8 4.8%

22 13.2%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

mauve

Veteran
Just watched the performance again and once the poll is up, this entry will be another :12: from me. :love:
It is obsessive and seductive and I love it! And another thing I want to say: this NF was so amazing yesterday, I would have given some other artists probably the highest points too. Great songs, great staging! Thank you Serbia, two years in a row, you are in my top 5!
I wish that Germany would be able to have such great staging! Our looked so damn amateurish (even when it was better than last year), I hope they would look at what Serbia is doing!
Anyway, best NF I have seen this year! xheartxrose

PlasticToad

Damn, I'm really regretting having missed watching this NF live. I might watch it back over breakfast this morning, it's not like I've got anything better to do...

Other than stream Samo mi se spava on repeat as I have for the last few days. WOW. :love: I never thought this had a chance, especially with EVERY single man I found attractive with a good song failed to make it this year (Sorry, Agoney, Jone, Benjamin...). But this song is my thing 100%. I've seen people making Grimes comparisons and I'm not sure if they meant it complimentarily, but to me that's a huge plus. I love hyperpop, I love glitchy music, seeing this manage to be pulled off well live absolutely cemented it as a fave to me.

Speaking of - I know some people don't like his live vocals, but to me they work very well? He sounds very soft and quiet, which contrasts the instrumental while also emphasising the 'sleepy', vulnerable idea. It's the growly bit at the end that needs most work. I like the staging, too. The better camerawork in the finals made it pop more. Maybe a bit of a rework on the background LED? I do think the boss fight concept is kind of banger though.

:12: to :rs: . Thank you for finally sending a twink with a song I like (:dk: do not interact)

Flamenkax

In the swimming pool, always stayin' cool
I love how dark this track is. Maybe a bit redundant musically but the fact the proper synth sound is not always the same makes it captivating to hear, thanks to this unbelievable production and mixing, it's really striking and it keeps your attention.
Plus, the whole staging is quite memorable. In and out a track i really like. Quite afraid to see how it will translate to casual people tho. But for me this is a yes, let's put a good ole :8: in the poll.

crashworld

Veteran
Surprisingly, I like this dark electronica theme it's going for. It sounds rather fresh but at the same time a little retro-y? Can see the potential and likely to grow on me. Giving this a :7: for now.

Yazy

Not sure how much I´ll grade this yet but from all the songs released so far, this will probably nest somewhere in the lower end of my TOP 10. It might even remain in my TOP 10 the way things have been going this season.

My overall view is that I really like this, but I don´t love it as much as I would like to.

I find some segments of the track to be stronger and other segments to be less so. The instrumental only bits are my favorite. The one with intense melody before each chorus and the one with heavy beat breakdown when he disconnects the tubes.

The singing parts are just okay (kinda reminds me of Maruv).

Having played a lot of video games, this dark and heavy electro genre is something I absolutely resonate with.
This is an audio territory that I recognize. But maybe that is also why I am not really mind blown by this.

Konstrakta blew me away because everything that she brought sonically and visually was so foreign and unfamiliar to me (and because of the infectious hook).

randajad

Veteran
Now that the poll is up, I gave it 5 points with a tendency to grow if he upgrades the performance, but he already said he will. It’s not my cup of tea, but I appreciate the artistry. I still think it’s not a safe choice even with the diaspora, but I have seen that the response was mostly positive so it’s a good sign.

This was the first time in ages I followed the Serbian selection this closely (thanks Konstrakta) and it really was fun, RTS really stepped up their game. Some great artists got the spotlight and the show was good.

Milos-BC

I mean fuck Ukraine’s win right???? I’m so confused

I will write my full impressions about Luke's victory and the final later, but just to quickly reply.......

Did you watch the semis?

Stefania was performed at the beginning of the second semi and Kalush Orchestra were mentioned several times throughout the show. Even the hosts in the green room sang the chorus of Stefania. The show director decided to focus on Konstrakta for semi 1, Kalush Orchestra for semi 2, and the UK as this year's hosts for the final.

So this notion is incorrect.

HarryUK

Veteran
I will write my full impressions about Luke's victory and the final later, but just to quickly reply.......

Did you watch the semis?

Stefania was performed at the beginning of the second semi and Kalush Orchestra were mentioned several times throughout the show. Even the hosts in the green room sang the chorus of Stefania. The show director decided to focus on Konstrakta for semi 1, Kalush Orchestra for semi 2, and the UK as this year's hosts for the final.

So this notion is incorrect.
I did not watch the semi's as the final was drawn out enough for me; however you'd think that they'd at least acknowledge Ukraine in the final as well as semi final, or move the UK to SF2? It's Ukraine's party at the end of the day

empo21

Veteran
Samo mi se spava is what happens when Poppy and Him from Powerpuff Girls make a song together

:7: the song is captivating, but I'm not fully sold on it. Although, I must say, I see shock NQ potential in this, which is crazy to expect from :rs: in a televote only semi.

HarryUK

Veteran
Just done my ranking of the 27 songs so far, Luke's placed 7th! So :4:

It's different; it's not the typical Balkan entry I adore from Serbia, but I'm glad they're embracing something different!

Noah95

I'm honestly over the moon. I remember people (myself included) being concerned about Konstrakta being an act too tough to follow and wondering whether she was an exception and if Serbia would return to the usual formula the following year. So I really love how it's turned out that Konstrakta changed the game and we got the strongest Serbian NF that I can remember instead. It was great to see that so many talented (and mostly anonymous/underground) artists being encouraged to apply thanks to her (some of whom are openly queer, if I might add, which is also significant). There were quite a few songs that I really enjoyed, but Luke Black was a standout for me (although, if it weren't for him, I would also be able to support Filip Balos wholeheartedly as the Serbian representative and there were other artists I liked as well). Someone already mentioned, but, listening to "Samo mi se spava", I was also immediately reminded of Nine Inch Nails, which is a plus. But, at the same time, it's original enough to stand out. I love the concept and it feels like everything was very well-thought out. I would even say that "Samo mi se spava" makes sense as the successor of "In Corpore Sano" conceptually, too.

Considering the poor state of Serbia's music scene (the mainstream), I was a bit worried, but I'm really glad that my home country is once again giving a chance to more experimental (and/or underground) art and I hope this becomes a trend. (For a record, I didn't really hate the Balkan ballads (Hurricane-style bops are really not my thing, though, although I wouldn't say I exactly hated them either), but rather felt indifference towards most of them (particularly the more recent ones) and I also got really tired of Serbia constantly playing safe by sending same stuff over and over. Being excited about Serbia at ESC is new to me (experienced it last year for the first time) and I gotta say, it feels so good :D It also gives me hope in regards to Serbia's music scene (although some things may have already changed/improved since I emigrated, can't say for sure), so, to me, picking Konstrakta and Luke feels like a step in the right direction not only for Serbia at ESC, but also its culture as a whole as it potentially gives the much needed visibility to artists who don't fit the mold and aren't willing to compromise. (I might be exaggerating, but I've been so ecstatic that I felt the need to say it.) I'm also not saying that we shouldn't send typically Balkan entries ever again, but it just feels good to finally have some diversity.

Anyway, "Samo mi se spava" is pretty much up in my alley and an entry I can even relate to, to a certain extent, which is another reason I like it so much . Luke currently pretty much shares my No.1 spot with Käärijä and LOTL, so a :12: from me :3

Top Bottom