8 5.9%

27 19.9%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

A-lister

Veteran
well, they're hardly boasting about it. they literally just stated the facts - which countries did the submitted entries come from.

i agree with brandt and loreen. as long as they don't support russia's actions i see no problem. + it's not their fault they're coming from fascist states.

little big, manizha, val, ala (1997) are all examples of it.

I agree with you in theory, but with what currently going on, it is political to have representatives from those countries. It doesn't mean that all Russian artists support the regime, of course not (although the majority of the top names in Russia do, but that's a different discussion). It's just that right now all pressure that can be put needs to be put, these countries should have zero platforms of international representation as long as they engage in genocidal warfare, and yes this will also effect these artists but that is what sanctions do. Sanctions are not put because it is "fun", it's a tool, among various things, to isolate in order for regular people to finally react.

rasmuslights

Veteran
I agree with you in theory, but with what currently going on, it is political to have representatives from those countries. It doesn't mean that all Russian artists support the regime, of course not (although the majority of the top names in Russia do, but that's a different discussion). It's just that right now all pressure that can be put needs to be put, these countries should have zero platforms of international representation as long as they engage in genocidal warfare.

i agree with you to a degree...

but at the same time, they would represent san marino, not russia/belarus... so I don't see it as a problem tbh. but everybody has their own opinion... it's a complex problem.

A-lister

Veteran
i agree with you to a degree...

but at the same time, they would represent san marino, not russia/belarus... so I don't see it as a problem tbh. but everybody has their own opinion... it's a complex problem.

It is indeed complex, but I see it as a way to work around sanctions. If any of these artists would be chosen, surely it will be mentioned in the contest that they are Russian or Belarusian, and voila you have the representation right there.

If it were artists that are officially against the invasion, and would use Eurovision as a platform to be a voice for the minority of Russians that are, then I think it's potentially good, but I don't really think that's going to happen. But acts like Val or Naviband that are living in exile, then sure. But from my understanding these aren't even acts in exile?

HarryUK

well, they're hardly boasting about it. they literally just stated the facts - which countries did the submitted entries come from.
I fundamentally disagree - but that's fine. If cancelling Russia and its allies means Ukraine can live in peace right now, I'm all for it.

Brandt

The issue is they are celebrating that fact.
Celebrating? just by stating someone's origin?

man, i know people go extra radical on the internet regarding politics but sometimes it is ridiculously just too much tbh

HarryUK

Celebrating? just by stating someone's origin?

man, i know people go extra radical on the internet regarding politics but sometimes it is ridiculously just too much tbh
What’s ridiculously too much is Russian aggression in Ukraine but there we go

hijirio

Veteran
It is indeed complex, but I see it as a way to work around sanctions. If any of these artists would be chosen, surely it will be mentioned in the contest that they are Russian or Belarusian, and voila you have the representation right there.

If it were artists that are officially against the invasion, and would use Eurovision as a platform to be a voice for the minority of Russians that are, then I think it's potentially good, but I don't really think that's going to happen. But acts like Val or Naviband that are living in exile, then sure. But from my understanding these aren't even acts in exile?
So according to you, Russian artists should be allowed in the contest only if they sing to protest the war, or be very vocal about their opinion on the warfare, while singers of other background don't have such obligation, they can sing freely about whatever theme or have whatever opinion as nobody will ask them anyway.

How do you know the Italian singer is not supporting the Putin regime? Are we going to ask all singers one by one to confirm they stand in solidarity with Ukraine?

Mimmon

Veteran
So tonight we are going to get Press Conference about San Marino national selection....
Really interesting because they released regulations like a month ago, and a month later they have this.

308929302_981407686587853_8970705995152984998_n.png

A-lister

Veteran
So according to you, Russian artists should be allowed in the contest only if they sing to protest the war, or be very vocal about their opinion on the warfare, while singers of other background don't have such obligation, they can sing freely about whatever theme or have whatever opinion as nobody will ask them anyway.
It's pretty easy to find out if they have some track record or not at least since artists are public people and we live in a digital age. Like take Polina Zagarina for instance, someone like her should obviously be banned since she openly supports the invasion, while artists like Belarusian Naviband or Russian Oxxxymiron are in exile and vocal against it.
How do you know the Italian singer is not supporting the Putin regime? Are we going to ask all singers one by one to confirm they stand in solidarity with Ukraine?
Again, if someone publicly stated or acted in support for ruZZia, it is very easy to find out. Of course, what someone states privately we won't know and that's that.

Mimmon

Veteran
So in the 'press conference,' Una Voce semis will be 2nd week of February (no specific dates yet), they have over 300 registrations now, and they want to reach at least 2,000 (about what they got last year, according to them)

Casting Days are:
309435464_863554351739906_3272992872903395234_n.png

Mainshow

Veteran
402 received applications so far:

Based on the latest submissions information from the broadcaster of the 402 submissions, over 80% of the applications are from Italy with 334 artists having applied, 16 are from Spain, 8 from Germany and 5 from Norway. In contrast just 3 singers from San Marino have applied to date.

Bobjan FR

The first contestants doing the casting : https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FfRpt2EX0AAKCz0?format=jpg&name=medium

I see :
-Mate, finalist of the big final of UVPSM
-Artika, finalist of the emergenti final of UVPSM
-Christopher, a guy who didn't pass the auditions but became ""famous"" for his cover of "loco loco"
-"Morena"... is it the Morena of Eurovision 2008 for Malta ?
-...I don't think the Domi in the list is Domi of We are Domi. But who knows, we had elis mraz...

Flamenkax

In the swimming pool, always stayin' cool

Mainshow

Veteran
Daniel Schuhmacher?
Like the winner of Germany´s Pop Idol ("Deutschland sucht den Superstar")?

I really enjoyed some of his performances when he was part of the show (it was the last edition I followed/watched) but his solo material has been quite underwhelming:

Top Bottom