Se apague el sol, se caiga el cielo
A tan solo unos centímetros los dos

Y dejar atrás el miedo
Con ti alma entre mis dedos quédate
Porque yo voy a quedarme​

Last edited by a moderator:

Iker

Veteran
As much as I liked it, the song was only a mild representation of the genre and the performance was dreadful tho. xshrug
What was dreadful about the performance? It was colourful, effervescent, the vocals were not bad either. I thoroughly enjoyed that.

Ezio

Veteran
:es: is doing terrible at the Eurovision. The last time they made top 20 was ... 7 years ago apparently.

This year it was a piece of nothingness that never stood a chance.
Universo would have had more potential, but I found "Voy a quedarme" more mature. Universo was borderline tacky.

Iker

Veteran
Universo would have had more potential, but I found "Voy a quedarme" more mature. Universo was borderline tacky.
Universo would not have done much better. I liked that one more though, it had a more contemporary feel to it also. It was in my top 10 last year but I couldn't see myself voting for it let alone those for which it was bottom 10.

Iker

Veteran
I thought it was rather colourless, dark. It seemed to me as if they didn't know what they were doing and at the same time I found it too choregraphed. There were too much gimmicks - the house, the camera, the puppet and none of them worked. And finally, during the performance he lacked charisma he usually has. xshrug And again, I liked the song and he was a fun guy, so I would like to see him again with a better song and freedom to do the show he wants.
Maybe you're right.

Ezio

Veteran
Spain is a country that needs a lot of help to get their act together.

I have lived and worked in Spain before 2020, so I think I have access to their mindset. If they can't collaborate, they need to delegate to an outsider. I for one have worked very succesfully with Spaniards in Spain.

Spaniards are always positive, happy, enthusiastic, friendly. optimistic, but also fanatic about some things, superstitious and there i a lack of drive and discipline. I can imagine that Spain wants success at Eurovision desperately, unlike the UK (BBC), but they have no clue how to do it, and many big egos at RTVE want to go in different directions and have a hard time of collaborating.

Spain's music is a gift to the world, cheerful, uplifting, so the best thing for them is not to emulate someone else's formular but to present them in the most authentic and positive way possible. For example, Contigo was a missed opportunity in 2017, a televote rocket like no other.

The Spanish ballad is sketchy, because sad songs are a hard sell at Eurovision, especially if they don't come from a place of sincerity and authenticity. Spain would have to go full drama mode. The gentle formulaic ballad is not a success.

And they need to structurize their process of selecting an artists. Operación Triunfo was a great idea. Just trust the audience more to choose the correct song, because the Spaniards have amazing taste.

martin

It was ok for me, but did not stand enough out. Still surpriced it get 0 points. Should have get some points

HayashiM

Veteran
The answer is still the same as with the UK and France. Just get a proper open national final (not the OT nor You Decide experiments) and try not to think of Eurovision when selecting the songs that shall partake.

Ausesken

Or we could just withdraw for a while and stop making a fool of ourselves until the people in charge of Eurovision at TVE (who are stuck to their jobs like an octopus and have no dignity to resign) are 70 years old and they go home and let young, talented people make decisions. But maybe instead of young, talented people they would employ the octopus' young but useless friends xthink with TVE, you never know... Thanks to their incompetence, it will be very hard convincing good artists and composers to get involved with Eurovision when Spain in this contest has become a synonim of flop and self-sabotage. Too risky, don't you think?

And let's not forget that many Spanish eurofans are also responsible for making very bad decisions (hello Mirela, hello Coral Segovia, hello Aitana and Ana Guerra -Lo Malo-). If there's a generic ballad vs a genre we haven't sent to Eurovision yet, they will always vote for the damn generic ballad. Enjoy your stupid decisions, dear countrymen xangel We got what we deserve.

Jopi

I'm so so so sad for Blas. He did not deserve 0 from televote, and the juries needed to put him in top15!!! Shame on you so called professionals! This was probably the most emotional performance of the night, for me. I cried at the end. Yep... This is the only time after Lithuania 2018 that I cried during eurovision performance. Deserved better xheart

Top Bottom