Contact us

Split jury-televote results revealed!

AdelAdel

I really don't understand Denmark's position in this. It was a generic radio-type song. If it was a regular song, it probably would've been number one in the charts.

CypriotGirl

Veteran
I was right about Romania & Greece being in top 10 of televoting and very low on juries. I can understand it about Greece, but Romania? Why? So unfair.

I was kinda shocked to see Cyprus higher in juries than in televoting, but I was prepared for it because from the results that were leaked, Cyprus was doing better in juries.

Thanks to juries for placing so low the absolute craps of Ireland, Turkey and Norway, but they couldn't do anything else for that crap of Turkey because it was 4th in televoting...

The biggest shock was France with 0 points in televoting! And Georgia being 8th in the juries in the SF? Seriously? What about Ukraine being jury's favorite? 3rd in juries & 17th in televoting?

Also, UK last in juries? :eek:

And Iceland not being in top 10 of juries in the SF, and qualifying with the votes of televoting!

Too bad for the Netherlands and Switzerland, being 10th in televoting and robbed by the juries! So unfair for these two countries... :(

blein

Maat , disagree? It was my opinion. I loved the moment when 4 boys were running in circle and singing i am gonna get you.

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
Maat , disagree? It was my opinion. I loved the moment when 4 boys were running in circle and singing i am gonna get you.

No, I mean I didn't like that song but I guess we have a different interpretation of the choreography but I must say that made me laugh :D

FilipFromSweden

So what if it was gay? Because you know. Eurovision is soooo straight only ;)

Terence

My long-lasting reaction to all this is... how is Russia so high with juries???

A-lister

Veteran
My long-lasting reaction to all this is... how is Russia so high with juries???

Well, I always called the juries 'grandmas', so it would be weird not to vote for your own kind right? :lol:

Anyways, I don't get the hate for the Russian entry. It's gimmicky yes, but not at all dreadful. It's a cute little gem, mix of folk and Verka Serduchka disco :lol:

Honestly though, I'm also surprised that they juries didn't put them even lower. Juries seem to be some really bitter party-killers, but somehow they enjoyed the grannies' party :mrgreen:

CC92

Why am I complaining about juries? Because they are supposed to be the "experts" and since these small groups have equal power as million voters, I think we should expect some "expertise" then and not top. 10's for such obvious craps as Georgia. If they are going to have so much say, I think it's my democratic right to speak up when I think they acted wrongly then.

I mean aren't the juries put here for the reason to have some sort of musical knowledge?

Agree, the good will for the jury is a big mystery to me. Televoters and the jury are not two equal sides: In fact, the former represents the opinion of millions (or of the continent you could say) whilst the latter is just the thinking of 200 (in semis 100) people which officially are deployed to add a professional view to the results. So if overall both know the same about 'quality'/musical standards or at least act the same (and obviously juries do not even out diaspora dis-/advantages in general), why should one give a small group so much power? I find this very abnormal and un-democratic. Honestly I am a bit sad so many support this authoritarian system or do not care as long as their favourites are not hurt too much.

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
Agree, the good will for the jury is a big mystery to me. Televoters and the jury are not two equal sides: In fact, the former represents the opinion of millions (or of the continent you could say) whilst the latter is just the thinking of 200 (in semis 100) people which officially are deployed to add a professional view to the results. So if overall both know the same about 'quality'/musical standards or at least act the same (and obviously juries do not even out diaspora dis-/advantages in general), why should one give a small group so much power? I find this very abnormal and un-democratic. Honestly I am a bit sad so many support this authoritarian system or do not care as long as their favourites are not hurt too much.

It has nothing to do with the favorites, my favorite this year were the Netherlands and we all know what happened to them by now.
I disagree with the Statement of yours in regards to both groups having the same expertise. I'm not downplaying the televoters music taste but viewers do not analyze the music the way professionals do. I understand that you don't agree with some of their decisions but as I pointed out before, we're comparing apples to oranges. The 100% televote did not work out in the past (at least according to the vast majority) and not counting some online fans here and there, the system is rather popular so I don't believe it's going to change anytime soon.

busybee

Well, seeing how the juries voted, I don't know what's the point in having them. Back in 2008, everyone (well, western fans mostly) screamed that juries are needed to stop the neighbour voting and the diaspora voting and look how unfortunate western countries are and they can never do well with televoting because everyone votes for his neighbour etc etc etc. And here we are, 4 years later, a western country having won the televoting in 2010, same western country (Germany) doing better with televoting than with juries, same happened last year (with the Uk), Netherlands is out of the final because of the juries, and Ukraine (one of the countries with the most neighbours) does way better with them than in televoting.
Well, excuse me, but what would be the difference if we only had televoting? That Greece would be 9th and Turkey 4th? Or is it because of France, Italy and Spain? Well, if people liked their songs, they would have voted for them (like they do for Germany or for the Uk last year).
I wonder when will people understand that televoting (with whatever neighbour and diaspora issues it has), is the most fair way of voting. 4th year now and the winner is the same winner as televote. The whole top 3 is exactly the same as televote. 7/10 countries are the same in televote/combined vote.
I wonder how long it will take the big 5 to realise that juries have offered a big nothing to the competition.

rajo

That Greece would be 9th and Turkey 4th?

Yeah, Greece (and Turkey)! Jury Voting is basically your fault because you always come up with songs hardly anyone likes and you are still Top 10.

With juries we could have had a different and worthy winner in the close 2005 and 2008 races.

WorldSong

I wonder why the televote had Spain as low as they where, while the jury had them so high. I thought the Spanish entry would appeal to everybody

daniels1000

I wonder why the televote had Spain as low as they where, while the jury had them so high. I thought the Spanish entry would appeal to everybody

I thought that for Italy ( and for Spain,but less ) . I thought that Italy will be placed around 8th place in jury and televoting.

Terence

Well, I always called the juries 'grandmas', so it would be weird not to vote for your own kind right? :lol:

Anyways, I don't get the hate for the Russian entry. It's gimmicky yes, but not at all dreadful. It's a cute little gem, mix of folk and Verka Serduchka disco :lol:

I didn't mind the Russian entry either, but it goes to show that every now & then juries can bat one eye to notes flying everywhere!! Even they found the grannies' charm irresistible (or maybe they were closer to the grannies' age, like you pointed out) :lol:

FilipFromSweden

I have always wanted jurys out of eurovision, they only support crappy songs and makes thing worse for countrys that deserved better.

FilipFromSweden

Everyone is like: Uh how could jury place Russia 8th?
You know, jury is people to. And those grannys are adorable and i you can't stop smiling when you see them ;)

WorldSong

I thought that for Italy ( and for Spain,but less ) . I thought that Italy will be placed around 8th place in jury and televoting.

Agreed. It seems that Italy and Spain followed the same fate, they did badly in the televote and well in the jury vote. One more reason for me to favour the jury over the televote. The televoting this year I completley disagree with. France 0 points? They where not good, but surely not 0 points?

Terence

I have always wanted jurys out of eurovision, they only support crappy songs and makes thing worse for countrys that deserved better.

They pushed Estonia, Spain and Italy in the top 10 instead of Greece & Ireland so I'm happy.

Top Bottom