A million voices voices
Can you hear them
A million voices voices
Can you hear them
A million voices​

Last edited by a moderator:

I bims

Veteran
I didn't know that Eric Saade has so weak voice, but whole performance is amazing and with backing vocals he can handle it (or is it allowed to put pre-recorded back vocals on Eurovision? I've heard that rumor, maybe it is true? It could help him a lot, but I think this is not okay for the contest...).
They are allowed to have prerecorded backing vocals so they don't have to bring background singers and minimize the amount of people that need to travel (due to covid).
But he already had that with his Melfest performance. You still could hear his weak voice. There is nothing going on in the song that could hide it.

A-lister

Veteran
@A-lister

What do you think of E&E - Clara duel, what will happen? My two faves in AC! :(

Yeah, why am I not surprised that SVT and the MF team want to make sure to eliminate as much Swedish language as they can? xshrug The entries aren't anything alike, it would have been fairer to put entries next together that are more similar in style...

Well E&E's entry is crap but I think they will make it instead of Clara, which is unfortunate...

Last edited:

BorisBubbles

Veteran
A relisten in high quality was all i needed to reaffirm my beliefs. I actually... really love Tusse lol. Genderqueer gay performance king stomping on the haters (a-lister) with mediocre scandiblandi pop xheart His spiritual predecessor Billal Hassani will be so proud when he comes 12th in Rotterdam. :love:

(his song is still like... a 5/10 tho lol, but I blame the Debs' LAZYNESS for that.)

Speaking of A-lister

probably best show so far

I legit thought this was the worst Melfest heat of all times lmfao xheart

Last edited:

simonPL

They are allowed to have prerecorded backing vocals so they don't have to bring background singers and minimize the amount of people that need to travel (due to covid).
But he already had that with his Melfest performance. You still could hear his weak voice. There is nothing going on in the song that could hide it.
Oh, thanks for clarification! I don't like this idea nad I hope this is only for this year.

I know that Melfest allows prerecorded backing vocals and Eric's performance was full of it. I remember when Margaret started with "In My Cabana" in semi-final, her performance was full of back vocals as well, but the final one was more "live" and they removed some vocals from the background, so we could hear her in real. I don't know if this was a rule for everyone but when I discovered differences in the background of "In My Cabana" in semis vs. final, I was like, ok, so semis may be more like song presentations of some artists with weaker voices (because they use this kind of support), but the final concert sounds more real because of possible winning and rules on the main ESC stage without prerecorded vocals.

This is a little bit dangerous rule anyway. The same thing we had on JESC last year - if you ask me, winning song from France was 100% lyp-synced. And that girl who won definitely can sing, the song was very nice and IMO well-deserved winner, but they didn't give a sh-- during the performance and played playback. I don't want it during ESC.

A-lister

Veteran
A relisten in high quality was all i needed to reaffirm my beliefs. I actually... really love Tusse lol. Genderqueer gay performance king stomping on the haters (a-lister) with mediocre scandiblandi pop xheart His spiritual predecessor Billal Hassani will be so proud when he comes 12th in Rotterdam. :love:

(his song is still like... a 5/10 tho lol, but I blame the Debs' LAZYNESS for that.)

Speaking of A-lister

I legit thought this was the worst Melfest heat of all times lmfao xheart

I'm confused, you root for an entry you basically call mediocre and is a 5/10 for you? :lol: xshrug

Tusse is pure crap, and yes I can see him coming 12th... in the semi that is! But I pray for sanity from my very unsane fellow Swedes to not vote for him (but since the media tells them to, they will, that's how this country works unfortunately).

Mrm

Veteran
@A-lister

Don't think I say this cause they are my TOP 3, but I really think Sweden's best chance to do very good in Rotterdam are The Mamas on the first place, then Charlotte Perelli and Tusse Chiza, they have the best vocals out of all these, they are polished and perfect perfect vocally, even without the help of prerecorded backings, all of them can even win jury segment in Rotterdam IMO...The Mamas and Tusse Chiza can also do very good with the audience..

I bims

Veteran
Oh, thanks for clarification! I don't like this idea nad I hope this is only for this year.
Yeah I think it will be just this year. At least I hope so :D

This is a little bit dangerous rule anyway. The same thing we had on JESC last year - if you ask me, winning song from France was 100% lyp-synced. And that girl who won definitely can sing, the song was very nice and IMO well-deserved winner, but they didn't give a sh-- during the performance and played playback. I don't want it during ESC.
Oh it was 100% the studio vocals used in that video. I layered them and they were the exact same. The people that say it wasn't just don't seem to know how stuff works? :'D I don't know. There's proof.
But at the end of the day I am more mad that they caused the controversy because the result would've been the exact same. That little girl can sing and it sounds exactly like the studio version. So I'm not really mad about the win anymore bc based on that it was at least deserved.

Genderqueer gay performance king stomping on the haters (a-lister) with mediocre scandiblandi pop xheart

giphy.gif

A-lister

Veteran
@A-lister

Don't think I say this cause they are my TOP 3, but I really think Sweden's best chance to do very good in Rotterdam are The Mamas on the first place, then Charlotte Perelli and Tusse Chiza, they have the best vocals out of all these, they are polished and perfect perfect vocally, even without the help of prerecorded backings, all of them can even win jury segment in Rotterdam IMO...The Mamas and Tusse Chiza can also do very good with the audience..

I think all of the ones you just mentioned will flop with televoters, the juries won't be enough... and it's not that I hate The Mamas or even Charlotte's entries, but no I don't see the televoters getting behind so I completely disagree with this. I know ESC juries are unfortunately vocal obsessed, but there are also songs to take into consideration here not just vocals.

Tusse's entry I really dislike (as if that wasn't clear already :lol:), and yes I agree juries support such craps, but again televoters will probably not so it would be bye bye Sweden.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
I'm confused, you root for an entry you basically call mediocre and is a 5/10 for you? :lol: xshrug
This melfest is BAD! of course i'm rooting for a bad song. (but i care more for the live performance usually, and the live of voices is legit very good, by this melfest's standards.)

Well that's not true. I'm rooting for Lidl Dot, but she won't win. Tusse or Eric wins, and Eric is WORSE on the count of being Eric Saade.

A-lister

Veteran
This melfest is BAD! of course i'm rooting for a bad song. (but i care more for the live performance usually, and the live of voices is legit very good, by this melfest's standards.)

Well that's not true. I'm rooting for Lidl Dot, but she won't win. Tusse or Eric wins, and Eric is WORSE on the count of being Eric Saade.

Well I can agree with you that this edition is really bad and ultimately one needs to root for the lesser evil, but Tusse's entry imho is just pure evil (some very generic bland dated "message" song that reminds me of Oscar Zia's "Human" for some reason... give me a break!), at least Eric's entry sounds like it tries to be somewhat modern and forward thinking (in the context of MF/ESC that is) and while his live vocals aren't very good (they never were), the live performance is really elaborated and impactful (where's Tusse's is just meh, like his song). For me the song is most important, and no good vocals can save a turd.

But yeah, Dotter is is also one of the few deserving ones this year (we can agree on that at least), but I'm afraid you're right and that she's already out of the game :(

BorisBubbles

Veteran
also, A-lister, I will drop my ranking on the first of March (like every year. Alaska better drop his too, or else. :cautious:), but I will also include a selection of my fave Melfest entries since 2010.

When I started following NFs closely back in 2013, Melfest legit was SUCH a wonderful thing to look forward to every year, and its current state of a living purgatory is a DAMN' shame, because many of the entries in it used to be so good and worthy :(

Mrm

Veteran
I'm almost sure The Mamas would win the jury in Rotterdam.. xshrug

A-lister

Veteran
I'm almost sure The Mamas would win the jury in Rotterdam.. xshrug
Wouldn't surprise me, I am not so sure the viewers will like it though...

don't get me wrong, I actually kinda enjoy their entry this time around, but I don't see it as particularly impactful and I don't see Europe voting for it xshrug

But anything over Tusse which is the worst thing that qualified to the final so far, even Arvingarna is better!!!

Mrm

Veteran
@A-lister

Do you like Slovenian entry? Maybe it can win jury in Rotterdam like Tamara Todevska in 2019? :lol:

I will do a review with all the MF songs this year in the coming days. I can say so far that this heat is the strongest, it might not say much but I'm sure the winner will be from this heat...

Top Bottom