2 0.8%

15 5.8%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

A-lister

Veteran
Really? I always thought As I Lay Me Down sounded like something from 2002, or a slowed + reverb version of Jill Johnson's Crazy In Love

Maybe because it has some 90's Europop/dance influences? But that's intentional, and that trend has been coming back in different phases throughout the years as well (we literally won ESC with a straight up 90's-inspired banger in Euphoria).

Lol Jill Johnson wishes, Crazy in Love was always an entry for the 50-70 yos Gunillas and Barbros out there, and that's fine too but had no youthful or contemporary touch to it what-so-ever.

A-lister

Veteran
I have heavily disliked all of Wiktoria´s attempt. There´s something about the tone of her voice I can´t stand.

I see, I can get that, but like discussed in here I do think her voice is good, but she has a tendency to oversing it and at times it's very strained. I am not sure if that's what you refer to though?

Last edited:

elanyvx

from Aftonbladet:

1. Nordman
  2. Wiktoria Johansson
  3. Loulou LaMotte
  4. Marcus & Martinus
  5. Theoz
  6. Emil Henrohn
  7. Panetoz
  8. Smash into pieces
  9. Melanie Wehbe

A-lister

Veteran
from Aftonbladet:

1. Nordman
  2. Wiktoria Johansson
  3. Loulou LaMotte
  4. Marcus & Martinus
  5. Theoz
  6. Emil Henrohn
  7. Panetoz
  8. Smash into pieces
  9. Melanie Wehbe

Can't say it looks exciting, quite the contrary.

Wiktoria is the only name, perhaps Loulou as solo (it could be in Swedish since she just released her first Swedish solo song). Panetoz could be fun potentially.

DanielLuis

Melanie Wehbe deciding to actually compete as a singer is quite interesting to be honest

Franzilein

Smash into pieces

Oooo, found a new band to listen to. Hell yes :love:

EDIT: WAIT NO WAY. I KNEW THEM BEFORE, THEY WROTE THIS?!?!?? HELL YES, MF JUST GOT INTERESTING!

LivingOrganism

Never thought I'd see Smash into pieces at anything connected with Eurovision. Well, if their song is a masterpiece as usual, then I might just have an early favorite already

mauve

Veteran
Oooo, found a new band to listen to. Hell yes :love:

EDIT: WAIT NO WAY. I KNEW THEM BEFORE, THEY WROTE THIS?!?!?? HELL YES, MF JUST GOT INTERESTING!

Holy cow! What a fantastic song! Didn't know the band before. Just listened to some other songs of them. I am in all for it, even though I doubt Sweden would ever send a rockband. But great band! xheat

blue00eyes

Wiktoria is a hit or miss, either I love her entry or heavily dislike it. I hope it's not some country inspired radio song, I'd rather leave country for Anna Bergendahl.

FilipFromSweden

Maria Sur and Ida-Lova are really interesting choices tbh. It’s good because the contest needs new blood

Mainshow

Veteran
None of the former contestants excite me.

I will probably refrain from watching any heats and just tune in for the final (like in recent years)

Realest

Update.

Melodifestivalen 2023 klara artister​

STÄNG
...enligt Aftonbladets källor:
  1. Nordman, med låt skriven av bland andra Jimmy Jansson och Thomas G:son
  2. Wiktoria Johansson, med låt skriven av bland andra Melanie Wehbe
  3. Loulou LaMotte
  4. Marcus & Martinus
  5. Theoz
  6. Emil Henrohn
  7. Panetoz
  8. Smash into pieces
  9. Melanie Wehbe
  10. Paul Rey
  11. Elov & Beny
  12. Tennessee Tears
  13. Maria Sur
  14. Ida-Lova
  15. Victor Crone
  16. Loreen, med låt skriven av bland andra Peter Boström, Thomas G:son, Jimmy ”Joker” Thörnfeldt.

FilipFromSweden

Loreen is rumored to do a song by the creators of Euphoria. I can’t breathe!!!!!!!!!!1 imagine if it’s a song on the same level, she is the best I am proud to be a delusional stan

HarryUK

Loreen is rumored to do a song by the creators of Euphoria. I can’t breathe!!!!!!!!!!1 imagine if it’s a song on the same level, she is the best I am proud to be a delusional stan
I still don't understand how she didn't win second chance with Statements, it was captivating and a lot better than Anton

Top Bottom