A million voices voices
Can you hear them
A million voices voices
Can you hear them
A million voices​

Last edited by a moderator:

FilipFromSweden

So here's my review on Semi 4:

- Firstly I am quite upset (but not surprised) by the fact that SVT squeezed pretty much the best songs of MF'21 into the last semi thus unfairly having better entries being kicked out and worse ones from the previous semis making it to the final and of course they also squeezed the best Swedish language entries into the same semi, very unfortunate but predictable since they really don't want Swedish language to succeed....
+ The hosting was pretty fun this week, probably best show so far

Happens every year

kamc

The fact that Tusse is the red hot favourite at the bookies to win Melfest is terrifying!!! I mean...seriously?
His song is very bland and generic.

Eric has to come through here. His song is very “The Weeknd at eurovision” and we will take it. Unfortunately the tone of his voice is not the most pleasant and I can only imagine how amazing the song would sound with Robin Bengtsson at the helm.
However, it has to be the winner here.
And as a back-up, Dotter is also acceptable (and Charlotte, but she is chanceless to win)

PinchyCrabstina

Eric Saade's performance and especially the choreography is making me feel smth. Idk why but I can't stop laughing, it's actual comedy gold. I have always wanted for my country to send a joke entry to ESC and I realize this is probably the closest we'll get to that in a really long time. Gosh I really hope he wins now (or Danny or the Evwa's)

Last edited:

EscGeek

Veteran
Eric Saade's performance and especially the choreography is making me feel smth. Idk why but I can't stop laughing, it's actual comedy gold. I have always wanted for my country to send a joke entry to ESC and I realize this is probably the closest we'll get to that in a really long time. Gosh I really hope he wins now (or Danny)
He's like Drake dancing in Hotline Bling, but worse. (or better.. it depends on your standards :lol: )

FilipFromSweden

I hate to say this but the mp3 version of Little Tot is not very good? I think overall Tusse has my favorite song, but my wishes-to-win-Eurovision brain doesn't think it's the best idea

• Like It
Reactions: Mrm

A-lister

Veteran
The fact that Tusse is the red hot favourite at the bookies to win Melfest is terrifying!!! I mean...seriously?
His song is very bland and generic.

Sweden in a nutshell, some cry story about him coming to Sweden as a child and our media is running wild... the song is secondary when they can make politics out of it... if Danny or Dotter did his song there wouldn't be any hype about it...

A-lister

Veteran
Eric's honestly next level... He's my number one, and by quite a distance, the entry Sweden has to send. My first hype hype hype this season

Swedish media already decided on Tusse and the sheep follow the sheep follow the Shepherd xshrug

kamc

Sweden in a nutshell, some cry story about him coming to Sweden as a baby and our media is running wild... the song is secondary when they can make politics out of it... if Danny or Dotter did his song there wouldn't be any hype about it and we probably would have a Dotter vs. Eric scenario rather...
That’s a real shame!
Let’s hope the International Jury do their job in the final.

A-lister

Veteran
That’s a real shame!
Let’s hope the International Jury do their job in the final.
I wouldn't put my trust in them, they aren't very different from the ESC juries so they also prefer bland generic stuff

FilipFromSweden

Sweden in a nutshell, some cry story about him coming to Sweden as a baby and our media is running wild... the song is secondary when they can make politics out of it... if Danny or Dotter did his song there wouldn't be any hype about it

I really don't think that's fair and you're being a bit racist. Tusse is an amazing singer, he won Swedish Idol and it's no surprise he is the favorite right now because the song is in the same sort of style like The Weeknd. To say that his success is only because of identity politics is such character assassination. He was first introduced to the public in 2018 as someone who failed to reach the finals in Sweden's Got Talent, his heritage didn't matter then and it doesn't matter now

A-lister

Veteran
I mean, his song is okay? I'm a lover and a sucker for generic pop songs in ESC but "Voices" doesn't do it for me xthink
I think his song is super bland, there is generic Pop that can be ok, it's not as if Eric or Dotter are particularly groundbreaking, but at least they have some sort of identity to them wheres Voices is really forgettable.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
How DARE they get rid of Tess like that. Then again the performance vocally speaking gave me Dilba vibes almost, but still.

And these duels. My number 1 and number 2 of this entire Melodifestivalen battling it out 🥴 It means I'll lose the one song I truly love from this year's contest, but at least Ewa and Eva will advance I guess.

A-lister

Veteran
I really don't think that's fair and you're being a bit racist. Tusse is an amazing singer, he won Swedish Idol and it's no surprise he is the favorite right now because the song is in the same sort of style like The Weeknd. To say that his success is only because of identity politics is such character assassination. He was first introduced to the public in 2018 as someone who failed to reach the finals in Sweden's Got Talent, his heritage didn't matter then and it doesn't matter now

And here comes the racist card, how predictable Zzzzz ... no I am just telling what I see, I don't care about his background or skin color if that's what you think? My favorite entry in MF'19 was John Lundvik and Loreen is my favorite Swedish ESC entry of all time so xshrug ... but when they need to sell a song (or artist) with a back-story it's pretty blatant... the song and talent should be the selling point, he might have the talent, but the song not.

Oh please, The Weeknd is amazing, don't compare this blandess of a song to one of the greatest contemporary acts out there... there is nothing at all in this entry that reminds me of The Weeknd, Voices is typical MF Pop we've heard for years now...

Top Bottom