Can you hear them
A million voices voices
Can you hear them
A million voices voices
Can you hear them
A million voices​

Last edited by a moderator:

harey

If I remember well, Bilal only placed like 6th with the juries in DE.

I think Tusse is more of a jurybait. But there's no way he gets a big enough televote to be any real threat.
Yes exactly, I wasn't talking about jury votes but about televote here!

Ezio

Veteran
A quick visit to the 2015 thread ... 51 :0:
Heroes is awful. Glad it didn't win the televote at Eurovision, but it denied the most successful televoting winner of all times (highest share of available points) the victory which makes me still mad, so I'd rather not think about it ever again. Such a blatant ripoff of David Guetta song, and I don't like David Guetta neither. But I wouldn't have given 0 points, maybe 2 or 3.

2015 marked a turning point when fandom realized that Eurovision is under Swedish control.

NikolaiMoller

Veteran
2011 was the worst year in the last decade, it was 10 years ago and the Eurovision Song Contest was still getting popular and in the process of getting more contemporary, etc.
This year, we have many bops, diverse, more contemporary sounding tracks. More too choose from and let's not forget about the "accusations of Azerbaijan buying votes, for example in 2011 and 2013".

I mean, even in 2010, a Schlager entry like :dk: ended up being Top 5. "In A Moment Like This" wouldn't reach the Top 15 nowadays, imo.

If only Denmark would send something like "In A Moment Like This" again instead of what they are doing these days.......

FilipFromSweden

I mean, even in 2010, a Schlager entry like :dk: ended up being Top 5. "In A Moment Like This" wouldn't reach the Top 15 nowadays, imo.
hmm idk, In A Moment Like This was so charming and cliché to the point it was fun. The televote winner in 2019 was a schlager-pop song from 2007 so anything can happen in our crazy Eurovision world

rasmuslights

Veteran
also I really don't think people will feel the song the same way swedish people do. like Swedish people voted for it for the message mainly and for him, europe won't get the message since the message is generic and no one in europe knows Tusse and his music.

Ezio

Veteran
If only Denmark would send something like "In A Moment Like This" again instead of what they are doing these days.......
I found it so outdated back then, but 2010 didn't have much more to offer except for Slovakia (robbed!), Romania and Germany. Guess it's a guilty pleasure, a very guilty one. Denmark and Sweden are totally stuck in their clichés, with Denmark being less succesful. Denmark can't shake off their dated schlager and Sweden their generic pop.

FilipFromSweden

idk why everyone in here thinks Tusse won because of his ''story''. The Mamas had the strongest ''story'' of being robbed of the ESC experience and they didn't win. Tusse won the age group 3-9 and 10-15 and I can promise you those age groups don't read the news to the same extent that other age groups does

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Anyway, the highlight of this show (beyond Realest dropping eric IMMEDIATELY to worship tusse omfg the Successpotential is real y'all), was CLARA KLINGENSTRÖM outlasting all the other women and finishing third. SO proud of you my sweet indie seraph, be safe and stay away from further melfests before they suck out your soul.

Ezio

Veteran
also I really don't think people will feel the song the same way swedish people do. like Swedish people voted for it for the message mainly and for him, europe won't get the message since the message is generic and no one in europe knows Tusse and his music.
I am not sure if Swedish voters feel their songs of choice either, or vote strategically with their conscious minds. It's a Nordic country, so they are good at rationalizing things and not trusting their feelings.

alca

Well I can't read 30 pages. Very disappointed with Tusse!

The Mamas came second in the televote! xlovexlove Again, 1 point more than Dotter in the final ranking! :ROFLMAO:

Oh and I gave just 2 to Voices. Sorry Sweden. It should've been my girls.

JensJohan

Tusse was definitely not my favourite. I was rooting for a couple of well-deserved women. However, I cannot stand this bashing of Tusse's entry, insinuating that the win was all due to some grand politically-correct media hype. That's complete nonsense. Yes, Tusse has been profiled more than any other entry, but... most people in Sweden don't care about what the tabloids say. They just listen and make up their own minds, and they are no experts. Tusse won the televotes in all age groups. That ought to count for something.

Top Bottom