A tu lado aunque nos tiemble el suelo
Se apague el sol, se caiga el cielo
A tan solo unos centímetros los dos

Y dejar atrás el miedo
Con ti alma entre mis dedos quédate
Porque yo voy a quedarme​

Last edited by a moderator:

MAD20

Why on Earth the song is not yet in the Eurovision channel? Okay we're bringing a good singer with a bad song, at least it would've been nice a little promotion. I guess it's as the cypriot case a matter of copyright, but come on RTVE, do at least ONE single thing well, I'm not asking for that much.

Lenny1993

I love this so much. Why is there always such hate from people outside of Spain? Spanish fans are overexcited and the international fans are mostly disappointed - why is that? I think Blas has a wonderful and emotional song - it's way better than "Universo" in my opinion. Will it be a top 10 finish? No. Will Spain be more successful than previous years? I think so.
I have been listening to this since the beginning and I will do that in the following months as well :D

MAD20

We Spanish fans are dissapointed as well, because we know Blas' vocal capabilities and charisma and these songs were truly a letdown. So as last year. I recommend you all to listen to some of his songs, like 'El no soy yo' or 'In your bed' and just judge the huge difference. Well, it's true he's not gone through an easy year, but I kinda expected a strong ballad as the first one I mentioned above, not the one it's going to represent us which is going to keep us once again in *sighs* the bottom 5.

The issue is that artists representing Spain are always puppets of RTVE (quote from Soraya, our representative in 2009), and sign contracts in which the broadcaster forces them to do what they want in EVERY SINGLE WAY. I'm curious about the already shortlisted songs before the selection, that will be in his new album. If any of them come out to be bops here in Spain, the already low trust in our broadcaster is going to turn into a massive hate by Spanish eurofans. Head of delegation is the major guilty in our constantly absent success in the contest, with ridiculous budgets that impede a good staging and performance, aside from the corrupt juries back in 2017 NF and sudden change of rules for making Manel win.

I have faith that some day we'll follow France's pathway, but meanwhile they'll keep on giving us bitter surprises year after year.

SAYAY

I am actually suprised with how much I love Spain this year. This song is really beauitful, and altough I don`t really understand what he is singing I can feel the emotion. And Blas seems like an amazing singer.
Spain, I give thee :8: points :love: Thank you for this beautiful song.

lacrymea

Just saw the released music video. I'm a bit confused. The story there is about remembering and missing his late grandmother. But the lyrics don't reflect that kind of love at all ("I want to kiss you slowly as it was the first time").

Is he trying to push a more emotional narrative here? Cause it feels sort of forced to me ...

crashworld

Veteran
For anyone that is interested.

By the way, I must say even I blasted the entry for how basic and average it is.
It's surprisingly not near the bottom of my current personal ranking. It's actually pretty in the high up in the middle.

Mrm

Veteran
Yeah, it is on official ESC channel now too.. :)

And I really do like it..video is really good and I love Bronte's phrase in Spanish in the beginnng! xlove Like majority of hardcore ESC fans even know who that is..... lol, oh, never mind...

mauve

Veteran
Does anyone know when the online-Preparty will be? April? Just asking as Jendrik will also take part.

lacrymea

Seems like Spain will be doing a revamp of the song.
Not sure if it'll be like France 2019 where the revamp is performed just for the performance or if it'll be your usual revamp.

https://eurovoix.com/2021/03/12/blas-new-voy-a-quedarme-eurovision/
From what I've read, they'll do a different take on the song for the competition only.

I find this a bit bizarre. Same singer for 2 years, a whole year to come up with a song... And they're still talking about tweaking it again. After releasing an official video. I don't get it.

I think Blas is trying to push the late grandmother narrative into the song. Maybe it'll work for people who don't speak Spanish. But c'mon! The lyrics are very clear. They referr to romantic love, and that's that.

It smells like desperation and I actually find this 'abuela' (bless her) twist a tad disrespectful.

crashworld

Veteran
From what I've read, they'll do a different take on the song for the competition only.

I find this a bit bizarre. Same singer for 2 years, a whole year to come up with a song... And they're still talking about tweaking it again. After releasing an official video. I don't get it.

Thanks! That's what I thought so with regards to the "revamp"

I don't mind if the delegation wants to tweak or revamp the song if they deem appropriate.
I guess it's also due to the feedback they have received? I like a pro-active delegation rather than one that doesn't care.
Plus, since the 2 songs are co-written by Blas himself, I don't know if maybe Blas feel more connected to the songs and want them for ESC? We never know what goes behind close door though.

I do agree Blas and the delegation should have come out with more competitive songs. But it is what it is.

mauve

Veteran
Will this help to escape my bottom 5...
Lets see
I doubt it. This song is not memorable enough, and there are better songs that will please the audience and the Juries ... I hope so much that Spain will have a great entry next year. It has been sooo long for me that I got excited for Spain at ESC ... :(

ayzelto

Time to give a score to Spain. Unfortunately, I cannot support it this year as, objectively, is one of the worst songs this year. I'll give it 4 points.

VikingTiger

I feel kind of bad for Blas. It seems he is really interested in the Eurovision. But with this song... :rolleyes:....So they will make a eurovision-only version. I guess they will put in some (random) english to try to make it more appealing for the generel european. I really hope not. And I also cant see how that would help grip the interest of the viewers - or the juries.

Top Bottom