Contact us

Sakuralia ❀ NSC 227: Charlotte Cardin - Confetti

esc87fan

No, it's not the hamster song

Eulaliya

YASSS STEPH SENT SOMETHING FROM MY COUNTRY :ph: and it was recently used during swimsuit competition of :ph:'s most prestigious beauty pageant:

esc87fan

I actually watched the pageant on their official live stream (Binibining Pilipinas and Miss France are the two pageants that I try to watch on stream every year). I wondered what that song was, so I looked it up and thought "What if I were to try something totally different, something nobody would expect would come from me"

esc87fan

10 points out from qualifying is not too shabby for another DNQ. But to get top 3 in REJU was a huge confidence boost, at least I'm on to something here

It's always good to try something new or something that you wouldn't expect I'd send. I'll just keep going and hopefully it will bring my nation a positive result

theditz83

Veteran
I am LOVING this new era for Sakuralia! "Wild" by 9Muses is one of my favourite K-pop tracks ever - shame WLSC didn't agree when I sent it :lol:

Nice choice Steph, and wishing you the very best of luck xlove

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
NOT you sending them when I'm on a break!!!!! Steph LEEEEEEEEE

I am LOVING this new era for Sakuralia! "Wild" by 9Muses is one of my favourite K-pop tracks ever - shame WLSC didn't agree when I sent it :lol:

Nice choice Steph, and wishing you the very best of luck xlove
Also criminal because wild is their best song!!!!!

esc87fan

Our nation's going through some rough times, the results speak for itself. As of right now, SHK has hit a roadblock and is not sure what to do next.

Myself, I'm kind of experiencing burnout, which has nothing to do with recent results in NSC. I'm contemplating taking a break for NSC 210 and see if I can come back stronger in NSC 211

esc87fan

After much discussion by the team at SHK, Sakuralia will submit an entry to NSC 210 wherever it's held and then re-evaluate afterwards

esc87fan

Guys, I've hit a brick wall and I kind of need your help.

I have no idea what to send for 211, I thought I was on to something with going back to my wheelhouse but ended up with another DNQ. Are there any kinds of sounds/genres that you think I should try? Should I try Asian styles again, or should I keep sticking with what I know?

Any kind of feedback would be very helpful :)

dogmeat

I think something classy like last edition would be nice, but with some edginess. Find something with an unexpected twist, a rare crossover, or something. I'm probably not very helpful xd

esc87fan

IMPORTANT MESSAGE:

It's been a disappointing last few editions results wise for my nation, and everything I've tried doesn't seem to be working. I've done my best to show you different sides of myself, even going outside of my level of comfort, alas I seem to often be stuck in a semifinal that is too strong. I'm still not giving up though! Hopefully I will find my way back to the final and one day bring Sakuralia its first victory

With the holidays approaching and all the things that will be coming up, I have made the decision to sit out NSC 212 in the hopes of recharging my batteries and starting the new year on a fresh and positive note. My votes for Congrats 21 are already in, and I will vote in the 211 final in the coming days.

December 16 will mark an important milestone: 9 years since I joined the NSC community. So many thanks to all those who have supported me on my journey and will continue to do so. I still have a lot more that I want to share.

That being said, many of you will still see me at WV. But I think it's best that I take this break and return in 2023 for NSC 213 stronger and more determined than ever

Itoshi teru, minna! :)

Steph ::sak

esc87fan

December 16, 2022: Sakuralia Day

On this day 9 years ago, I joined the NSC community. I spent over 18 months on the Waiting List before joining the main roster in May 2015. It has been a rollercoaster for sure

What's your all-time favorite Sakuralian entry?

dogmeat

Outside of the artists who have also represented Rumia, of which I found a solid 6 (Two Steps From Hell, Hans Zimmer, Howard Shore, Lindsey Stirling, Wagakki Band, Idina Menzel), it has to be this one

and special mention to the Spice Girls surprise qualifier

Top Bottom