Contact us

Sakuralia ❀ NSC 228: Loren Allred - No Promises to Keep

esc87fan

The final decision on our Congratulations 20 entry will be made somewhere just after midnight Sakuralian time (midnight Eastern time)

esc87fan

Akemashite omedetō, minna! Happy 2022!

After much consideration, it has been decided by the SHK team that Sakuralia's Congratulations 20 entry will be... 2 Become 1 by Spice Girls!

The decision was made to choose this as our Congrats entry is after 8 consecutive DNQs and no good results for much of 2021, this was the song that broke that string of bad luck and led to Sakuralia's first qualification of the year (albeit as a REJU qualifier). Not to mention that this is a song that means a lot to me

It is my hope that this will be the start of something exciting as our nation's journey continues in the Nation Song Contest. Thank you so much for all your input

esc87fan

NSC 201

To start a new era, I will go back to the beginning - my debut edition. The winner was Rumia's entry "The Call of the Mountains" by Eluveitie, and I debuted with a 5th-place finish with Kadebostany's "Castle in the Snow".

In the spirit of the winning entry of my debut, and inspired by my most recent top-10 finish at WV 150, it is my hope that this song will start 2022 for Sakuralia on the right foot

esc87fan

Just want to say thanks to those who voted for "Mainland" in the semifinal. At least we were 8 points out this time, just gotta keep trying.

SHK still has to decide what to send for NSC 202, they are desperate to bring this run of bad luck to an end

esc87fan

We're approaching our 7th year as a main roster nation in May, and the Parliament is contemplating a change of flag before our eventual 100th entry

esc87fan

FLAG PROPOSAL 2

The people of the city of Shimaya, together with the regional council of Akihana, have proposed this flag design:

ZKNXQWy-Hv-NFTun-HMxx64nblc-Gh3oh-SRGc-IPz-X5x-QYN4.png

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
I like the type of pink used in the first one, and it's quite beautiful. However, the second one would be more readable in icon format.

theditz83

Veteran
I like the type of pink used in the first one, and it's quite beautiful. However, the second one would be more readable in icon format.
This was exactly my feeling - the first one looks great in full-size version, but will lose so much of the little features in the smaller icon format that we'd see most regularly.

dogmeat

2nd design is just perfect! It follows every rule of vexillology (a study of flags): it's simple, memorable, has meaningful symbolism, and uses a small number of clearly distinct colors.

The art of flag design follows these rules for a good reason. A flag is most commonly seen from a distance, flapping on the wind. It must be instantly recognizable in these conditions. Additionally, a good flag will be often used as a decoration of everyday items: mugs, pieces of clothing, pins, etc., where the same principle applies.
Although NSC flags are rarely seen flapping on the wind, I argue we should use the same rules, for two reasons:
1. For realism, to simulate real life flags
2. For better looking forum icons, and show graphics that use flags in one way or another. Those are good analogies to real world application of flags.

I'm really glad that, with few exceptions (*cough* Kordavian Islands *cough*), NSC flags have been getting better over time.

Top Bottom