Contact us

SVERIGE - Sweden 2010 - Anna Bergendahl - This Is My Life

how do you rate the entry?

• Total voters

alca

FallenAngelII said:
* Salem al Fakir - Keep on Walking (I believe this would've been a jury favourite for Top 5 at least)
* Timoteij - Kom (though they needed to work on some of their vocals, especially during the refrain) - If they beefed up the life performance (not just vocally but also visually) a bit, I believe this would've been definite Top 5 material.
OK so my no1 Timoteij and my no3 Salem were your favourites. :)
About Timoteij I agree that they needed to improve their vocals. In their semi they sounded pretty bad but the song is amazing and that's what we needed in ESC!
And about Salem. Well I liked his song since day one but I had a little problem with his voice. It was a bit annoying to me but I got used to it.

Norrbotten

The thing about Timoteij's song is, that it sounds terrible for a Swede and the lyrics suck.

Though it doesn't matter if you can't understand anything of it.

Milos-BC

She just missed out as I guessed :( Too bad, this was a better entry than 2008 and 2009.

And indeed, like I said many times before, either Eric Saade or Timoteij or Salem would've done better.

Well better luck next year :cool:

Margerita86

Norrbotten said:
The thing about Timoteij's song is, that it sounds terrible for a Swede and the lyrics suck.

Ah, but if Timoteij had won the song would most likely never had stayed in swedish, it would have been performed in english in the semi's.

alca

Norrbotten said:

I am not swedish but I understand swedish. Personally I don't find the lyrics silly. It's a quite cheerful song! :D

Margerita86 said:
Ah, but if Timoteij had won the song would most likely never had stayed in swedish, it would have been performed in english in the semi's.
Yeah I hate it when you do this! Especially Carola's "Invincible" was much better in swedish! But on the other hand I understand why you send your songs in english. I think you should try it once and send a song entirely in swedish (the best one would be this year's "Kom" ;) ). It worked for us! ;) :)

Margerita86

alca said:
Norrbotten said:

I am not swedish but I understand swedish. Personally I don't find the lyrics silly. It's a quite cheerful song! :D

Margerita86 said:
Yeah I hate it when you do this! Especially Carola's "Invincible" was much better in swedish! But on the other hand I understand why you send your songs in english. I think you should try it once and send a song entirely in swedish (the best one would be this year's "Kom" ;) ). It worked for us! ;) :)
Even if the song is in swedish when it wins I feel like they are cheating those who voted for it if they change it into english. If they wanted it to go to eurovision in english send in the english version, besides most of the time the english version is worse than the original... ;)

alca

Margerita86 said:
If they wanted it to go to eurovision in english send in the english version, besides most of the time the english version is worse than the original... ;)
That's what I think as well! ;) :)

Norrbotten

alca said:

Don't forget It Hurts, det gör ont, terrible, terrible version in English. Same with Spirits are calling my name/vindarna viskar mitt namn.

What is this bit supposed to mean?
"Allt man skjuter upp till sen, Vem vet när vi ses igen.
För hösten knappar in, det går så väldigt fort.
Så lägg din hand i min, så vi får nånting gjort."

What I can deduce, the song is about the girl's wish to have sex. Lovely.

alca

Norrbotten said:
Don't forget It Hurts, det gör ont, terrible, terrible version in English. Same with Spirits are calling my name/vindarna viskar mitt namn.
I don't like listening to the english versions of any of these two. The swedish versions are so great!

Margerita86

alca said:
Norrbotten said:
I don't like listening to the english versions of any of these two. The swedish versions are so great!
I agree and I think it is sad that we haven't sung in our native language since the language rule went away despite songs in swedish having actually won.

Milos-BC

I agree.

Imagine if Timoteij won this year, the song would've lost all its charm in english.

Norrbotten

Margerita86 said:
alca said:
Norrbotten said:
I agree and I think it is sad that we haven't sung in our native language since the language rule went away despite songs in swedish having actually won.

The reprise of Take me to your Heaven in 1999 was the last time. :(

Margerita86

Margerita86 said:
alca said:
Norrbotten said:

The reprise of Take me to your Heaven in 1999 was the last time. :(
Ah, but I don't want just a small part of a reprise but an entire song.

Besides judging from the interest europe has gotten in Eric Saade just from him presenting our votes at the final he could very possibly have done better than Anna this year.

alca

And it wasn't entirely sung in swedish. Charlotte sang only the last 30 seconds of the song in swedish. :(
And I love the way that Eurovision ended. All the artists got on stage and celebrated all together! What a beautiful moment! I haven't watched the ESC 1999 though. I need to find it somewhere.

[youtube:sqh3eypy]1jbqp_OG6sE[/youtube:sqh3eypy]

satellite2010

I think there should be a rule in the swedish MF that says that you can not change the lanuage on the winning song. Otherwhise how are we supposed to know what song we actually send to the ESC :?

Margerita86

satellite2010 said:
I think there should be a rule in the swedish MF that says that you can not change the lanuage on the winning song. Otherwhise how are we supposed to know what song we actually send to the ESC :?
Oh whole heartedly agree, like I mentioned earlier it irritates me a great deal when people win MF with a song in swedish and then change it into english in eurovision.

They should add that rule and remove that riddiculous rule about pre-reckorded backing vocals being allowed, now 8 people on stage is fine though.

satellite2010

Margerita86 said:
satellite2010 said:
Oh whole heartedly agree, like I mentioned earlier it irritates me a great deal when people win MF with a song in swedish and then change it into english in eurovision.

They should add that rule and remove that riddiculous rule about pre-reckorded backing vocals being allowed, now 8 people on stage is fine though.

I abolutely agree on the prereckorded vocals as well. Last year with Marlana Ernman it sounded very different in the ESC. And not for the better.

Margerita86

Actually I though Malena sounded good in eurovision too, in the semi the volume of the backing vocals was not correctly adjusted though.

alca

Well the same happened this year too! With Anna. She had prerecorded backing vocals in MF and in Eurovision sounded kinda bad... :?

Top Bottom