Pa’ romper cadera’, romper corazones
Solo existe una
No hay imitaciones (Na, na)
Y si aún no me crees, pues me toca mostrárselo

Take a video
Watch it slo mo, mo, mo, mo, mo
Booty hypnotic
Make you want more, more, morе, more, more
Voy a bajarlo hasta el suеlo, lo, lo, lo, lo (Yeah)
If you wish, you could do this dembow (Do this dembow)
Drives you loco (Yeah)
Take a video, watch it slo mo

Te gusta todo lo que tengo
Te endulzo la cara en jugo de mango
Se te dispara cuando la prendo
Hasta el final, yo no me detengo
Take a sip of my cola-la
Un poco salvaje na-na-na
Make it go like pa-pa-pa-pa
Like pa-pa-pa-pa-pa

Y no se confundan (Y no se confundan)
Señora’ y señore’
Yo siempre ‘toy ready (Yo siempre estoy ready)
Pa’ romper cadera’, romper corazone’
Solo existe una (Solo existe una)
No hay imitaciones (Na, na, na)
Y si aún no me crees, pues me toca mostrárselo (Oye)

Take a video
Booty hypnotic
Make you want more, more, more, more, more
Voy a bajarlo hasta el suelo, lo, lo, lo, lo
Drives you loco (Yeah)
Take a video
Booty hypnotic
Drives you loco (Yeah)

Y no se confundan (Y no se confundan)
Señora’ y señore’
Yo siempre ‘toy ready (Yo siempre estoy ready)
Pa’ romper cadera’, romper corazones
Solo existe una (Solo existe una)
No hay imitaciones (Na, na, na)
Y si aún no me crees, pues me toca mostrárselo (Oye)

Take a video
Booty hypnotic
If you wish, you could do this dembow (Haz el dembow)
Drives you loco (Yeah)

Take a video
Watch it slo mo​

Last edited by a moderator:

Jonkonfui

No, not jury material.
What is jury material? Netta's Toy ended up 3rd for juries. Was Toy 'jury material'? This 'jury material' shit is what people who want to think of themselves as Eurovision experts would say but in reality juries vote for whatever. There is no such thing as 'jury material'. There is no specific kind of music/song that the juries vote for.

Zeus

What is jury material? Netta's Toy ended up 3rd for juries. Was Toy 'jury material'? This 'jury material' shit is what people who want to think of themselves as Eurovision experts would say but in reality juries vote for whatever. There is no such thing as 'jury material'. There is no specific kind of music/song that the juries vote for.
Toy was still a good vocal performance. And I would say that the song was more polished than Slomo.

I don't think a dance routine with 'booty hypnotic' in the lyrics will become top 10 with the juries. There are also better vocal performances and more emotional and/or deeper songs.

Zeus

Fuego pops in to wave hello.
Yeah I will never understand that. But then again, juries are still some wacky popsingers, pop-producers and radio-DJ's as well.

But I think in that year it played a role that there weren't really a lot of jury-friendly songs. Not much ballads with great vocal performances for example. Altough they really did La Forza dirty.

Ezio

Veteran
Fuego was jury material and SloMo won Benidorm thanks to juries.

I think a drowzy ballad with zero staging shouldn't automatically be considered jury material.

spinachpie

Yeah I will never understand that. But then again, juries are still some wacky popsingers, pop-producers and radio-DJ's as well.

But I think in that year it played a role that there weren't really a lot of jury-friendly songs. Not much ballads with great vocal performances for example. Altough they really did La Forza dirty.

Pretty easy really. The singer elevated a basic pop song to a new level with great stage presence, and dancing, whilst singing pretty well with all that movement.

Slomo is similar in that it's a decent song, but without Chanel, it would not be anywhere near the top of the odds.

Zeus

Pretty easy really. The singer elevated a basic pop song to a new level with great stage presence, and dancing, whilst singing pretty well with all that movement.

Slomo is similar in that it's a decent song, but without Chanel, it would not be anywhere near the top of the odds.
Hm, I guess we just see things differently. It's a song contest, so you would think a jury would rather go for more creative and sophisticated songs. I wouldn't call Slomo a "decent song" either. But I know I don't really blend in with the ESC Community, nothing wrong with it at least from my point of view.

Jonkonfui

Toy was still a good vocal performance. And I would say that the song was more polished than Slomo.

I don't think a dance routine with 'booty hypnotic' in the lyrics will become top 10 with the juries. There are also better vocal performances and more emotional and/or deeper songs.
And juries vote for emotional and deep songs??? Netta come back here girl... Upacachumbaupahachum bum bum my pikachu whatever... 3rd for those juries that care soooo much for depth and emotion.
Summarising - you dont have any idea about what juries vote or dont vote but instead of saying 'i think/dont think' you come here as the great expert and assert 'no jury material' as if there was such a thing as jury material.
But being Dutch if you are tall you are forgiven... Is that flag The Netherlands or France?

Zeus

I just said in that quote why I think Netta scored good with the juries as well. We will see, I don't think the juries will really rank Slomo that high, but maybe I just expect too much from them.

And yeah, I'm tall. That flag is from Kosovo, so you can meet me there! See ya!

goncalovieira

Hum, I love Chanel and "Slomo", but come on, do you believe that juries will put this in the top 5?
It would be amazing to see Spain winning, but still.
Let's not exaggerate. Reaching the top 5, in general, would be an amazing mark!

Ianp16

I really think this will go high in the odds after tomorrow's rehearsal. It would be a good time to place an each way bet (I think Ukraine have the win in the bag).

I'm really excited for this performance and it's so needed this year, against mostly slower songs. Chanel is so charismatic and I pray the juries give it good points, as well as televoters.

Yep, I'm convinced Ukraine are winning. I think that's why I'm not as invested in the show this year and am just looking forward to the performances. They will win by a landslide.

I hope Spain are top 5 for the dance break alone.

Grinch

Juries vote for vocals and total performance. Not genres. Netta's vocals SLAYED and everything went according to plan. Toy was a total package.

Ezio

Veteran

VikingTiger

This year there are lots of potential "jury-bait"; slower songs with good vocals that we often see the juries rewarding more than the televoters: Greece, Australia, the Netherlands, Italy, Azerbaijan, Sweden. I think most members of the juries will make room for some uptempo entries in their top 10. I do think Spain brings a whole package. SloMo may not be the best latin-flavoured song in 2022 (not talking only about the ESC), but Chanel IS doing a great job on stage. And, surprisingly enough, so does TVE with the staging. I think also the juries will reward the artist Chanel, even though this is a song contest.
So I still see Spain as a potential winner.
I am expecting huge disagreements between the juries and the televoters this year. But if Ukraine gets a top 5 with the juries - it's theirs to take.

Ezio

Veteran
Things are looking better and better for Chanel :love:

Fluke

Considering juries hated Albania and Latvia, i'm sure this isn't gonna do super well with them this year either. I think we can almost count this out as a possible winner for that reason, it's gonna be between two countries that begin with Uk...

Top Bottom