2 0.8%

15 5.8%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

HarryUK

Veteran
Loreen has toppled David Guetta and Bebe Rexha (I’m Good) from the top of my Spotify ‘on repeat’ playlist. They were there since September!

AlekS

Veteran
Loreen is dominating YT and Spotify with 2-3 times more streams than her closest MF competitor.

TikTok. M&M gain a lot if their video features somebody else's song. "Air" has quite modest amount of streams.

i anixi

Loreen´s song sounds so unfresh from every angle, not even the title idea is original. Everything has been taken from somewhere else. Including the uh uh uhs, can you believe it? Still, it´s the absolute favourite to win the whole thing...xshrug
xshrug

FilipFromSweden

Not even the title idea is original.
Please, as far as titles go, everything has been done (more or less). I challenge you to come up with a song title right here right now, in English, that's never been done before (and that is'nt just rubbish)

i anixi

Please, as far as titles go, everything has been done (more or less). I challenge you to come up with a song title right here right now, in English, that's never been done before (and that is'nt just rubbish)
Yes, when we have decided we love something , we are loyal till the end and any excuse will do... That's not a bad thing though 🙂

i anixi

It's not in the title, I didn't say that. But it features in the lyrics of a very well known song and band. The tattoo, the stuck on, the you and the uh uh uh, along with all the rhyming.
The sound is also a mash up of several well known songs put together, one of them from ABBA. Not saying it's a plagiarism, because it's not. It's just not fresh, as it picked several famous sequences of notes from here and there.

FilipFromSweden

It's not in the title, I didn't say that. But it features in the lyrics of a very well known song and band. The tattoo, the stuck on, the you and the uh uh uh, along with all the rhyming.
The sound is also a mash up of several well known songs put together, one of them from ABBA. Not saying it's a plagiarism, because it's not. It's just not fresh, as it picked several famous sequences of notes from here and there.
As you're Portuguese and come from some of the best music culture in the world, I sincerely hope you don't actually think Maroon 5's One More Night sounds anything like Loreen's Tattoo. If you really want to be a linguistical police about it, go ahead and make the assumption that she also plagiarizes Robin Stjernberg's You as they both feature ''you-hoo-hoo''.

Semra

Marcus & Martinus getting put 4th in the running order isn't surprising. They are essentially just a promotion act after all.
They have some craaazy loyal young fans though. My guess is SVT placed them 4:th just in case... To secure a Loreen win. Not that I think she wouldn't win anyway.

FilipFromSweden

They have some craaazy loyal young fans though. My guess is SVT placed them 4:th just in case... To secure a Loreen win. Not that I think she wouldn't win anyway.
Today I filled in for a colleague as a sports teacher and several of the kids (age 8?) requested that I'd play Air :S they didn't ask for any other song

Semra

Today I filled in for a colleague as a sports teacher and several of the kids (age 8?) requested that I'd play Air :S they didn't ask for any other song
Exactly. I think now they may be bigger in Sweden than in Norway! Here they are a little "yesterdays news". They made the right choice going for Sweden. I think their style, in music and apperance, is perfect for the Swedish market actually.

i anixi

As you're Portuguese and come from some of the best music culture in the world, I sincerely hope you don't actually think Maroon 5's One More Night sounds anything like Loreen's Tattoo. If you really want to be a linguistical police about it, go ahead and make the assumption that she also plagiarizes Robin Stjernberg's You as they both feature ''you-hoo-hoo''.
Please, can you even read?

Top Bottom