Contact us

Slovenia SLOVENIA 2018 - Lea Sirk - Hvala, ne!

How do you rate the entry?

38 19.8%

17 8.9%

20 10.4%

17 8.9%

13 6.8%

18 9.4%

18 9.4%

10 5.2%

9 4.7%

11 5.7%

21 10.9%

• Total voters

tuorem

Re: SLOVENIA 2018

Well, it seems the acts that will compete in EMA in February will be chosen tomorrow (out of the 108 songs RTVSLO received). It's not clearly said whether the names will be revealed soon or not though.

Apparently, the selection process will be the same as last year: 16 acts will perform in one semi-final, and only 8 of them will make it to the final (4 thanks to televoters, 4 thanks to juries).

It is also said the power ratio between jury and televoters will be 50-50... but we know what that meant to RTVSLO last year. If the points given by televoters don't correspond to the actual percentage of votes each act receives, then we're in for surprising results once more. :?

http://www.rtvslo.si/sporocila-za-javnost/ema-2018-znane-podrobnosti-o-izboru/439357

Kaz

EMA acts have been announced!

Looks very promising! The names I recognised were:
BQL
Ina Shai
King Foo
Lea Sirk
ManuElla (!!!!)
Nika Zorjan (queen yas welcome back)
Nuska Drascek

EscGeek

Veteran

EMA acts have been announced!

Looks very promising! The names I recognised were:
BQL
Ina Shai
King Foo
Lea Sirk
ManuElla (!!!!)
Nika Zorjan (queen yas welcome back)
Nuska Drascek

you should also recognise Tanja Ribič.. (eurovision 1997 entrant and also a mother of Zalalalalatino from last year):)

tuorem

Out of all returnees, I'm surprised to see BQL since they stated last year they would come back, but not in 2018. Their entry is certainly composed by Raay again. Also ManuElla's participation is unexpected to me ( [MENTION=15040]GianlucaTomoe[/MENTION] gonna love :lol:) The truth is I think she's a good enough vocalists, but her songs never wowed me. After the failure of "Blue And Red", I wonder what she'll sing this time tbh xthink

Apart from them, the other familiar faces don't exactly thrill me at the moment either:
-Ina Shai and King Foo were bummers last year, hopefully they have something less forgettable in store for us this time around.
-Regarding Lea Sirk, "Freedom" was meh imo and her vocals were borderline off, but who knows? Maybe she comes back stronger.
-Nice to see Nika here, still she'll need more than one of Raay's unfinished tracks to do better in the competition.
-As for Nuska Drascek, she's definitely a reliable vocalist, too bad "Flower In The Snow" was so slow during the verses. She can do better.

The other names are unknown to me: are these people known in Slovenia already? Purely based on the pictures, Orter intrigues me :D

Can't wait to hear the songs! Hopefully, not all qualifiers will perform in English in the final.

I'm waiting for [MENTION=11532]EscGeek[/MENTION] 's impressions :p

EscGeek

Veteran

I'm waiting for [MENTION=11532]EscGeek[/MENTION] 's impressions :p
my only thought i have right now is what the heck is Tanja doing here.. I have a feeling the song is as terrible as Regina's and Nuša Derenda's last attempts.:rolleyes:

how about some facts? : :cool:
- there will be one semi final and one final..
- 8 acts will qualify - 4 from the jury and 4 from viewers
- the jury will consist of 6 groups of 5 members
- these 6 groups are International jury, OGAE Slovenija, tv production, radio production, music creators and singers
- EMA will be in february
- Maja Keuc was one of the 4 professional jurors who helped with the selection of these 16 acts

tuorem

my only thought i have right now is what the heck is Tanja doing here.. I have a feeling the song is as terrible as Regina's and Nuša Derenda's last attempts.:rolleyes:

- these 6 groups are International jury, OGAE Slovenija, tv production, radio production, music creators and singers
- Maja Keuc was one of the 4 professional jurors who helped with the selection of these 16 acts

Seems like I won't be here for Tanja either then... :?

My bad, I misread! I thought there would be two semis. Sorry!

I'm glad they've changed the voting system, this one sounds more promising on paper, but also more diverse and legitimate. It's cool the international jury is only a fraction of the jury's total, I want no generic mess this year!

And finally they asked someone who qualified for help :mrgreen: I hope Goddessa Keuc's musical instinct will be fruitful.

EscGeek

Veteran

It's interesting that nika and lea currently compete in your voice sounds familiar and tanja ribič is one of the judges

but you'll find it difficult to find hq videos of it because our commercial tv is so greedy, it doesn't allow anything on youtube:oops:
anyways...here's lea sirk as salvador sobral
and nika zorjan as maja keuc

xcookie

DanielLuis

I'm really happy that RTVSLO ditched the regional juries for this system! I wish RTP would do the same, but no chance.

Yoozek

Don't you have any channel where all yfsf videos should be placed? It's in horrible quality. On the other hand, Nika is not Maja so there's not much to expect. BUT.

For the next video, yt chose for me this...this....well...this.

This is literally the worst type of tv show created in 21st century. Your face sounds familiar is just bullshit.

aef

I'm happy to see BQL back, now I'm hoping for a decent song! And it's quite a relief that Raiven isn't there, not because I totally hated her EMA song but because of the annoying Raiven fanboy hype in this forum! :lol:

hunty73

This might be quite a strong selection.
Ina Shai is a talented singer.Id love to see her with something better than Colour me.The jury should of helped her more,but with the right song dangerous.
Nika Zorjan should really be winning one of these.She just needs a better song instead of 2nd rate stuff.
BQL will be popular,though they always seem a bit flat to me.Actually a lot flat.
I take it Proper will have Luka Sesek on vocals?.They could be really interesting.Talented guys.

Anabel might be the darkhorse here.She came from nowhere to win the Pop Rock festival and it looked like the producers favoured her there (same producers for EMA).She looks like an artist who has room to grow into herself.Interesting to see what she has song wise here,but a song called Positive should be the sort of thing to suit her delivery as we should expect up-tempo leaning.Looking forward to her.If she doesnt do well this year i see her maybe taking one in the future.
Tough semi knocking half out ,but the 4 televote through 4 jury through looks a good way to do it to me.

Mrm

Veteran

It seems as very good selection...but we will see... :)

Mrm

Veteran

[MENTION=11532]EscGeek[/MENTION]

Who is the most promising to you in this lineup?

Romeo

I'm hoping BQL... Their song last year was amazing! plus this song has been written by Maraaya

EscGeek

Veteran

[MENTION=11532]EscGeek[/MENTION]

Who is the most promising to you in this lineup?

Last year i was excited for Ina Shai..maybe i'll like her this year.. i still loooove her 2010 try
I expect a lot from BQL and Nika and maybe even Tanja because Maraaya is behind all of them
But a majority of others are at the start of their music careers, (or are really unknown as they have about the same amount of views on youtube as Iriao:lol:) so i don't know what to expect

Top Bottom