But everybody knows
Everybody knows
We’re born to the fight

Hey child
Why ya hiding from the light?​

Last edited by a moderator:

Ezio

Veteran
I am just over this attitude here that we should despise and hate everything and everyone who ever wronged gays. I am gay too, not religious, not supporting Vatican Church, but I still appreciate the good teachings of Jesus and the benefits of religion.

Gay community sounds to me lately more intolerant to others than they are right now towards us.

I consider myself a Christ and a follower of Jesus, the Bible is the most important book in the world, and it is miracle how it survived over 2000 years, since it offends the rulers of the world so much. I believe the Devil is real, that he is the actual ruler of the world, since he offered Jesus all the realms if he bowed down to him, I think that wealth and power comes with a deal with the Devil. My Faith grew a lot last year, and I am very happy to talk about it. I think that homosexual people in particular, should really, really, really, really, seek a relationship with God. Life as a gay can be so tepid and shallow. We don't have children, we end up scared and alone, there is lot of bigotry and promiscuity, drugs and bad lifestyle choices going on.

The biggest trick the Devil played on us and even on Christians, especially the Catholics, since they dont believe in the Bible as much, but in the Pope, is to make us believe he doesnt exist. He governs with division along affiliations, interests, party lines, religion etc.

Although I don't like Amen very much, I am happy that we hear at Eurovision. Ana is here to show up that Faith is not a joke. The Devil is a joke. Leisure and entertainment industry is one of the biggest serving industries catering to the Devil, since it distracts the people from seeking a relationship to God. And when there is blatant song called "El Diablo" about falling in love with the Devil, my guts wrench. But actually this song is testimony about fame and pop culture. Get rich by selling your soul to the Devil.

Can't wait to get bashed for this post. I'll have to cheeks to slap anyway.

Ezio

Veteran
yes Slovenians adore and worship Austria in every way. Literally and yes we are very alike, we also got many words not just from the german language, but from Austrian dialect specifically like Paradajz (other Paradeiser und nicht Tomate), and štenge (Steige and not Treppe), Marelica (so Marillen and not Aprikose).. and some others:)
Really? Your posting sounds a bit over the top. Is it ironic? In Austria no one realizes this kind of adoration. Especially in Carinthia, which borders to Slovenia, and where many family names have Slovene origin, is the center of German nationalism in Austria. Or rather was, I think nowaways, Carinthia is also quite chilled, except for the Gurk Valley, lol. At least the have Socialdemocrat as governor now, and not a right-winger anymore.

In Bosnia, they also say Paradaijz. I ate the best tomatoes of my life in Mostar on a very hot day. But this word is not German, we adopted from I don't know where.

rasmuslights

Veteran
@rasmuslights

Do you say palacine (pancake) in :sl:??

I also heard that German is still quite common as a foreign language in Slovenia. Is that right??

yes we say palačinke. :) and yes it's the second most common foreign language, actually older people speak mostly German than English. It's also mostly taught in elementary and secondary schools. I'm actually studying German (1st year haha) and many of us have die Verwandte in Deutschland or in Austria (I have them in Worms:) ).. but yeah we feel largely connected with Austria and also Germany:) We also say Luft for Air, Lift for elevator and some others :)

rasmuslights

Veteran
Really? Your posting sounds a bit over the top. Is it ironic? In Austria no one realizes this kind of adoration. Especially in Carinthia, which borders to Slovenia, and where many family names have Slovene origin, is the center of German nationalism in Austria. Or rather was, I think nowaways, Carinthia is also quite chilled, except for the Gurk Valley, lol. At least the have Socialdemocrat as governor now, and not a right-winger anymore.

I'm mean we don't have Austrian flags everywhere etc. but if we were to worship a country it would be Austria hahah:)

ESC94

yes we say palačinke. :) and yes it's the second most common foreign language, actually older people speak mostly German than English. It's also mostly taught in elementary and secondary schools. I'm actually studying German (1st year haha) and many of us have die Verwandte in Deutschland or in Austria (I have them in Worms:) ).. but yeah we feel largely connected with Austria and also Germany:) We also say Luft for Air, Lift for elevator and some others :)

So you can speak German??

Also sprichst du Deutsch?? ;)

So far I´ve only driven through :sl: on my way to holidays in :hr:, but what I´ve seen looks kinda nice.

Ezio

Veteran
My biggest misconception about SLOVAKIA, not Slovenia, was, that people would speak German, lol.

When I was in Bratislava for the first time in 2005 or 2006, I tried to order in German, and the girl didn't get it. But worse did my mom in Milan, when she ordered "Einen Teller Spaghetti bitte", lol ... Spaghetti pronounced like Shbaghetti, with Sh- .. I pissed myself laughing.

rasmuslights

Veteran
So you can speak German??

Also sprichst du Deutsch?? ;)

So far I´ve only driven through :sl: on my way to holidays in :hr:, but what I´ve seen looks kinda nice.

So I spreche Deutsch natürlich, bin aber nicht fließend, weil es so viele Details gibt und alle zu beachten ganz schwerig ist. Ich versuche doch mich zu verbessern. :D

ESC94

@rasmuslights

Dein Deutsch ist ganz gut, dafür dass du es noch nicht so lange lernst. (y)

I also heard that Slovenians don´t like to be called part of the Balkans, that they consider themselve more a part of Central Europe and culturally closer to :at: than to :hr: and :rs:. Is that true??

rasmuslights

Veteran
@rasmuslights

Dein Deutsch ist ganz gut, dafür dass du es noch nicht so lange lernst. (y)

I also heard that Slovenians don´t like to be called part of the Balkans, that they consider themselve more a part of Central Europe and culturally closer to :at: than to :hr: and :rs:. Is that true??

thank youu xheart, yes that is true, we aren't trying to deny our relationship with the balkan states and older people also feel a large connection to the Yugoslav states, but it's true that most think that we are central Europe and closer to Austria mentality wise. :) so it's complicated hahah. It also depends on who you ask of course, but as a whole.. yes most people think we are central Europe:)

Loindici

Veteran
I have some issues with 'Amen'. Well, not really. I lied.

It reminds me of 'Proud', and you know how I love that song to death that I want to perform it if there's a chance. However, it also reminds me of a usual Idol/Voice winner's single song that's usually goes over-the-top with vocals. Compared to Voda, which is a beautiful song per se, it's something I can ride more, it packed more direct punches than the slow-burning 2020 entry. It could do something like Proud in which it becomes a strong jury favorite that it went through with significantly lower televotes.

About the lyrical content, I don't think it's intentionally preaching someone with an undertone of Christianity, but it's rather autobiographical. Think of it as 'Little Tot', but gospel: Ana is not exactly singing to the audience, she's singing to her little self about the struggles she had and how Christianity empowered her, just with audiences listening to this one-way conversation. I don't mind the Christian motives since I am raised Christian and music like this is familiar to me (even if for now I view religion as merely a sociocultural system related to spirituality rather than a fixed way-of-living to afterlife).

For now, I can't deny I love the song. It does not get me on the first listen but it improved quickly. :10:

Pål Nordahl

A few thoughts on recent posts here:

- Disliking the religious message of a song is NOT the same as disliking "all" religious people. Conflating those two things is completely ridiculous.

- Ana is perfectly entitled to publicly express her religious views through music. I would defend that all day long. However, everyone else is equally as entitled to express their opinion of that music, especially in a competition setting, whether those opinions offend you or not.

- People have extremely valid reasons to dislike religiosity in general. I'm not talking only about the Gay community, but also about survivors of child abuse, disowned family members, victims of genital mutilation etc. The list is almost endless. Where religion has brought some hope and comfort, it has also caused pain and suffering to others. To deny this is ignorant. To ask people to "move on" is dismissive of their experiences.

I'm certain Ana is an amazing person. She's lucky to have found something in her life which has helped her through difficult times, and I would never deny anybody of that. Her voice is absolutely brilliant, and I wish Slovenia all the best. It's a beautiful country with wonderful people - I visited many times when I lived in Trieste.

VikingTiger

I actually havent taken the time to really listen to the lyrics of this song - only in the first part. So I wont get into the ongoing discussion about the religious content of the song (or religion over all).
But regardless of the lyrics Amen does nothing for me. The intro is too long, and I am already starting to loose interest in the song. Melodically I cant really grast this either. I dont need all entries to be instant "sing-along" style. But I do appreciate a more accessible chorus - also in a ballad. I am no fan of gospel either.... so the soundpicture is also not appealing to me.
I am sorry - it's already been said: this song just doesnt feel like good handicraft.

Carian

@ESC94, @rasmuslights, @Ezio

Was rasmuslights erzählt hier ist mehr oder wenig alles wahr. Ich könte noch weitere Beispiele geben, wie man Österreich und Deutschland sieht hier an, aber leider habe ich keine Zeit jetzt. Ich arbeite eigentlich.
Aber was betrift die Fremdspachen in Slowenien, es war normal bis anfang des 21. Jahrhunderts daß alle Slowenen erlernen Deutsch als ihre erste Fremdsprache. Also ich bin ein bißchen alt (aber nicht zu alt) und meine erste Fremdsprache in der Schule war Deutsch. Ich bin aufgewachsen mit ORF. Ich war so sehr gewöhnt an Star Treks in Deutsch, daß es nahm mir viel, viel Zeit sich an die Englische Version wieder angewöhnen mit dem Kommen des Internets. Aber ich muß sagen daß heute ich viele Problemen mit Deutsch habe, weil ich zu wenig die Sprache nütze. In jeden Fall, euere Debatte hat mir sehr gefallen.
Ezio, auch dein Post war prima, aber ich werde dir später oder morgen antworten - wie ich gesagt habe, Arbeit wartet auf mich. Habt Spaß, Kerle! Bis später!

PS: Ich frage mich jetzt wie viele verstehen uns hahaha :)

ESC94

@Carian

Ich habe dich super verstanden. Deine Satzstruktur ist zwar etwas anders als meine aber ansonsten top!! (y)

Nowadays English is the most learned foreign language if guess correctly?? On the coastline Italian is also pretty popular, right?? I mean due to the proximity to Trieste and the many Italian tourists??

Ezio

Veteran
I have some issues with 'Amen'. Well, not really. I lied.

It reminds me of 'Proud', and you know how I love that song to death that I want to perform it if there's a chance. However, it also reminds me of a usual Idol/Voice winner's single song that's usually goes over-the-top with vocals. Compared to Voda, which is a beautiful song per se, it's something I can ride more, it packed more direct punches than the slow-burning 2020 entry. It could do something like Proud in which it becomes a strong jury favorite that it went through with significantly lower televotes.

About the lyrical content, I don't think it's intentionally preaching someone with an undertone of Christianity, but it's rather autobiographical. Think of it as 'Little Tot', but gospel: Ana is not exactly singing to the audience, she's singing to her little self about the struggles she had and how Christianity empowered her, just with audiences listening to this one-way conversation. I don't mind the Christian motives since I am raised Christian and music like this is familiar to me (even if for now I view religion as merely a sociocultural system related to spirituality rather than a fixed way-of-living to afterlife).

For now, I can't deny I love the song. It does not get me on the first listen but it improved quickly. :10:

Interesting statement! I am not very reminded of Proud. I think my issue with Amen is, funnily I was thinking about that song during my walk outside before, is her deep voice. It doesn't suit this song, the English language nor the gospel choir very well. Maybe I would like the song better, if she had a lighter voice.

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member

Was rasmuslights erzählt hier ist mehr oder wenig alles wahr. Ich könte noch weitere Beispiele geben, wie man Österreich und Deutschland sieht hier an, aber leider habe ich keine Zeit jetzt. Ich arbeite eigentlich.
Aber was betrift die Fremdspachen in Slowenien, es war normal bis anfang des 21. Jahrhunderts daß alle Slowenen erlernen Deutsch als ihre erste Fremdsprache. Also ich bin ein bißchen alt (aber nicht zu alt) und meine erste Fremdsprache in der Schule war Deutsch. Ich bin aufgewachsen mit ORF. Ich war so sehr gewöhnt an Star Treks in Deutsch, daß es nahm mir viel, viel Zeit sich an die Englische Version wieder angewöhnen mit dem Kommen des Internets. Aber ich muß sagen daß heute ich viele Problemen mit Deutsch habe, weil ich zu wenig die Sprache nütze. In jeden Fall, euere Debatte hat mir sehr gefallen.
Ezio, auch dein Post war prima, aber ich werde dir später oder morgen antworten - wie ich gesagt habe, Arbeit wartet auf mich. Habt Spaß, Kerle! Bis später!

Your German is better than mine these days, and I was born in Germany ;)

Ezio

Veteran
- People have extremely valid reasons to dislike religiosity in general. I'm not talking only about the Gay community, but also about survivors of child abuse, disowned family members, victims of genital mutilation etc. The list is almost endless. Where religion has brought some hope and comfort, it has also caused pain and suffering to others. To deny this is ignorant. To ask people to "move on" is dismissive of their experiences.

Maybe I can clarify for you, that Faith and religion is not same. Religion for me is a divise concept, that operates through institutions to empower their leaders over their following. Being part of religion is like being part of a team that is constant competition with others.

Faith on the other hand is the idea of unconditional belief in a superior being, that created all, through which are all connected, and that wants to be connected with us, in order to guide us, to comfort us, but also to educate us like a Father or a Mother.

I had so many instances when I was in doubt or down, and opened the Bibel on the exact page which had the perfect Word for my situation. Life is so easy when you live it faithfully.

Ezio

Veteran

Toll geschrieben! Dankeschön! Ich habe alles super verstanden!

Ich hab auch gehört, dass Slowenisch recht komplizierte Fallbildungen hätte, im Gegensatz zum Serbokroatischen. Und dass das viele Slowenen selber nicht verstehen, warum das so wäre. Ist aber im Deutschen auch oft so, dass ich oft nicht verstehe, was wir auswendig gelernt haben über unsere Sprache. *g*

Nienor

@Carian

Ich habe dich super verstanden. Deine Satzstruktur ist zwar etwas anders als meine aber ansonsten top!! (y)

Nowadays English is the most learned foreign language if guess correctly?? On the coastline Italian is also pretty popular, right?? I mean due to the proximity to Trieste and the many Italian tourists??
Yes, the part of Slovenia that borders to Italy is heavily influenced by Italian language. In the coastal part of Slovenia, Italian is actually an official language besides Slovenian. And in schools kids learn English+Italian as foreign languages.

Iker

Veteran
yes Slovenians adore and worship Austria in every way. Literally and yes we are very alike, we also got many words not just from the german language, but from Austrian dialect specifically like Paradajz (other Paradeiser und nicht Tomate), and štenge (Steige and not Treppe), Marelica (so Marillen and not Aprikose).. and some others:)
I remember scratching my head after finding out that Slovenes word for 'boy' or 'boyfriend' is fant. So dissimilar regarding other Slavic languages. Only some time after I have read it is a borrowing from Italian language ('fante' word - but it does not mean 'boy').

Top Bottom