Contact us

Slovenia SLOVENIA 2018 - Lea Sirk - Hvala, ne!

How do you rate the entry?

38 19.8%

17 8.9%

20 10.4%

17 8.9%

13 6.8%

18 9.4%

18 9.4%

10 5.2%

9 4.7%

11 5.7%

21 10.9%

• Total voters

Carian

OMG Raiven was in the jury! :eek: Here's her top 5/bottom 5:

1 :se:
2 :at:
3 :ee: xheart
4 :fi: xthink
5 :fr:
21 :es:
22 :uk:
23 :il: :lol:
24 :ua:
25 :pt: :(

Gush, I am so tired today that I am all the time making some mistakes in forums :geek: Apologies for missing that 1 point for the chicken song. And I am not saying "chicken" song to offend Israeli fans or Netta. It is a fact that she is doing the chicken sounds.

Anyways, today I was thinking about juries and their role in ESC. Now, when I saw your post how Raiven voted, I must say that I do not agree with her ranking of Netta. Also the Portuguese song was not that badly sung after all. So, why am I making these observations? I just want to say that I really do not understand according to which criteria judges rank entries. In all seriousness, I'd expect that they would judge more homogenously, rewarding good singers, downgrading bad singers for the "technical" aspects of performance. However, when you look at these results, judges votes in particular, you cannot get but the impression that they use the same criteria as average televoters. So, this brings us to the question, why get 5 people the right that their votes outweight the votes of masses, if they judge the acts by the same criteria as we do???

You know, I am not musically educated nor talented, but I could hear that Cesar from Austria made a couple of technical errors, the same goes for the Australian entry. So, if I can hear that they were not pitch perfect, why judges don't punish them for it? Lea was dancing, moving, jumping, walking, but she was almost always on point, but she was graded by juries as though she was the worse singer. I really don't understand the role of judges.

crashworld

Veteran
For a song that is constantly shunned by the media, I think it did well. There is generally no support for this song at all. There is only so much Lea and her team can do.
So qualifying to the finals is the best that they can wish for and I am happy with it qualifying.
Lea is charismatic and the delegation took a risk with such a song that is not your typical Eurovision fare and is in fact in its native language.
Well done, Slovenia!

Sammy

Veteran
Well, I think cringy is a heavy word. After all, no one will ever please everyone's taste. A lot of people said they liked the trick, and I agree with them. It was well played and well timed.

So, who is right of two of us? Your cringy comment or my superb comment? After all, it was obviously not that cringy if Lea made it to the finals, though everyone predicted and betted that she would end up in the 42nd position...

you are right for your view of the world and I‘m right in mine... as simple as that. you‘ll find people that liked the trick, i’ll find people who found it cringy. my comment was not not be understood as a description of reality (as your‘s obviously isn‘t either), but as a personal impression.

KeucFan

I liked that she changed the gimmick in the final, but also felt that the pause was a bit too long this time. She probably missed the first Hvala ne entry and just entered on the second one.

Mrm

Veteran
[MENTION=11532]EscGeek[/MENTION]

Do you know all Slovenian 2018 jury members?

EscGeek

Veteran

Do you know all Slovenian 2018 jury members?

Besides Raiven (duuh) I only know about Alenka Godec.. (she's been around for decades, not a fan of her music though...)
I googled others and Nikola Sekulovič is a member of Dan D xmusic

Mrm

Veteran
Besides Raiven (duuh) I only know about Alenka Godec.. (she's been around for decades, not a fan of her music though...)
I googled others and Nikola Sekulovič is a member of Dan D xmusic

He has Serbian name and surname. :D

Mrm

Veteran

Are you satisfied with Slovenian televoting and jury points this year?

We gave you 8 with televoting.. 0 with jury :(
You gave us 12 with televoting, 0 with jury :(

EscGeek

Veteran

Are you satisfied with Slovenian televoting and jury points this year?

We gave you 8 with televoting.. 0 with jury :(
You gave us 12 with televoting, 0 with jury :(

Not really... i voted for :sm: and we didn't give them any points:(
It doesn't bother me that we exchanged zeros, but montenegrin jury gave 12 to serbia and 10 to albania.. the least they could do is give us some scraps xgaah

and why the hell do we always have to suck up to sweden? Go to the wikipedia and spot the geographical outsider:lol:

Mrm

Veteran
Not really... i voted for :sm: and we didn't give them any points:(
It doesn't bother me that we exchanged zeros, but montenegrin jury gave 12 to serbia and 10 to albania.. the least they could do is give us some scraps xgaah

and why the hell do we always have to suck up to sweden? Go to the wikipedia and spot the geographical outsider:lol:

You are right for Montenegrin jury, but also our jury should have given you some points and yours to us..Croatian as well..jury is introduced to make neighboring voting evident only in Ex Yugo countries! xgaaah

Your and our jury this year gave 12 to Sweden, you see that Raiven placed Sweden as number 1 in the final! :D
It's interesting how Croatian jury gave 0 to Sweden...but 12 to Lithuania..OMG!! ahahahahaa :lol:

EscGeek

Veteran
update..if you're still reading this...

yesterday she won MMS (Melodije Morja in Sonca) with this new summer hit song xheya

Mainshow

Veteran
12 pts. On the night of the grand final it was my #2. Lea was fierce, loved her attitude, the choreography and the song itself was totally innovative, quite urban and very modern for Eurovision. Deserved to end up WAAAAAAY higher. Slovenia often gets underrated in Eurovision (2011 still deserved a Top 5 result!)

John1

God knows how much I loved Lea's entry, but Lara should have definitely be given a shot at ESC, she's very talented. So close, ugh.

tuorem

God knows how much I loved Lea's entry, but Lara should have definitely be given a shot at ESC, she's very talented. So close, ugh.

She was underrated imo. If she's that talented at such a young age, I'm confident she'll come back for revenge someday. :) She could be a valuable option for Eurovision. (By the way, it was the fave act of one of Lea Sirk's daughters :mrgreen: She asked her mother why she won instead of Lara)

John1

She was underrated imo. If she's that talented at such a young age, I'm confident she'll come back for revenge someday. :) She could be a valuable option for Eurovision. (By the way, it was the fave act of one of Lea Sirk's daughters :mrgreen: She asked her mother why she won instead of Lara)

Such a shame that she didn't win though. xcry

Top Bottom