Can you hear them
A million voices voices
Can you hear them
A million voices voices
Can you hear them
A million voices​

Last edited by a moderator:

Fluke

Okay, so the finalists were pretty expected to everyone here, and i really think The Mamas will represent Sweden again, as it was pretty much set from the beginning. The song didn't totally overwhelm me though. I felt like it had potential, but the melody kind of retreated as soon as it gained intensity, every phrase ended with a descent or too-long pause. Still, i think they can do very well in ESC with a bit of work on the performance, the gold glitter looks cheap and thoughtless, i'm sure they can come up with something more elegant and distinctive.

Eric Saade's song was kind of good, but it just ended before i hoped the real high point would come. I think it could have done decently representing Sweden, but it won't anyway.

Tess Merkel - told you all, there's a curse over wearing plastic clothes in MF. Sort of good performance, song was silly and lame. Still surprised she didn't make AC.

Efraim did nothing for me, in a tolerable way. This isn't his year, but it's nothing to be ashamed of. Clara Klingenström to AC was a surprise, if anything i'd expect Lovad or Sannex over her bland radio-filler-guitar-pop, but i guess people found her expressive and relatable, choosing her over the others who failed.

Lovad...typical NQ, could have been a P4 Nästa entry. Sannex was a total joke, i guess this came off as amateurish and missing its target unlike Arvingarna who went to the final with a similar act.

So, what will the final result be like? None of the AC entries really scream top 5, Alvaro Estrella and the Evas might find some niche votes and Efraim Leo or Paul Rey could do surprisingly well like Felix Sandman once made #2 in the final from AC, but they might as well all end up on the bottom. Lillasyster stands out enough that they could avoid the bottom, if they even make the final from AC.

Besides The Mamas, who i think will absolutely win, the top contenders in the final are Eric Saade, Danny, Anton Ewald (all sort of in the same genre), Tusse and Dotter, who isn't nearly as strong as last year. I'm gonna say Eric and Danny could be #2 and #3 as they have the strongest songs, and that seems to matter more in the final than the semis, but i'm not betting too much on it right now. Both Eric and Danny could make my ESC top 10 if they won though, but i'm hoping and betting on The Mamas of course!

Mrm

Veteran
I rank in the finals now:

1. The Mamas - "In the Middle" 10/10
2. Charlotte Perrelli - "Still Young" 10/10
3. Tusse - "Voices" 10/10
4. Dotter - "Little Tot" 6/10
5. Danny Saucedo - "Dandi dansa" 6/10
6. Anton Ewald - "New Religion" 6/10
7. Arvingarna - "Tänker inte alls gå hem" 2/10
8. Eric Saade - "Every Minute" 2/10

I rank in the AC now:

Eva Rydberg & Ewa Roos - "Rena rama ding dong" 10/10
Clara Klingenström - "Behöver inte dig idag" 9/10
Alvaro Estrella - "Baila Baila" 8/10
Paul Rey - "The Missing Piece" 8/10
Frida Green - "The Silence" 8/10
Efraim Leo - "Best of Me" 7/10
Klara Hammarström - "Beat of Broken Hearts" 6/10
Lillasyster - "Pretender" 4/10

Mainshow

Veteran
I think my favourite is Eric Saade now - He still can't sing but it was a great performance and I like the production value of the song.

Dotter & The Mamas would be good for Rotterdam as well. I hope that one of these three acts will win.

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
AC duels are finalized!

1: Alvaro vs. Lillasyster
2: Frida vs. Paul
3: Eva & Ewa vs. Clara
4: Klara vs. Efraim
This is why I detest the duel system. They put two of my favorites (Eva & Ewa vs Clara) together, so I won't be able to have both of them in the final. :mad: Just have all the songs perform and send the four songs with the most votes to the final, how hard can it be?!

theCONWEL

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
AC duels are finalized!

1: Alvaro vs. Lillasyster
2: Frida vs. Paul
3: Eva & Ewa vs. Clara
4: Klara vs. Efraim
god these duels are hideous :lol: all the four songs in duels 3 and 4 are better than 1 and 2 xgaah

Mainshow

Veteran
After listening to my Top 3 again, I think I would give Eric and Dotter a :8: and The Mamas are solid :7:
Usually, I have one, two or even three :12: in an edition of Melodifestivalen, though.

Mrm

Veteran
Gosh, I knew my two faves will be against each other E&E - Clara! :(

I want to the final from AC:

Eva Rydberg & Ewa Roos - "Rena rama ding dong" 10/10
Alvaro Estrella - "Baila Baila" 8/10
Frida Green - "The Silence" 8/10
Efraim Leo - "Best of Me" 7/10

FilipFromSweden

My top 10:

1. Dotter - Little Tot
2. Eric Saade - Every Minute
3. Eva & Ewa - Rena Rama Ding Dong
4. Frida Green - The Silence
5. Paul Rey - The Missing Piece
6. Tusse - Million Voices
7. The Mamas - In The Middle
8. Alvaro Estrella - Baila Baila
9. Efraim Leo - Best Of Me
10. Anton Ewald - New Religion

Realest

Another strong Semi with perfect Results. I can always count on :se: xheart

FilipFromSweden

SVT said Eva & Ewa condragulations

alca

Tess!! xcryxcryxcry

When I saw Tess and The Mamas being the last two, half of my heart was like "OMG did Tess actually pull a DTF?! xyaaay" and the other half was "oh no, the Mamas are out?! xshock". And at the same time I knew it was The Mamas who'd make it and I was SAD for Tess. She was fierce people! LOVE the song! What on earth is wrong with this nation?

The Mamas to Rotterdam! Like, YESTERDAY! xmad

FilipFromSweden

I don't think The Mamas stand a chance: Dotter, Tusse and Eric Saade's entries are all wet dreams for a jury member

hijirio

Veteran
SHE'S ON YOUTUBE!

STREAM STREAM STREAM STREAM 1 MILLION IN 24 HOURS WE CAN DO IT xheat xheat xheat

simonPL

I am surprised but The Mamas aren't that good imo. Their performance is a little tacky and cheap. Nothing special, just okayish.

I like Dotter. "Bulletproof" is a song that I still listen to and "Little Tot" performance is just wow. That girl has a full package - voice and staging. She seems to be very nice btw, I am rooting for her.

I didn't know that Eric Saade has so weak voice, but whole performance is amazing and with backing vocals he can handle it (or is it allowed to put pre-recorded back vocals on Eurovision? I've heard that rumor, maybe it is true? It could help him a lot, but I think this is not okay for the contest...).

So Dotter for me, pretty please.
If not Dotter, please send Eric.
And there is a special place in my heart for Eva & Eva. xlove

A-lister

Veteran
So here's my review on Semi 4:

- Firstly I am quite upset (but not surprised) by the fact that SVT squeezed pretty much the best songs of MF'21 into the last semi thus unfairly having better entries being kicked out and worse ones from the previous semis making it to the final and of course they also squeezed the best Swedish language entries into the same semi, very unfortunate but predictable since they really don't want Swedish language to succeed....
+ The hosting was pretty fun this week, probably best show so far

My ranking of semi 4:

1. Lovad - Allting är precis likadant : As far as song goes, this was probably the best of MF'21 so I am sad to see it out. Why the MF team had to give it the dreaded 2nd spot I dunno but not surprised. I didn't expect it to qualify, but it's one of the few rare moments when we get a competent Swedish language entry that doesn't feel dated or like a joke act. But please Lova, you're a young girl don't need to make your face plastic like that, you actually look older than Tess!

2. Clara Klingenström - Behöver inte dig idag : Just as with Lovad's entry it's nice to see an actual competent and fairly up-to-date Swedish language entry in the line-up and I am happy for Clara that she made it to the second chance, however the whole stage show just screams amateur and that truly brings down the general impression, but the song is pretty nice I just don't like the presentation of it at all.

3. Eric Saade - Every Moment : Wow, a Pop song that actually feels modern in MF!? I am not a big fan of Eric's nasal singing voice, but the guy has charisma and stage presence and this was probably the best stage show in all of MF'21 (but why dressed as a golfer!?). I like that this is a bit darker Pop song compared to what Eric brought before, it feels more grown up for sure, not as catchy as Popular but for sure better than his other two attempts in the contest. Out of the entries that I think stands a chance winning MF'21, regardless of my personal taste, this one is the best we have.

4. The Mamas - In the Middle : I wasn't a fan of Move, but this is much better imo and I can honestly say I kinda liked this song and I wouldn't be mad if The Mamas win with this song, although I feel the song is less direct so we'll have to see what happens in the final. I constantly said that The Mamas will win regardless of entry this year, but the media is overhyping the Tusse crap entry so I'm worried.

5. Tess Merkel - Good Life : Meh... it wasn't bad, surely better than the majority of entries in MF'21 so it was unlucky to be in the strongest semi, but it wasn't particularly impactful, the hook was not memorable and generally generic. The entry got what it deserved I think.

6. Efraim Leo - Best of Me : The tween girls managed to do it again! To vote a "cute boy" in front of more deserving entries. What is this even? High School Music? Sounds like mid 00's Disney Pop. This was a completely underserved qualification to AC.

7. Sannex - All Inclusive : For some reasons I thought I was going to like this, but it's just pure crap and that's all I have to say about it.

If I combine songs, with stage shows, with chances of winning MF, and chances in ESC, then it's Eric Saade or Dotter for me. Please no Tusse, it is a really bland song which WILL flop in ESC if chosen!!!!

I still think that Paul Rey might have the best overall song of MF'21 , but I already count him out from chances of winning this.

Last edited:
Top Bottom