15 5.8%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Mainshow

Veteran
Cosmetic changes to a flawed contest...
I somehow agree with you - I mean, the biggest flaw (apart from the people in charge choosing the same kind of songs every year) is probably that utterly stupid voting system (all these useless age groups)).

That said, I´m glad that there are no arbitrary duels in Andra Chansen, though.

Realest

If Melfest is flawed, then every other NF worldwide is flawed.

HarryUK

Melfest is more of an institution these days... many countries could really do with having one, I include the UK in that. The interest is there now especially after last year's result! Imagine the UK Eurovision national final being held at Wembley Stadium :love:

A-lister

Veteran
If Melfest is flawed, then every other NF worldwide is flawed.

Melodifestivalen is well produced, probably the best produced NF of all, but musically speaking it hasn't been the best selection for quite some time already. Sure, if you shorten it to only the NF is still one of the best, but it certainly got some competitors lately.

Sanremo, Vidbir, Eurovision France > Melodifestivalen in terms of musical output , for a while even Eesti Laul was better (but not any longer I must admit). The Finnish selection is also challenging MF these days.

A-lister

Veteran
I somehow agree with you - I mean, the biggest flaw (apart from the people in charge choosing the same kind of songs every year) is probably that utterly stupid voting system (all these useless age groups)).
Yeah the biggest flaw is the people choosing the entries and generally the view on the entries, it's corrupt and narrow-minded and frankly out of touch and that's it.
That said, I´m glad that there are no arbitrary duels in Andra Chansen, though.

Andra Chansen is generally pointless, there was a time it did mean something but I think we're long past that, now it's just another way to drag this thing out.

Mainshow

Veteran
Melodifestivalen is well produced, probably the best produced NF of all, but musically speaking it hasn't been the best selection for quite some time already. Sure, if you shorten it to only the NF is still one of the best, but it certainly got some competitors lately.

Sanremo, Vidbir, Eurovision France > Melodifestivalen in terms of musical output , for a while even Eesti Laul was better (but not any longer I must admit). The Finnish selection is also challenging MF these days.
The impact and production value of Melodifestivalen remain unmatched, of course - and I still enjoy the final, for sure.

But I completely agree with you - Sanremo, Vidbir, Eurovision France and UMK have been indeed more daring and entertaining, in my opinion (when it comes to the songs) - even the Czech Republic surprised me last year.

lasse braun

melo 2022 was in my opinium the weakest year since 2010 - there was only one good song and this song (good save the queen) won the competion.
2023?
no idea but i have no real hope for more various musicgenres at the melo.:sleep:

Realest

Summary.

Nordman, med låt skriven av bland andra Jimmy Jansson och Thomas G:son
Wiktoria Johansson, med låt skriven av bland andra Melanie Wehbe
Loulou LaMotte
Marcus & Martinus
Theoz
Emil Henrohn
Panetoz
Smash into pieces
Melanie Wehbe
Paul Rey
Elov & Beny
Tennessee Tears
Maria Sur
Ida-Lova
Victor Crone
Loreen, med låt skriven av bland andra Peter Boström, Thomas G:son, Jimmy ”Joker” Thörnfeldt.
Eva Rydberg & Ewa Roos
Axel Schylström
Laurell Barker
Tone Sekelius
Kiana Blanckert
Rejhan Bellani

Next Week we should get the full List.

Last Year it was the 30.11.

HarryUK

I'm glad to see Panetoz & Axel back!

My front runners are Wiktoria, Loreen & Tone though

FilipFromSweden

Allegedly, Cazzi Opeia might return as well

Fluke

Nordman? Gothenburg 2024 it is then.
Dunno if you're kidding, but there will probably never be a ESC hosted in Göteborg anyway, since they dont have an arena sufficient for it, unless one is built.

A-lister

Veteran
Allegedly, Cazzi Opeia might return as well
One of the few good entries of MF'22, the best imo, but the performance and staging was bad, made it come across as childish rather than quirky and uplifting which is more what the song was.

Realest

Mariette is in again.

Melodifestivalen 2023 klara artister​

STÄNG
...enligt Aftonbladets källor:
  1. Nordman, med låt skriven av bland andra Jimmy Jansson och Thomas G:son
  2. Wiktoria Johansson, med låt skriven av bland andra Melanie Wehbe
  3. Loulou LaMotte
  4. Marcus & Martinus
  5. Theoz
  6. Emil Henrohn
  7. Panetoz
  8. Smash into pieces
  9. Melanie Wehbe
  10. Paul Rey
  11. Elov & Beny
  12. Tennessee Tears
  13. Maria Sur
  14. Ida-Lova
  15. Victor Crone
  16. Loreen, med låt skriven av bland andra Peter Boström, Thomas G:son, Jimmy ”Joker” Thörnfeldt.
  17. Eva Rydberg & Ewa Roos
  18. Axel Schylström
  19. Laurell Barker
  20. Tone Sekelius
  21. Kiana Blanckert
  22. Rejhan Bellani
  23. Mariette Hansson, med låt av Thomas G:son och Jimmy Jansson.
  24. Systerduo, barnbarn till stor svensk artist, tävlar med en ”ursvensk folkpoplåt”.
I reglerna för Melodifestivalen ingår en munkavle på låtskrivare och artister som gör att de inte öppet får kommentera sin medverkan i tävlingen förrän SVT gett sitt tillstånd. Aftonbladet förlitar sig därför på en stor mängd väl insatta källor för att i förhand kunna rapportera vilka artister som SVT väljer ut till tävlingen. Inför 2022 års Melodifestivalen avslöjade vi 22 av 28 akter, 2021 kände Aftonbladets läsare till 27 av 28 artister på
förhand, 2020 bestod vår lista av 21 av 28 akter och 2019 hade Aftonbladet avslöjat 24 av 28 tävlande i förväg.

Read somewhere else that Jessica Andersson and Lina Hedlund were rejected. Anzon Hagman and David Lindgren probably as well.

Mainshow

Veteran
Mariette could be interesting. I absolutely adored her entry in 2015 and "For You" was enjoyable... Hopefully, her third attempt will be as strong as "Don´t Stop Believing" again!

A-lister

Veteran
The list looks pretty depressing, out of the rumored names and the little description we got these caught my eye:

Wiktoria - If she goes back to her Country-Pop / 90's dance-pop bland, or if she surprises us with a good ballad in Swedish (doubt it)

Loreen - She's always been good in MF (Statements was a bit misguided though), and generally she's a great artist so if she goes all in on this comeback and plays her cards right, this is the one to look out for.

Panetoz - Hit or miss but could be fun

Systerduo - Dunno who they are but the description says Swedish folk-pop, and I'm here for it!

alca

Mariette could be interesting. I absolutely adored her entry in 2015 and "For You" was enjoyable... Hopefully, her third attempt will be as strong as "Don´t Stop Believing" again!
Her 3rd? 2023 will be her 5th. 2015, 2017 (her best if you ask me), 2018 and 2020.

DanielLuis

"A Million Years" was easily the best Mariette entry, and probably the only one that would be competitive at Eurovision.

Top Bottom