A million voices voices
Can you hear them
A million voices voices
Can you hear them
A million voices​

Last edited by a moderator:

A-lister

Veteran
My favorite entry of the evening (as far as song goes) was Clara, but I must say that Dotter stepped up her game performance wise from the semi, interestingly most acts had less energy this evening, wheres she was the one who actually did a much better performance.

Unfortunately "Little Tot" is still a bit basic to me (although obviously better than "Voices")

Anyways xclap to Dotter for that performance
xclap to Clara for having the best song in this year's MF
and xclap to Eric Saade for the overall best package...

Also a special mention to Paul Rey, very underrated song....

Reader

Cute, safe song with the singer representing diversity of the Sweden nation. Everything is squeaky clean and almost sterile. Another top 5-7 finish; nothing ground-breaking; nothing controversial. Sweden playing saaaaaafe (yawn)

theditz83

Veteran
Poor Dotter "losing" to The Mamas by 1 point yet again - that's some next level PTSD-inducing stuff!

Tusse was always winning this - and I'm so annoyed with myself that I automatically count the number of juries, multiply by 58 and then minus each public vote score as it comes in so I know straight away what the "jury winner" is getting from the public. Did Bjorkman ever think that there would be geeky people like us sitting with our calculators to avoid the faux tension?? Haha

This final was fairly normal - I've said it already and I'll say it again, :no: you were head and shoulders above :se: in terms of NF quality this year ;)

As for Tusse, he gets a :6: from me, but will be outside my Top 10 for the year I reckon...

FilipFromSweden

To all of you who predict a televote flop ... maybe, we can't know yet, but tonight was a new record in televoting and app-voting apparently and Tusse got 96/96 from the public so I don't think it will be on a Benjamin level

NikolaiMoller

Veteran
Gutted for all my faves, I hope Dotter can recover and come back stronger than ever one day. Clara is a great promise for the future (and one of the best AC placements ever, I presume?)

As for Tusse, winning absolutely every age group smells to be borderline communist-era-voting :D

However, I do like Voices to some extent, I don't agree it's really that beige. I predict another Ingrosso/Lundvik top10 with superhigh juryvote not really supported by the televote.

:7: points for now.

If I remember correctly "You" came through AC in 2013 and won

A-lister

Veteran
Not to get into a big discussion about this but ... big parts of Europe are kinda racist, we don't all share the same cultural values

Some parts of Europe are for sure (especially some Eastern and Southern countries), but Sweden also has a complete wrong understanding of what "racism" is though so I think we're on the other "extreme" of this...

Mainshow

Veteran
Dotter's look was speechless. I mean, her reaction is more authentic than all these "thank you, I love you for making me lose" kisses from all the other participants.

I mean, she was one of the huge favourites to win twice and tbh, she got the best package of all participants twice but somehow, Sweden loves going for well-produced and catchy beige mid-tempo bops.
I don't blame them. Tusse is lovely and the song will perform well in Rotterdam but again... Dotter was on another league (not on the same level like Bulletproof, though).

QwaarJet

ESC Moderator
This!

Anyways we'll flop in ESC, rightly so... can't wait for all the headlines here screaming that Europe is racist (that's the typical Swedish delusional reaction to stuff these days).

You wont flop at all. Europe will love Voices. Especially the juries.

crashworld

Veteran
Surprise of the night: Klara Hammarström
She ended at no 6. I do like the song but I am surprised with the results.

Eric Eric Eric, the 49 points from televote is SHOCKING to me. Guess they don't agree with the golfer Dad's outfit.
Danny, sigh... 7th overall. Expected higher to be honest.
Poor Anton, he doesn't deserve to end up in the bottom 2. Even Latin Dad & the gay uncles beat him. LOL.

FilipFromSweden

Some parts of Europe are for sure (especially some Eastern and Southern countries), but Sweden also has a complete wrong understanding of what "racism" is though so I think we're on the other "extreme" of this...
Could you please link ONE news article stating that John Lundvik was robbed in 2019 due to racism?

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
So many mixed emotions right now. :lol: Sad that Clara didn't give us a shock win, but still super stoked she got third in the televote! Relieved that Eric Saade didn't win, and glad a nice song won. Although still underwhelmed with the anti-climactic obvious results in a very safe, middle of the road edition overall.

Voices gets 7 points from me. :)

A-lister

Veteran
To all of you who predict a televote flop ... maybe, we can't know yet, but tonight was a new record in televoting and app-voting apparently and Tusse got 96/96 from the public so I don't think it will be on a Benjamin level

You really compare the local Swedish televotes with European votes? With all the local media hype and all that too? Seriously, the Swedish televotes are no indication of what will happen in Europe... this smells Eurovision televote flop a long way to me...

But you're right, we can only speculate about that but I don't see most of Europe voting for this xshrug

Synergise

But that's in Sweden, where Tusse has a story and it resonates.

At Eurovision, Tusse doesn't have any of that.

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
I truly dig the verses because it reminds me of The Weeknd's Starboy, but the chorus... please kill it with fire.

:6: and the usual midtable placement for :se: in my ranking woohoo

Top Bottom