17 6.7%

18 7.1%

21 8.3%

13 5.2%

41 16.3%

• Total voters

Ausesken

Re: SPAIN 2018

Don't you think TVE will find kinda humiliating that our neighbours (which are supposed to have more financial problems) win while we get the last place? After this could they finally wake up and take Eurovision seriously?

ag89

I hope Spain will never ever send a song in English again. Or partially in English. It doesn't help you. Plus, there were so many people like "wtf, Spain has a song in English" last year and in 2014.

Ausesken

I hope Spain will never ever send a song in English again. Or partially in English. It doesn't help you. Plus, there were so many people like "wtf, Spain has a song in English" last year and in 2014.

But why Spain? I mean, why don't you mind that Sweden, Denmark, Germany, etc. send a song in english every year, but if Spain does it, it's wrong? I'd still rather send a song in Spanish, but I just don't get this difference.

ag89

But why Spain? I mean, why don't you mind that Sweden, Denmark, Germany, etc. send a song in english every year, but if Spain does it, it's wrong? I'd still rather send a song in Spanish, but I just don't get this difference.

Spanish is a beautiful language. That's it. I love German for example, but it just doesn't sound good when sung. Spanish on the other hand is very melodic and mild compared to "sharp" languages from the countries you mentioned.

Ausesken

Spanish is a beautiful language. That's it. I love German for example, but it just doesn't sound good when sung. Spanish on the other hand is very melodic and mild compared to "sharp" languages from the countries you mentioned.

But the fact that we send a song in English doesn't mean the song is worse than if it was in Spanish. It's not a language contest, it's a song contest.

ag89

But the fact that we send a song in English doesn't mean the song is worse than if it was in Spanish. It's not a language contest, it's a song contest.

What I am trying to say it this: many people around me, when they watched ESC with me last year and in 2014, were put off by the fact Spain had a song in English, fully or partially. Almost all these people were "Aaa, Spain singing in English, such a shame".

No, Spain has been sending really bad entries for years now, but I am just saying the fact Spain decided to sing in English decreases chances for success additionally.

ParadiseES

Don't you think TVE will find kinda humiliating that our neighbours (which are supposed to have more financial problems) win while we get the last place? After this could they finally wake up and take Eurovision seriously?

Eehhmm no.

I don't think this is more humiliating because Portugal won. It would be the same humiliating had won Bulgaria, Moldova, Belgium.....

I do think TVE could wake up because the mess all around Eurovision since the NF was just so huge. They probably start to feel a little bit of shame.
But I'm not too hopeful, because I don't think they're capable to do what they have even if they want.

Hele.

It is time for new hot Latino rhythms like Dime!! xheart xlove xcheer

Spain please!! xpray

I would like to see Ruth Lorenzo again as well! xcheer

ParadiseES

I don't want to build a hype, cause we all know where Spanish hypes finish... But Pablo Alborán seems to be in love with "Amar pelos dois". He tweeted after Portugal's victory and praised "Amar pelos dois" and he has recored a short video singing the song...

Is he tempted? :)

JonnyWest

PABLO ALBORÁN A EUROVISIÓN

EDIT: He made a duet with portuguese fado singer Carminho some years ago. It was very popular here ;)

ParadiseES

I'm not sure if Pablo Alborán would be a good idea though. TVE would be tempted to copy the Salvador Sobral's formula, despite both are different artists (Pablo Alborán is 120% mainstream). But you know what I mean. Copying the previous winner is not usually a good idea.

Edward

Nah, I don't think that's happening at all.

Dare you to send something worse though :mrgreen:

ParadiseES

David Civera (ESC 2001) has offered himself.

ParadiseES

Diana Navarro (nothing to do with Manel despite they share surname) has been constantly rumoured. It was said that she wanted to go if she were internally selected the last two years.

We would have an epic participation with her xheat

alca

I'm not sure if Pablo Alborán would be a good idea though. TVE would be tempted to copy the Salvador Sobral's formula, despite both are different artists (Pablo Alborán is 120% mainstream). But you know what I mean. Copying the previous winner is not usually a good idea.

Came here to post Pablo's place once again but this year I'm not alone! :D Now, how is Pablo a copy of Salvador? :lol: Send Pablo with something like "Vivela" (man that was perfect for the ESC. 3 minutes!) and you're on!

Also, Pablo is huge in Portugal as well so that would be awesome.

ParadiseES

Came here to post Pablo's place once again but this year I'm not alone! :D Now, how is Pablo a copy of Salvador? :lol: Send Pablo with something like "Vivela" (man that was perfect for the ESC. 3 minutes!) and you're on!

Also, Pablo is huge in Portugal as well so that would be awesome.

Well, their voices actually kinda look alike. But what I meant is that the concept and the staging I imagine with Pablo (intimate, simple, emotional, restrained...) is sort of what we've just seen this year with Salvador.

alca

Well, their voices actually kinda look alike. But what I meant is that the concept and the staging I imagine with Pablo (intimate, simple, emotional, restrained...) is sort of what we've just seen this year with Salvador.

That's why I said something like "Vivela" ;) Or "Extasis".

ParadiseES

That's why I said something like "Vivela" ;) Or "Extasis".

I haven't even Heard "Vivela" until now. It's a very weak song IMO. "Éxtasis" is much better.

I still think Diana Navarro would be a much better song. And out of the Spanish artists who share their names with me, I'd rather go with other Pablo: Pablo López :D

Top Bottom