Pa’ romper cadera’, romper corazones
Solo existe una
No hay imitaciones (Na, na)
Y si aún no me crees, pues me toca mostrárselo

Take a video
Watch it slo mo, mo, mo, mo, mo
Booty hypnotic
Make you want more, more, morе, more, more
Voy a bajarlo hasta el suеlo, lo, lo, lo, lo (Yeah)
If you wish, you could do this dembow (Do this dembow)
Drives you loco (Yeah)
Take a video, watch it slo mo

Te gusta todo lo que tengo
Te endulzo la cara en jugo de mango
Se te dispara cuando la prendo
Hasta el final, yo no me detengo
Take a sip of my cola-la
Un poco salvaje na-na-na
Make it go like pa-pa-pa-pa
Like pa-pa-pa-pa-pa

Y no se confundan (Y no se confundan)
Señora’ y señore’
Yo siempre ‘toy ready (Yo siempre estoy ready)
Pa’ romper cadera’, romper corazone’
Solo existe una (Solo existe una)
No hay imitaciones (Na, na, na)
Y si aún no me crees, pues me toca mostrárselo (Oye)

Take a video
Booty hypnotic
Make you want more, more, more, more, more
Voy a bajarlo hasta el suelo, lo, lo, lo, lo
Drives you loco (Yeah)
Take a video
Booty hypnotic
Drives you loco (Yeah)

Y no se confundan (Y no se confundan)
Señora’ y señore’
Yo siempre ‘toy ready (Yo siempre estoy ready)
Pa’ romper cadera’, romper corazones
Solo existe una (Solo existe una)
No hay imitaciones (Na, na, na)
Y si aún no me crees, pues me toca mostrárselo (Oye)

Take a video
Booty hypnotic
If you wish, you could do this dembow (Haz el dembow)
Drives you loco (Yeah)

Take a video
Watch it slo mo​

Last edited by a moderator:
True, there were more impressive songs than "SloMo" but I think that, for being the first product of the Benidorm Festival, the level is very good. Spain's strategy is not wrong. This is a song that mixes Spanish culture with the famous ESC catchy sound and diva performance. Its strength, however, is also its weakness. We have already been strongly accustomed from Cyprus, Azerbaijan and other countries to this diva style full of seduction and dancers and, in many cases, borrowing Spanish words and sounds. What to say? Quality rating 8. I only listened to songs from Bulgaria and Israel, at the moment it is in my first place.

VikingTiger

So, It's been a while since Spain chose their representative for Torino. But I am still having my daily dosis of Chanel and her SloMo: both while watching the performance, and while only listening to the song. I am still mesmerized by Chanel's live performance. Stunning! It's true that we have had other acts like this in the ESC, but I cant think of a single contestant that could to the dance routines and at the same time keeping the vocals steady. Eleni did a GREAT job with Fuego. But I would claim that Chanel is a tad ahead of her.
I guess I also have to take into account that latin music like this is heavily influencing my playlists. Because this sounds and looks much more like an act coming from Latin America than from Spain. No offence Spain...

Luneaux

As a pop dance song, it’s okay but nothing really outstanding, it hasn’t gone to never-seen-heard-before ESC catalogue in my opinion, however I like that what I saw in the first time when I heard SloMo that Chanel has charm and energy on that stage and really believes what she is doing. It’s always admirable to see self-confidence in artists, no matter, if you like the song itself, or not.

Later I was glad to find out that one of my all-time favorite dance choreographers, Kyle Hanagami did her dance choreography to this performance. No wonder it looked so professional! :love:

As for Benidorm Fest I liked Eco, Terra and Secreto de agua this year. SloMo wasn’t a wrong choice, I think Chanel will bring Spain to the left side of scoreboard this year. :D

You know what people? I am possessed by this Dina Mumbara song... It is in my head all day long. Corri corri, pichilori pichilori.

Hahahha.

Then for you only, another queen, should have been at the ESC 2006, but oh well...the Balkans hahahah

joao

Super Moderator
Staff member
That would be karma working against all the haters that have harassed her these days.
That IS going to be epic in May. She’s a contender to win.

I get that a lot of fans were angry because of the voting system but it is what it is and there’s no need to harass her or treat her poorly.

There’s no voting system that is 100% fair. In Portugal we do have the jury and honestly if it wasn’t for them we would never have won eurovision, because Salvador came in 2nd with the televote.

If TVE doesn’t screw things up with the staging this is going to be Spain’s best result in the last 20 years.

Ezio

Veteran
Austrian broadcaster ORF.at reports that "Ay mama" would have been the braver choice, and that SloMo is riding the Fuego wave.

The Spanish Benidorm Festival also proved once again that the preselection often fails songs whose originality would really bring a breath of fresh air to the song contest stage - and that the national decision-makers then often lack the last bit of courage. In Spain, for example, Rigoberta Bandini took second place – with a feminist statement against prudery and breast phobia. Really.

Ausesken

Austrian broadcaster ORF.at reports that "Ay mama" would have been the braver choice, and that SloMo is riding the Fuego wave.

The problem with Ay mamá is that Venezuela's friends Podemos made it 'theirs', using it to justify their ideological agenda. Had it won, it would have been the most politicised Spanish entry in years and there would have been even more drama.

Jonkonfui

Braver choice?? We dont wanna be brave, we want to end up top 10 or top 5, is top3 dreaming too much??.
And why is brave a song about tits? Well yes it is brave but bad brave, cheap brave.
I hope countries are normal instead of this kind of sad nonsensical 'brave'... Wow Spain is brave a woman is singing something about tits.
I think people and broadcasters are in a process of stupidification. Nowadays it is all about speeches, messages and crap. Commitment no thanks that is too much to ask for. Who needs commitment when we can sing about tits???

Ezio

Veteran

Jonkonfui

Chanel number 1 but I hope one day Spanish Eurofans are brave enough to send a song like Secreto de Agua or Alicia Nurho Under the light.

toinou03

Por fin TVE let away the lame divas and Viva la fiesta for some Rosalia we all want.
Great ! Hope to see Spain in the top !

ArmpitOfEurope

I award SloMo with a solid :8:.
Ok song, flawless performance, unfortunately doesnt feel fresh at all, this is 4-5 years late.
Predict a 13-20 finish for Spain this year ( escaping bottom 5 is progress )

Ay Mama would be a :12: for me, but SloMo is a safer choice for Eurovision no doubt.

Last edited:

harey

The amount of hate Chanel received is absolutely awful but SOME Chanel stans should really stop acting like they do to whoever don't like the song and tell it respectfully or just put it at the bottom of their top.

It's unbelievable that few times ago they were rightfully pointing out some mean comments but now some of them are acting the same? Sometimes eurovision fans are so toxic.

(Not talking about here.)

Top Bottom