Can you hear them
A million voices voices
Can you hear them
A million voices voices
Can you hear them
A million voices​

Last edited by a moderator:

Synergise

Still calling it that Tusse wins this. I think he'll have a sizeable televote lead, and will do well enough in the jury vote to win overall.

Don't think it's the right choice at all (it's like my 8th in this final), but Tusse just seems to have all the momentum in Sweden right now. Would be much happier with any of a Dotter / Eric / Mamas win personally, but can't see it happening.

Mrm

Veteran
The Mamas will perform 4th in the final..
Last year they won from the slot no3..

LoveHate

1. Clara Klingenström - 9,5
2. Dotter - 7,5
3. The Mamas - 7
4. Eric Saade - 6,5
5. Tusse - 6,5
6. Paul Rey - 6
7. Anton Ewald - 6
8. Klara Hammarström - 6
9. Danny Saucedo - 5,5
10. Arvingarna - 4
11. Alvaro Estrella - 3,5
12. Charlotte Perrelli - 3

Realistically speaking I hope Dotter wins, but on the other hand that would be a shame as her song last year was so much better.

A-lister

Veteran
So are we thinking that this will be down to a Tusse/Saade/Dotter/Mamas fight? Or can there genuinely be a dark horse? Tusse would be a bland choice for sure.

I'm afraid Tusse will win the public vote, but I now see Clara as a dark horse when it comes to the public vote (she might even surprise us and come second with the public, however I have a feeling the juries will rank her rather low).

I still hope for some miracle and Saade (or Dotter or The Mamas) will somehow manage to win in the end but it looks bad for us.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
The only song I truly loved this Melodifestivalen has made the final? What is this pleasant witchcraft? The moment I heard Clara's song for the first time I had an eargasm but thought to myself "oh, this is coming 7th in the heat" as all my biggest favourites usually do these days. Somehow though she made it to the second chance round and then defeated who I thought were the most obvious finalists. Unfortunately Eva & Ewa were my second favourites of the entire edition so it's sad to lose them, but gosh, gorgeous surfy dream pop in the final xheat How even?

PinchyCrabstina

No comment on last night's disastrous results.

The fact that Björkman is hosting the show this year means that we will watch him have a brain hemorrhage in real time when Arvingarna unexpectedly snatches the trophy next Saturday.

• Scream
Reactions: Mrm

mauve

Veteran
Well, I have only two songs that I really support and both probably won't make it. My favorite is Clara xheart, but I also like Anton a lot. The rest is rather meh. I am hoping for a miracle that Clara will win, so I can support Sweden since many, many years again.

Ezio

Veteran
Wow. Clara Klingenström is the best song I have heard in MelFest since Wiktoria 2017 or JHF 2015.

Ima be tunin in.

the other Klara though, generic as generic could get. Sad filler song.

Tusse is what I feared in advance, a Starboy era wannabe, but this song is so bad it must be NQ. the message of this song is so bland. A million horses taking flight.

i also kinda like the Mamas, the opening is very clever but then the song begins to drag. After Nobody But You, I remain lukewarm about them.

still young already sounds very old to my ears.

Last edited:

Mrm

Veteran
A
Well, I have only two songs that I really support and both probably won't make it. My favorite is Clara xheart, but I also like Anton a lot. The rest is rather meh. I am hoping for a miracle that Clara will win, so I can support Sweden since many, many years again.
Anton has a slot #4 in the final now, from which The Mamas won last year! :D

A-lister

Veteran
Wow. Clara Klingenström is the best song I have heard in MelFest since Wiktoria 2017 or JHF 2015.

Ima be tunin in.

the other Klara though, generic as generic could get. Sad filler song.

Tusse is what I feared in advance, a Starboy era wannabe, but this song is so bad it must be NQ. the message of this song is so bland. A million horses taking flight.

i also kinda like the Mamas, the opening is very clever but then the song begins to drag. After Nobody But You, I remain lukewarm about them.

still young already sounds very old to my ears.

Funny, we actually totally agree on something *#YesClara & #NoTusse building bridges*

Sammy

Veteran
Can I just say how much I love Clara Klingenström? It would make such a differnce if Sweden chose her instead of the polished tailormade songs that are the bookies favorites this year. A real song with a melody, oozes sincereness and simplicity, yet so powerful and convincing.

Bonus: it‘s in swedish. It‘s about time to have that beautiful language back on the ESc stage!

Realest

Clara is the Artist with the least Successpotential. Why should :se: send her? Only to please a handful of Forumpeople instead of 100s of professional Juries and 1000s of Televoters?

A-lister

Veteran
Clara is the Artist with the least Successpotential. Why should :se: send her? Only to please a handful of Forumpeople instead of 100s of professional Juries and 1000s of Televoters?
To please a handful of forumpeople? Clara's entry is the closest thing we have to an entry that would truly reflect the type of music that is popular in Sweden and that Swedes like, simply a proper Swedish song. For so many years now people wanted us to send something authentic and not these formulaic MF manufactured songs and now that would be bad too? xshrug

However I do agree that the staging and styling is amateur, if she by some miracle would win (I don't see it happening because I think the juries will downvote her), then they would have to completely revamp the presentation.

Realest

Clara's entry is the closest thing we have to an entry that would truly reflect the type of music that is popular in Sweden and that Swedes like, simply a proper Swedish song.

Doesnt change the Fact, that the Song is totally uncompetitive and destined to fail at ESC if it somehow won MF (which wont happen). As if the ESC Public votes for it only because it reflects swedish Musicculture.

Sammy

Veteran
Doesnt change the Fact, that the Song is totally uncompetitive and destined to fail at ESC if it somehow won MF (which wont happen). As if the ESC Public votes for it only because it reflects swedish Musicculture.
Maybe rooting for a song - for some - is not only about which place the song will get in May, but about how much you love it? Being fan of the ESC is not just being fan of the most popular songs.

A-lister

Veteran
Most songs from this year's MF would flop in ESC, and as a Swede myself I'd be more than happy to have an entry that actually represent our music scene than something that isn't, and isn't that what Eurovision should be all about in the end of the day? xshrug

I mean it won't win so don't worry, but if they'd properly revamp the staging, I could see this at least qualifying and that's more than I can say about most of the other entries (however with the current staging and styling it would probably flop in ESC).

Anyways, Tusse will win with his blandness and we won't qualify, so then I'd prefer to NQ with something genuine.

Mrm

Veteran
After Super Senhit let me down so dramatlically, I need The Mamas, Tusse or The Girl desperatelly here!!! It is a MUST, do you hear me Sweden?

Top Bottom