22 5.1%

9 2.1%

9 2.1%

18 4.1%

21 4.8%

103 23.7%

• Total voters

FallenAngelII

Count me in too. I have already expressed my dissatisfaction with this piece of pop vapidity at its worst. Add Saade's twatness of the highest degree and my unhappiness at the final result is immense. But it was expected in a away - the all-powerful prepubescent girl/gay vote should never be underestimated.
Don't insult gay men. Eric Saade was not last night's gay vote. At least I know of very few gay men who even liked his entry or him. I believe "Lipstick" to have been last night's gay vote. Campy to he max and the boys are much better looking than Saade with their hair down.

inak

Don't insult gay men. Eric Saade was not last night's gay vote. At least I know of very few gay men who even liked his entry or him. I believe "Lipstick" to have been last night's gay vote. Campy to he max and the boys are much better looking than Saade with their hair down.

I am a gay man. The power of the gay vote is an indisputable fact in Eurovision. Jedward were more ridiculous than campy (and surprisingly good IMHO), and judging by all the forum and real-life conversations I've had the gayz voted massively for Saade and the Backing Dancers. I am speaking from my personal experience of course but I do consider it quite telling that the cutest boy on the night who cannot sing to save his life came in third. Had he lost the jacket somewhere in the midst of the performance and gone on prancing around in that military tank top I have no doubts he would have won.

vaxjoe

Congratulations sweden, Popular is my favourite song this year, but eric had a problem with his sound it seems as he did much better at the semi...

FallenAngelII

I am a gay man. The power of the gay vote is an indisputable fact in Eurovision. Jedward were more ridiculous than campy (and surprisingly good IMHO), and judging by all the forum and real-life conversations I've had the gayz voted massively for Saade and the Backing Dancers. I am speaking from my personal experience of course but I do consider it quite telling that the cutest boy on the night who cannot sing to save his life came in third. Had he lost the jacket somewhere in the midst of the performance and gone on prancing around in that military tank top I have no doubts he would have won.
Maybe he was the U.K.'s gay vote. But it was not the pan-European gay vote. At least I certainly hope he wasn't. And since when are gay men known to vote only for the cutest male singer? That's like saying women only vote for the cutest male singer and that men only go for sexy women.

Congratulations sweden, Popular is my favourite song this year, but eric had a problem with his sound it seems as he did much better at the semi...
No. Saade is just a bad singer who had a good night in the semi-final.

inak

Maybe he was the U.K.'s gay vote. But it was not the pan-European gay vote. At least I certainly hope he wasn't. And since when are gay men known to vote only for the cutest male singer? That's like saying women only vote for the cutest male singer and that men only go for sexy women.

Without generalisation we have nothing left to talk about - you can say that all is random/down to individual preferences but that kills all speculation. Where's fun in that? Again, from personal experience, gay men do indeed tend to vote for the cutest one.

Earthland

After Eric kissed one of his dancers in front of the Swedish television, it may be true that he got many "gay"votes.

I myself once thought to vote for him just because he was so damned good-looking :oops: , but honestly, he didn't look good at all on the stage. He was just a frightened boy there. And everything else about this entry sucked anyway.

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
congrats to Sweden. Bronze is an amazing accomplishment I just wish it would have been with a better song and I'm afraid that MF will be full of "popular" like songs next year. People liked the song and I respect that but the song for me personally belongs at the bottom. What a crazy year it was when it comes to the voting!

aletem

No, I agree with you Scooby 3rd was a bit too high for this song.
I think you should be happy with your result! Europe loved it and voted for it! :)

JRS

Sweden:se: certainly had one of the best shows and dancers of the whole contest, that is for sure:cool:
It is a pity though that the song itself was so average, with not so good lyrics.
(Not my personally favorite at all, sorry..)
I felt also that the show, mostly the dance, was not captured well enough by the cameras..plus the background was bit too flashy.
Eric sang well enough, though he wont win any "Best vocals" awards with that performance.

Congrats for doing so well Sweden!:cool:

Milos-BC

This was terribly overrated. It's a too high result for a song that was mostly sung by back vocals in the end. But congratulations on a high result.

Nike

Loool, Saade get the best placement for Sweden since 1999 and people are still bashing him. You are so immature. Some people are just lame!! Sweden get the 3rd place so get over it.

Congrats to Kempe. He finally get some success.

FallenAngelII

Loool, Saade get the best placement for Sweden since 1999 and people are still bashing him. You are so immature. Some people are just lame!! Sweden get the 3rd place so get over it.

Congrats to Kempe. He finally get some success.
We have a right to hate his entry no matter what place it got. The majority is not always right.

Joyride

We have a right to hate his entry no matter what place it got. The majority is not always right.

Don't worry; I don't like Lena, but I am 'not allowed' to write that officially on German forums, otherwise all ppl get mad at me and are angry that I am not happy for Germany, that I am an envious hater and so on. Get used to it! ;)

Apart from that, I like Eric *lol*, at least his song! But if he's clever he won't participate a second time... just look what happened to Lena! ;)

Top Bottom