Contact us

(... so maybe this is the) General Discussion Thread

Loindici

Veteran
Well, I can't find the 2024 general discussion thread yet. I'm providing a thread to house it before mods will make one.

You may discuss anything related to the 2024 contest in general.

EDIT: Welp, I guess it has manifested into one.xshrug Let's go guys!

Last edited:

SirPeterGriffin

Rotherdam 2021 knocks this one out of the park. Cool lightning but where will the green room be located? Are they gonna be performing in front of the tech team?

And the cross in the middle fills up too much space. Idk, kinda underwhelmed by it.

han-g

I don't like the stage, I'm still tying to decide whether i dislike it more than Liverpool. At least we will have good camera work this year.

Mainshow

Veteran
I honestly think that the stage looks phenomenal but I don't like it for Eurovision.

It's a stage designed for a legend, a global icon - performing their hits whilst being surrounded by tons of their fans.
The stage is also designed for a bigger arena.
The cubes above the main stage look totally out of place, imo. They take too much space, they will block the sight for hundreds of attendees (upper tier blocks). I would be furious if I had to buy zillions of € for my view to be blocked several times (since they seem to make them move up and down throughout the show).

I prefer props to lighting effects and I honestly don't think that many delegations will bring them on stage since the cross-shaped stage will be the main stage and it could look awkward or weird if there are tons of hardcore male Eurofans trying to wave/appear on TV sneaking and moving their heads around the props to appear on TV.

Also, it seems that there's not enough space for dancers and artists to perform straight in front of the big LED screen and thus, they will clearly have to perform on the cross-shaped stage as well - depending on what the fans wear, how they behave and how big their flags or other objects are - they could "destroy" the atmosphere of the performance - best example: @gingerale post on the previous page

It will probably look absolutely insane when everyone's about to go wild when :at: :se: or :lt: are about to perform - but ballads, mid-tempos and even ethno-entries or entries relying on an eerie atmosphere (:no: or :ie: ) will probably look weird.

But dunno.. maybe the camera angles/movements have improved since 2018.

SpiritofKeiino

I like the stage. I also like the preview of the title cards which is available on Youtube, and looks very pretty.

PolarFoxxie.

Is this general discussion thread? I couldn't find any ....

Who in Sweden decided to bring back kaarija from Finland? I'm curious which Swede came to that idea? Is it Edward and sillen or christer bjorkman???

Loindici

Veteran

Loindici

Veteran

As for my thoughts: it feels like Norway or Dansk Melodi Grand Prix stages with additional features. The proportion made it smaller than it is.

The size is okay for a solo performer, but would be a struggle for additional props or choreographing dancers. It also lacks an island stage. It's a bit limiting.

Last edited:

Realest

Im pretty sure he isnt innocent and posted something wrong.

Mainshow

Veteran
Eric Saade called :il: "the most disgusting country", though and still hasn't been blocked - so yeah, EBU values freedom of speech.

Realest

Eric Saade called :il: "the most disgusting country", though and still hasn't been blocked - so yeah, EBU values freedom of speech.

Source?

Top Bottom