Se apague el sol, se caiga el cielo
A tan solo unos centímetros los dos

Y dejar atrás el miedo
Con ti alma entre mis dedos quédate
Porque yo voy a quedarme​

Last edited by a moderator:

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Gosh, please don't remind us all of that Coral robbery.

It's weird actually as I generally really dislike the diva ballads from Spain that do make it to Eurovision (Pastora, Ruth etc) but I absolutely adored En una vida. I think it would have done SO well. The drama in that song.

Mrm

Veteran
Gosh, please don't remind us all of that Coral robbery.

It's weird actually as I generally really dislike the diva ballads from Spain that do make it to Eurovision (Pastora, Ruth etc) but I absolutely adored En una vida. I think it would have done SO well. The drama in that song.
maxresdefault.jpg

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Yeah, i'm not surprised. Who is going to tune in to watch a 95979597 hour selection between 2 very mediocre songs and then pay like 2 euros to vote? :lol:

Last edited:

Looren

Veteran
Changing my :10: to a :12: and first place in my ranking so far

Honestly I didn't think that Spain could do better than "Amanecer" but they surprised me, this is a masterpiece and Blas has an angelic voice

crashworld

Veteran
Summer bop Spain really needs to come back, quality wise thats where they excel...

But Miki and Barei basically got robbed when they send such fun songs. At this point, you have to wonder what Spain needs to do to go back to the left hand side of the score board. It's like for the past 5 years, regardless what they send, they just can't escape the bottom 5/6. I mean they have sent 2 ballads, 2 uptempos and 1 mid-tempo (to be honest, I really like "Do It For Your Lover" and couldn't understand the hate for it. I pity Manuel for that cracked voice though) but nothing works. And I am pretty sure this year their bottom 5 fate is sealed too.

ESC94

But Miki and Barei basically got robbed when they send such fun songs. At this point, you have to wonder what Spain needs to do to go back to the left hand side of the score board. It's like for the past 5 years, regardless what they send, they just can't escape the bottom 5/6.

Well, because in recent years even their better entries were just "meh", but mostly they were pretty horrible and deserved to bomb, especially the horrific songs in 2017 and 2018. :sick:

crashworld

Veteran
Well, because in recent years even their better entries were just "meh", but mostly they were pretty horrible and deserved to bomb, especially the horrific songs in 2017 and 2018. :sick:

To be honest, I do enjoy the 2017 entry though. I just don't understand the hate it got.
I didn't like 2018's song (found the lovey-dovey act too sickly), but I thought it was pretty raved by the ESC fandom outside Spain?

ESC94

To be honest, I do enjoy the 2017 entry though. I just don't understand the hate it got.
I didn't like 2018's song (found the lovey-dovey act too sickly), but I thought it was pretty raved by the ESC fandom outside Spain?

Well, most ESC fans I know hated this song with a burning passion, and it even finished last in the :de: televote that year.

cegs5

But Miki and Barei basically got robbed when they send such fun songs. At this point, you have to wonder what Spain needs to do to go back to the left hand side of the score board. It's like for the past 5 years, regardless what they send, they just can't escape the bottom 5/6. I mean they have sent 2 ballads, 2 uptempos and 1 mid-tempo (to be honest, I really like "Do It For Your Lover" and couldn't understand the hate for it. I pity Manuel for that cracked voice though) but nothing works. And I am pretty sure this year their bottom 5 fate is sealed too.
They might have sent different stuff, but there is a consistent pattern in all of them: unremarkable tune, mediocre singers and self-sabotage staging.

crashworld

Veteran
They might have sent different stuff, but there is a consistent pattern in all of them: unremarkable tune, mediocre singers and self-sabotage staging.

That's quite harsh. LOL.
Tune wise, I don't think they are that unremarkable, maybe average or too safe. But we have entries that are worse than them but did better.
I think the only mediocre singer is Manuel. The rest are pretty decent/good.
Staging wise, I do agree in a way, either it's minimal to the point that it's doing nothing or way too messy.

I absolutely loved La Venda, it was my joint n°1 in 2019. I think Miki had the potential to end up much higher, but got really sabotaged by his overcomplicated staging...

Definitely. The staging was OK until the giant puppet came out and it's pretty WTF.

Top Bottom