Contact us

Split jury-televote results revealed!

FilipFromSweden

La La La La Love

CC92

The 100% televote did not work out in the past (at least according to the vast majority) and not counting some online fans here and there, the system is rather popular so I don't believe it's going to change anytime soon.

I do not think it so much the system and the changes it brought which are popular compared to the last years of televoting but rather the fact that recently the 'right' countries rocked the scoreboards. It is beyond me why the general public should want the songs they voted for to be degraded. If there was, however, broader public support for the 'jury' involvement mainly in certain countries this would be probably owing to biased reporting in the media implying that else Western contestants would not stand a fair chance or generally would fare a lot worse. My opinion is clear: reveal both votes during the live show (as done in most NFs, btw) and then we shall see how people will react to them. This being said, I am not so naive thinking the EBU would not do this because it has not occurred to them yet or that they just did not find time sooner so I do not expect it to happen in the near future either. I can reveal though that I have lost interest since then and seriously consider stop following the event.
And a concluding remark: When some countries are not allowed to lose right from the start it is not a contest anyway.

Top Bottom