Contact us

Sakuralia ❀ NSC 227: Charlotte Cardin - Confetti

esc87fan

NSC 189 Update:
A DJ at Radio 2 who hosts a retro show every Saturday night has proposed one of the ultimate 80s icons for Sakuralia's next entry, and SHK seems to like the idea! Who could it be, and will it be enough to end the 180s decade with a bang?

esc87fan

NSC 189

We're going big to close out what has been our most successful period in NSC. And there's nothing bigger than one of the most iconic artists of the 80s with what is her most iconic song!

theditz83

Veteran
Thanks so much for your support in 188 Steph, really appreciate it!

And I'm not sure if you saw my Nation Chart of the Top 100 streamed songs in 2020 for ::moi... It may be of interest to you, especially the below excerpt... ;)

04 KEiiNO - Praying (Moisantia NSC 171)
05 Kygo, Tina Turner - What's Love Got To Do With It
06 Erika Vikman - Syntisten pöytä (Emsfrynt NSC 185/Moisantia WLSC 204)

esc87fan

Always a pleasure, Gary! You know by now that 80s music is one way into my musical heart, I hope there's a lot of support for Tina from the NSC community - we actually had the "Private Dancer" album on vinyl back in the day

esc87fan

The Curse of Number Three struck again for the third edition in a row. It felt fairly obvious to me that an icon like Tina just can't measure up to mainstream artists like Eleni Foureira or Ava Max.

So where do we go from here?

Honestly, I don't know - my confidence right now feels really shot

apasionata

Super Moderator
Staff member
just can't measure up to mainstream artists like Eleni Foureira or Ava Max.
I'm allergic to this kind of 'petty/edgy' remarks. The same has happened with some folks dissatisfied with the results: whenever it's not corresponding with their liking -> they're off re-thinking the pots from the scratch and looking for loopholes etc. etc.

Results can't be always by everyone's taste and it's normal that every edition or so 'strange' or 'uneven' results happen - take it with dignity and try doing better next time.

/rant

I see you're trying hard and I'm willing to offer you my help if you're planning on doing small-scale internal NF or something. Tina deserved, but it simply wasn't meant to be. To quote someone wise from results show - 'What's qualificiation but second-scale result'

doctormalisimo

NSC doesn't like these sort of classic 70s/80s rock entries - The Show Must Go On was an exception rather than a typical result for this genre. Honestly, I'd prefer if you kept sending stuff like this as it's definitely part of the Sakuralia aesthetic and I'm sure you'd rather be true to yourself than sell out. My only advice would be to try not second guessing how well an entry will do; you'll find success quicker by accident than by trying, so send stuff that feels authentic to you but that you don't really have any hopes of it doing well. A surprise good result feels so much better than how bad a surprise bad result feels.

esc87fan

SHK has given a hint about Sakuralia's entry for NSC 190: a two-time non-qualifier is coming back... and he's bringing a friend with him! As they say, third time's a charm

esc87fan

NSC 190

Sakuralia is ready to fight as the Nation Song Contest enters a new decade. And we believe that this is the song that will finally end our run of recent bad luck!

esc87fan

This DNQ was a tough one, 6 points away from qualifying. But hey, at least it's been better than my last few attempts! :)

I'm contemplating taking a break for 191 since I'm also working on WV 137 with Mike, but I haven't totally decided yet. On the other hand, I really want to keep trying to get back into the final and prove that Sakuralia is a nation that never gives up. Aside from that, it was an obvious choice as to my entry for Congratulations 19 so I think you probably know what I chose

apasionata

Super Moderator
Staff member
This DNQ was a tough one, 6 points away from qualifying. But hey, at least it's been better than my last few attempts! :)

I'm contemplating taking a break for 191 since I'm also working on WV 137 with Mike, but I haven't totally decided yet. On the other hand, I really want to keep trying to get back into the final and prove that Sakuralia is a nation that never gives up. Aside from that, it was an obvious choice as to my entry for Congratulations 19 so I think you probably know what I chose
Please take part, maybe you offer us the best one next edition. :)

tuorem

Sis, more power to you for persevering. Ideally, we would all keep in mind that results in online contests are just the reflection of their participants' tastes at a given moment, and thus are not indicative of the quality of the song sent, but I'm well-aware that repeated failures are disheartening and it's difficult to take it lightly. I've been there too.

Good luck for the next edition, whether you do take a break or reconsider for 191. :)

esc87fan

NSC 191
I have made the decision to enter NSC this edition. Thank you all for your continued support to my nation, I really appreciate it!

I think the delegation from Tanoiro would like this entry!

Last edited:

esc87fan

The team at SHK has also unanimously decided to send Queen's "The Show Must Go On", which finished in 7th place at NSC 181 in Sundfør, to Congratulations 19 taking place in Tuzi!

esc87fan

12th place in Congrats 19 makes up for placing last overall in 191. But SHK isn't giving up so easily! Next month we celebrate 6 years since joining the main roster

I've entered the ESC 2021 special taking place in New Bander State, working on an entry for the potential karaoke special in Moisantia, and figuring out how to snap our long streak of bad luck in 192

esc87fan

SHK has been drawing blanks when it comes to finding an entry for 193. Morale has been low lately given the broadcaster's poor track record as of late (.000 for the year 2021), the only bright spot was 4th place in the recent ESC 2021 special backing Gjon's Tears of Switzerland

Top Bottom