A million voices voices
Can you hear them
A million voices​

Last edited by a moderator:

A-lister

Veteran
:eek: :eek: :eek: You don't know The Girl who is still young? :eek:

:lol:

Well, Charlotte won't win if that's the one you refer to.

It'll probably be the Tusse blandness, I just can't get over how utterly generic and bland that entry is and that it will represent my country :(

At least The Mamas has a pretty good entry this year, I wouldn't mind them.

crashworld

Veteran
Now that the finalists are out, here is my ranking:

1. Danny Saucedo - Dandi Dansa
2. Eric Saade - Every Minute
3. Anton Ewald - New Religion
4. Dotter - Little Tot
5. The Mamas - In the Middle
6. Tusse - Voices
7. Alvaro Estrella - Baila Baila
8. Klara Hammarström - Beat Of Broken Hearts
9. Charlotte Perrelli - Still Young
10. Clara Klingenström - Behöver inte dig idag
11. Paul Rey - The Missing Piece
12. Arvingarna - Tänker inte alls ga hem

To be honest, any song from 1 to 5 will be fine with me. The Mamas just because they have missed their chance last year.
Actually, Tusse's song is pretty good. But it's just that as an overall package, it's pretty lackluster compared to the ones that I mentioned in my no. 1 to 5.

A-lister

Veteran
The American one in The Mamas irritates me though, gurl you live and have a career in Sweden, at least pretend to be somewhat invested... it's an easy language, it's not hard to learn some simple phrases at least to show the public that you give a f* ... such arrogance!

Oh well, I still wouldn't be mad if The Mamas win this year (and this comes from someone who really didn't like "Move").

Realest

Most songs from this year's MF would flop in ESC, and as a Swede myself I'd be more than happy to have an entry that actually represent our music scene than something that isn't, and isn't that what Eurovision should be all about in the end of the day? xshrug

I mean it won't win so don't worry, but if they'd properly revamp the staging, I could see this at least qualifying and that's more than I can say about most of the other entries (however with the current staging and styling it would probably flop in ESC).

Anyways, Tusse will win with his blandness and we won't qualify, so then I'd prefer to NQ with something genuine.
Youre not honestly thinking Clara has more Qualificationschances than Tusse, only because you like her Song more?

Maybe rooting for a song - for some - is not only about which place the song will get in May, but about how much you love it? Being fan of the ESC is not just being fan of the most popular songs.

Thats totally fine. I personally think its egoistic to want a Country to send a Nonqualifier (which Clara obviously is, lets face it) only for your own Pleasure. In my Eyes Countries Countries should send their best (aka their most competitive) Entry, regardless if its my own Favourite or not.

Mrm

Veteran
@Realest

Clara is not an obvious NQ ... I personally think Tusse has more chances, but her chances are not that small TBH..

A-lister

Veteran
Youre not honestly thinking Clara has more Qualificationschances than Tusse, only because you like her Song more?

Thats totally fine. I personally think its egoistic to want a Country to send a Nonqualifier (which Clara obviously is, lets face it) only for your own Pleasure. In my Eyes Countries Countries should send their best (aka their most competitive) Entry, regardless if its my own Favourite or not.

With a complete revamped staging that looks more professional and different styling and all that, then yes I think so because the song IS good (but with the current presentation it would fall flat, at least I agree with you on that part).

We have a different approach to ESC clearly, I want to hear the countries in the entries, that's what ESC should be all about. I don't need 40 Pop songs in English xshrug

Sammy

Veteran

that's one perspective. you could also say: I want my country to send the song that is musically the most interesting one, even if it's not winning. Sometimes these songs even stay longer in the collective memory of the fandom.
Take for instance: Timna Brauer for Austria: Dead last. Not competitive at all. But lyrically one of the best songs in the entire history of the contest. Pure poetry. I'm glad we sent her, and if you ask longterm fans about Austrias entries, this one will come up every time. On the other hand - many of the top five songs in the contest are nowadays in oblivion.
If you define a good entry only by its success, then you are right. But isn't that a bit one-dimensional? Doesn't the contest offer much more than the final ranking?

Ezio

Veteran
Doesnt change the Fact, that the Song is totally uncompetitive and destined to fail at ESC if it somehow won MF (which wont happen). As if the ESC Public votes for it only because it reflects swedish Musicculture.
Why should we believe you? You are just a random forumer with an opinion.

Jokuc

1. Tusse - I feel like I've heard this a hundred times before but it's a strong performance and the only entry that gives me winner vibes.
  2. Anton E - Say what you want about the generic Swedish pop sound and dance, but this is a catchy song with a really strong vocal and dance performance by Anton.
  3. Danny S - Pretty good song and the performance is nice, however it's a bit of a Jamiroquai wannabe..
  4. Klara H - Good song but nothing unique. Performance is meh but her clothes are cool.
  5. Dotter - Good. It is a little repetitive but still doesn't manage to stick.
  6. Eric S - I don't quite get the hype, dance is fun and the ending sequence is strong but I've seen that sort of staging many times before outside ESC, stop acting like he's being revolutionary lol
  7. Clara K - I wouldn't enjoy listening to the song but it feels genuine in a way so I'm going to give it a thumbs up anyway.
  8. Paul R - Decent song with a pretty cool performance and staging, but it's kind of boring after a while.
  9. The Mamas - Boring. Ugly outfits, don't like the staging.
  10. Charlotte P - I don't like this boomer wanna be young crap, the performance is good though.
  11. Arvingarna - Fun song but their previous entry was much better. It's really obvious that Nanne G helped to produce this song.
  12. Alvaro E - horrible latino entry no 9999999

yes ladies and gentlemen this is the one and only list so study it closely

Honestly this list is more so ranked based on how much I like the songs and performances and not so much of how much I want the songs to win. Just because I like swedish dansband music for example doesn't mean I think it's a good idea that we send that shit to esc. As for which artist I think deserves to win the most.. I'd say Grotesco ft DJ Trexx.

Realest

that's one perspective. you could also say: I want my country to send the song that is musically the most interesting one, even if it's not winning. Sometimes these songs even stay longer in the collective memory of the fandom.
Take for instance: Timna Brauer for Austria: Dead last. Not competitive at all. But lyrically one of the best songs in the entire history of the contest. Pure poetry. I'm glad we sent her, and if you ask longterm fans about Austrias entries, this one will come up every time. On the other hand - many of the top five songs in the contest are nowadays in oblivion.
If you define a good entry only by its success, then you are right. But isn't that a bit one-dimensional? Doesn't the contest offer much more than the final ranking?
Thats understandable, but in my Eyes ESC is the most important Musiccompetition worldwide and therefore Success is the only Thing that matters, because its the only objective Measure. And you will disagree, but in my Eyes the Opinion of 100s of Professionals and 1000s of Televoter has more Weight than the Opinion of a handful of Hardcore-Fans, because the Final Result is the only Thing that will appear in the Media, in Statistics etc..and not how great e.g. Tina Brauers Lyrics were back then.

Sammy

Veteran
@Realest Try to see more in the contest than just the competition. It‘s not a question of either or, it‘s a question of this AND that. ;)

PS: According to the statistics and the media „Nel blu di pinto di blu“ should not have been known after the contest. Do you know who won that year without checking? :unsure:

crashworld

Veteran
Sorry if this is posted there before. But I didn't see it.
Anyway, I stand by my words. Eric Saade's entry is cheap passing off as expensive. Even the music video is so cheap-looking.
And now I got the staging concept, so apparently he's a mental person trapped in his own dirty mind.

But, on a good note, he is actually aging really good.

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
What a sad way to view Eurovision "success is the only important measure" must be.

Mrm

Veteran
Roflmao....that video.. :lol:

Sammy

Veteran
What will Eric Saade do in a few years when I can‘t pretend anymore to be the sexy mannoy? I hope he doesn‘t turn into a pathetic boyman who desperately tries to mimic his younger image...

I bims

Veteran
What a sad way to view Eurovision "success is the only important measure" must be.
That's everything the german media talks about when it comes to Eurovision. "We suck at it, let's leave. Let's not celebrate unity if we can't win" and therefore that's all that matters in Germany.

What will Eric Saade do in a few years when I can‘t pretend anymore to be the sexy mannoy? I hope he doesn‘t turn into a pathetic boyman who desperately tries to mimic his younger image...
If he's lucky he will age like Gary Barlow and turn into a hot dad, so he can still just float by just through being hot. Could be a judge on swedish idol and all that to stay somewhat relevant.

Top Bottom