Contact us

Russia RUSSIA 2022 - not taking part

escYOUnited

Administrator
flag-800.png

shameless

I understand the hatred for Russia yet it saddens me if its blindly put on an entire nation and its culture because of a horrible political leader making decision that will coast a lot of lives.
Of course it is the only right decision but I don't want to celebrate a country being excluded from ESC because it means millions of its people not being able to cheer in a peaceful contest among all participants and exchange their cultures.
The navie me just wishes that this war will end soon and Putin will have a very short life from now on. I am now tuning on Stéphane and 3G.

Chorizo

Chorizo

I hope they will never come back.

Mainshow

Veteran
Of course, it´s a loss "in theory" - the more, the merrier but it needed to be done. You can´t expect propaganda channels of such regimes to be part of it - of course, Eurovision should be unpolitical - BUT it doesn´t have to be neutral and shouldn´t be - especially since this war was unprovoked and the broadcasters are some mouthpiece of a fascist regime. The Belarusian broadcaster included.

It´s a loss for music and fans alike but there was no other way - we ain´t celebrating but at least, it´s a glimpse of justice.

GermanBango

I don’t think this “Eurovision/sports shouldn’t be political“-argument is fitting in this situation. Killing innocent civilians and invading an independent democratic country is not politics, it’s madness.

Chorizo

Russia could launch a new contest next year: Pariahvision!
The competing countries: Russia, Belarus, North Korea, Syria, Iran... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Chorizo

Of course, it´s a loss "in theory" - the more, the merrier but it needed to be done. You can´t expect propaganda channels of such regimes to be part of it - of course, Eurovision should be unpolitical - BUT it doesn´t have to be neutral and shouldn´t be - especially since this war was unprovoked and the broadcasters are some mouthpiece of a fascist regime. The Belarusian broadcaster included.

It´s a loss for music and fans alike but there was no other way - we ain´t celebrating but at least, it´s a glimpse of justice.
Russia leaving the EBU is the same kind of loss your body experiences when a carcinoma gets removed in surgery.

Chorizo

So next year the forum will have a Morocco 2023 thread (with the sad info that Morocco won't be returning, just as expected) but no Russia thread. :cool:

Bakinka

Polina liked Baskov's pic about Russia not starting wars, but finishing it. Although not a direct statement, it's very close to it.
Kirkorov and Polina said they expressed support for the Russian invasion of Ukraine. It's a direct statement.

Bmbriga

Kirkorov and Polina said they expressed support for the Russian invasion of Ukraine. It's a direct statement.
I would say even worse, but it's not really because it was quite clear where they are standing. Anyway, I wrote to Jo Malone London that their promotor is publicly supporting invasion of Ukraine. xcoffee

Nicfedy

I disliked Polina and her song anyway. She deserved all that booing in Austria for being such an ignorant twat. Though I did like Daria What If.

Mainshow

Veteran
I thought Russia being expelled was good news, but them leaving EBU alltogether? Cherry on top.

Good riddance. Rumour has it, they were going to send an 18 year old girl with vision problems

Innocent and young artist: CHECK
Disabled person: CHECK

We clearly would have got a peace ballad in a white dress,

Pathetic that the Russian channels state them being banned from ESC would be a political statement,

Shame on them for almost making use of such an artist to whitewash their imagine.

Lance Esgard

I recommend to not discussing with them. They are brainwashed by their government for a long time.
That's if you're even discussing with real people. There are troll farms/bot farms out there where people appear to be real people but are fake accounts by people paid to spread propaganda while appearing to be real people to seem more credible and avoid being banned.

Romeo

Betwixt Tales

I always get shouted at for mentioning politics outside that. Section. I’m actually speaking with ua embassy to fly over and assist.

I just wanted to make a point. I didn’t mean to be a dick
You weren't. At least I didn't take it that way. I simply didn't know where this political thread was. But another told me where to find it.
Everything is cool as far as I'm concerned. :)

Top Bottom