 1) so the winner this year will come down to how the juries rank the televote magnet songs, with Finland in prime position

Lumostark

I love this, the performance, the staging, the song... It went straight to my number 1. The song may not be the most original or unique compared to others this year but it is perfectly composed and produced for its genre. I have it on repeat on Spotify.

HayashiM

Veteran
You can debate whether all the musical allusions and inspiration are some sort of a copycat, a clever hommage or comething in between, and I don't care, because it's really well put together and then sold.

I don't say I am 100% convinced Loreen will win again, but if anyone outright says she won't, they haven't been paying attention or project some personal wishful thinking.

Finally another :12:. Tack, Loreen!

lacrymea

It's visually spectacular. She's stellar. It's winning this year (and I don't like pre contest winners, takes all the fun away). But the song for me is meh. It's a :6: based on the performance alone.

ollibox

Well, one of my easiest :12: this year!
Haven't shared much top points this year, but this performance deserves it big time imo.
And I explain - although I like Loreen's other repertoire very much, I probably would have given top points to "Tattoo" even if it was performed by Blanka (I guess :LOL:). The overall package is great and the song is MEMORABLE. That IS what counts in the end.
BUT - She'll not be my no.1. It's quite clear by now that no entry this year would top NORWAY for me! :love:
AND - I hope that FINLAND will win ESC this time! :cool:
YES - I'm that diverse! :D

Franzilein

Not surprised Pan's Labyrinth Monster won.

Pale-Man-pans-labyrinth-photo-credit-David-Marti.jpg

Ah well, not a fan. Love Loreen, but can't give more than 5 points for that dreadful song. More show than musical substance.

EscGeek

Veteran
I have Euphoria on 39th place out of 42. Fight me! xpopcorn
In 2018/19 i was renovating my lists and again, i just couldn't put it any higher.
Her other two tries were also not my thing.

But i do like "Tattoo". 10 points in the pollxleftxcheer
There are about a dozen or so countries that i'll rank higher this year, but anyway, i would be ok if she wins again and becomes the Johnny Logan of 21st century. :D

Sammy

Veteran
Sweden did a great job in tailoring this song perfectly to Loreen. I can‘t think of an other singer or any other staging that would fit together like in this case. It‘s the perfect prove that ESC is not a songcontest, but it‘s the whole package that counts.
I‘d say the inevitable Swedish win in may will be
60% The artist Loreen
25% the staging (if not changed)
15% the song itself

The disappointing thing about it is that this package is so unbalanced in comparison to other great entries where none of the factors were really weak like in this case the song.

harey

:6: I don't think that I would skip the song but it's more background music to me: not bad but it doesn't grab my attention. I know that there were some issues with the smoke machine so the performance was a little off for me, maybe it will be better in Liverpool so I'll get why people love it so much. (Or not, idk, I never liked arcade or heroes so it won't the first time I don't like a winner song.)

harey

Loreen tends to slur words now and then when she performs live.

Do you guys still remember her "Euphoria/We Got The Power/My Heart Is Refusing Me" interval performance in Malmö back in 2013? :D

I honestly think that´s the only "thing" she needs to work at before May.
But isn't it her "style"? Some actors are also known for mumbling instead of clearly speaking, I don't think that it's something she thinks she has to work on.

mauve

Veteran
Oh the CUBES and trashing other artists.... Let's remember what people here commented about Gjon's Tears CUBES that were conceptually same thing that Loreen has now. They claimed staging ruined him. But now it's art. 🤣
Exactly what I thought! I made this comparison with the cube too. Liked neither Gjon's Tears' performance nor Loreen's.

crashworld

Veteran
Just got about the 'live' performance of the song.
God, I just have 2 thoughts:

1. I am so paranoid the LED screen on top will come crashing down.
2. Did I have cataract? Everything looks so smoky.

Other than that, Loreen is such a performer. But I am over her performance style & looks though. It didn't work for me the first time round when she won with "Europhia". This did nothing for me too. But in such a weak contest, the song can be considered one of the less average ones after multiple listens.

Flamenkax

In the swimming pool, always stayin' cool
I don't like people who already did ESC to return. I don't like artists who already won ESC to return. But, hey, c'mon, let's be honest : this performance is quite stellar. Song in itself's still a bit "swedish-eurovision-by-numbers" imo but her performance elevates this to a whole new level. She did not stole her victory, and will not in Liverpool if she had to win the whole thing.
:10:

dizzydjc

I just want Sweden to win because of the 50th anniversary of "Waterloo" winning next year. I mean, just imagine if they FINALLY had that ABBA reunion on stage... in their home country.

mauve

Veteran
I just want Sweden to win because of the 50th anniversary of "Waterloo" winning next year. I mean, just imagine if they FINALLY had that ABBA reunion on stage... in their home country.
I can understand that! Talking of ABBA their most underrated song is an instrumental one:

xheartxheartxheartxheartxheart

Sammy

Veteran
yes that‘s tempting. Still I prefer an act to win for reasons that are inherent to the sing/lyrics/staging whatever itself. But after having read some comments it seems that a lot of people would find that in Loreen‘s entry anyway.

Top Bottom