14 3.9%

10 2.8%

3 0.8%

5 1.4%

4 1.1%

10 2.8%

• Total voters

Chorizo

[MENTION=13781]Chorizo[/MENTION] And yet the juries had Estonia only 10th in the semi, despite having the best staging of the year. And they had The Netherlands 5th, despite being a visual trainwreck. The juries are quite hypocritical and offten punish some songs for something, while turning a blind eye to others that have the same flaws.
We are so or so used, that in case we get support in the semis, that by the time the final comes, we only get scraps from most countries. The same happened in 2007 and 2011.

I see your point and I honestly don't understand why Estonia didn't get more support from the juries. Their staging would have been deserving of a winner. As much as I enjoy Here for You, I have to say that during the final, Sweden, Estonia, Australia and Belgium felt more like possible winners to me and Italy was vocally impressive and powerful and therefore at least sounded like a possible winner.

Here for You is still a favorite of mine and it will stay that way. I just feel that much more could have been done with the staging. Estonia, Sweden and Belgium brought fresh and visually impressive staging to Eurovision this year. If Slovenia had been able to offer something equally outstanding, they would gotten a much better result in the semi and therefore a better draw in the final. The better draw and staging would have led to a decent top 10 result and Maraaya might have actually been able to achieve the best Slovenian result so far.

I enjoy Maraaya's performance but if I had seen it only once during the final, it wouldn't have had the same impact that other acts have had and I can understand that other acts were able to impress more people. I'm really not sure now if I should keep Slovenia as my favorite this year or if I should put Australia, Belgium or possibly someone else on top. xthink

popavapeur

i don't really understand why Estonia was that good in the staging. Slovenia and Estonia had for me the exact same problem : a bad staging.
The camerawork for estonia was tilted and i never saw that, except for the bad real tv/music shows (like Idol) in the early 2000's. (Specially in France, a show called "Star Academy" where they used it a lot). The light thing was good but that's the only thing i keep in mind from Estonia. For me it was dated with a sensation of "Trying too hard". They just should just keep it like veeeeery simple and it was too much for that kind of song.

Return to Slovenia : The song wasn't that bad at all (even if it was out of my top 15 but i admit the quality of it) but i don't know how they could came with that staging… they shoot themselves in the feet.

ESCfan

Really disappointed, Slovenia was robbed...There was nothing wrong,a brilliant song,a great unique voice,a simple stage performance,no need for the singer to show her body,but only her awesome voice.....and the result...not even reaching top ten....:?
I believe,rank was the only thing that "killed" them.....

I want badly to hear new music products from them,they are both so talent!!!I am in slovenia with that voice xheya

tuorem

Time for me to review the Slovenian entry this :D

SLOVENIA 2015 - Maraaya - Here for You

Song: Well, it's my very last review. I wanted to end on a high note, hence why I did Poland beforehand. I love "Here For You", I love it. xheart I like the slow intro at the piano that encourages people to pay attention to the song, then when one may think it'll be a ballad, it abruptly changes into a fast-paced uptempo song, I think it enhances the impact of the song. The beat, the phrasing and the melody are unusual and have a retro feeling, yet the song sounds very current. I like the violin part as well, it's well integrated in the verses and the bridge. The chorus is as good as the verses, it's truly catchy and I can't help humming it and dancing to it. I also like that the final part comes back to piano only, it's so not the usual climax ending we're used to in the contest. Actually, this is one of the few songs (like Estonia and Germany) that I could totally imagine listening to on the radio, outside the Eurovision bubble.

Voice: Marjetka's voice is the most interesting voice of this year (with Vaclav), her tone is very unusual and it fits the song perfectly. She has a retro voice :lol: and it surely adds character to the whole act. I think her performances were great tbh. After listening to them again, the reason why I felt like the semi performance was less powerful is because there were awful sound issues, the music was much louder than her voice (it was the same with San Marino and Latvia), so there is nothing she could do about it. ;)

Staging: I liked the staging a lot, it was simple but effective with the gimmicks on offer: the earphones, the "M" in Raay's hair and the amazing air violinist :D Clever idea, it's kind of WTF at first but it's look edgy like the rest. The earphone/long white dress combination is surprisingly nice, I liked it. The rotating white lights added some dynamics during the bridge, they could have used the lights better throughout the song though. I liked the side angles of the cameras, but more dynamics shots would have been nice as well. Overall, I think it's a nice staged act, it's nowhere as immersive as Estonia, Latvia or Belgium, but it's still pretty good given the song and Slovenia's past stagings.

Outcome: Of course, I'm glad they qualified because I acknowledge I do have a soft spot for Slovenia xheart but this 1st starting position was hearbreaking and annoying as hell. Thank you again for this crappy slot, it's like they wanted to assign slots like these to well-liked songs (Hello Israel and Estonia) to prove that draw does not matter... well, I would have believed that had Sweden performed 2nd this year :rolleyes: but I'm getting off-topic! With Estonia, Slovenia are the only ones that succeeded in creating very accessible songs that are still sophisticated and sound really fresh and interesting. Songs like these can win the contest and can definitely becomes hits. But underrating never dies so... I'm not satisfied with this middle-of-the-road 14th final place. This had everything to be top 10 and it didn't even equal Maja Keuc's 13th place in 2011 with the additional "favourite status". So I'm mad about people not voting for Slovenia whatever they send, and juries should clean their ears since one can't rank this song so low, professionals should know better, this is quality. In my personal ranking, Slovenia is 3rd, I think my top 4 could have won anyway, this is one of the finest compositions of this year and it deserved a better fate imo. So go SLOVENIJA xcheer You were robbed but I support you as (almost) always, you are definitely my favourite ESC country, so keep faith and send another fantastic entry, I WANT you to revenge on this result :D

Musicosity

Farewell, my love of the season! Your end was tragic, but the memories will remain sweet. I will never forget you.

xrose xheart xcry1

Franco

aef

Hm it's ok but the sound of the song isn't that new...

Romeo

I never realised how funny these 3 seconds are (starting at 28seconds)

ParadiseES

Still speechless after listening to the salsa version of "Here for you" :shock:

Zonne147

Underrated, I have been having this on repeat every day :love: :love:

14th place? :cry:

Top Bottom