Contact us

Russia RUSSIA 2022 - not taking part

escYOUnited

Administrator
flag-800.png

Lindon

We have now three Oligarchs distancing themselves from the guy in the Kremlin:
After billionaires Oleg Deripaska and Mikhail Fridman, who already distanced themselves from the attacks yesterday, now Oleg Tinkov, founder of Tinkov Bank, also criticizes in a post on Instagram. "Today, innocent people die every day in Ukraine, this is unthinkable and unacceptable," he declares in it.

Lindon

AP:
"Canada will continue to support Ukraine's heroic defense against the Russian military," Trudeau said in the capital, Ottawa. "We are announcing our intention to ban all crude oil imports from Russia, an industry that has greatly benefited President Putin and his oligarchs."

Loindici

Veteran
I was FUMING when she performed because even back then I knew how full of shit this whole act was. How people could then vote for this was beyond me. I was so mad :ROFLMAO:

Love, Love, Peace, Peace, baby xheat you know it ain't true tho

Decayingbooks

Not sure it it was talked before, but recently eurovision.rus shared that Russia had choosen singer Yaroslav Simonova to compete this year, she's 18 year's old and blind so the rumour were true

Franzilein

Not sure it it was talked before, but recently eurovision.rus shared that Russia had choosen singer Yaroslav Simonova to compete this year, she's 18 year's old and blind so the rumour were true

So the 2017 tactic of sending a handicapped singer instead of the 2013-2015 years of peace anthems, gotcha. Good riddance.

eurovizian

No offense to actual blind people, but it would be quite fitting for Russia to send someone that could not see. The propaganda machine is going wild in Russia right now.

Mainshow

Veteran
The Russian broadcasters have been suspended until further notice.

“The EBU Executive Board, in light of ongoing events in Ukraine, has decided to suspend representatives from its three Russian Members (RTR, Channel One and RDO) from serving in its governance groups, including the Executive Board and all Statutory Committees. This follows the decision taken last week to exclude Russia from the 2022 Eurovision Song Contest.

In taking this action, the Executive Board took note of the public statement issued by the three Member organizations on 26 February announcing their intention to withdraw from the EBU. A decision taken as a direct result of Russia’s exclusion from the Song Contest. The Members have verbally confirmed to us their intent to leave and we are awaiting their formal confirmation.

The suspension will remain in effect until further notice has been given by the Executive Board.”

lilka

Sting, a great artist. The song is called "Russians".

I hope the Russians love their children too...

Just change "Mr Khruschchev" to "Mr Putler" ,oh, sorry, "Mr Putin".

jatojo

I wonder how many Russian ESC fans are left in this forum ..?

A-lister

Veteran

Polina Gagarina performed today on a rally held by Putin in Moscow to support the invasion of Ukraine and its "denazification".

Shame on her! Her ESC peformance should be removed from Eurovision official accounts.

I'm so happy they are not taking part. Good riddance.

Yeah and people defended her on here... I said all the way back in 2015 that her act was fake and just a whitewash for russia... she deserved even more booing fake-tears-fascist-b***

And yeah, EBU should remove all previous fascist performers from their official accounts, it would also include Dima Bilan for instance (whom also should be stripped of his faux victory). All entries by Kirkorov, as he is a Putin supporter and always was. Let's clean house!

Last edited:

EscGeek

Veteran
Here's a crazy idea: What if Polina actually believes that Ukraine is run by nazis and Russia is on a mission to save Ukraine??
I know this may seem ridiculous to us, but she lives in a different part of the world.

Another possibility is that she's afraid of saying anything against her country because it may ruin her career.

Of course there's also an option that she's a psycho, but i don't think it's very likely.

Sammy

Veteran
Here's a crazy idea: What if Polina actually believes that Ukraine is run by nazis and Russia is on a mission to save Ukraine??
I know this may seem ridiculous to us, but she lives in a different part of the world.

Another possibility is that she's afraid of saying anything against her country because it may ruin her career.

Of course there's also an option that she's a psycho, but i don't think it's very likely.
It's one thing to not be critical against a government and another to openly support it. We actually had and still have the discussion about artists during the nazi-regime and none of them really makes a good impression looking back on their behavior.

So basically you say she's either incredibly stupid (because there ARE in fact people who live in the same part of the world as she is and who do not believe the Russian propaganda nonsense), a coward/opportunist or a psycho...

Sammy

Veteran
And yeah, EBU should remove all previous fascist performers from their official accounts, it would also include Dima Bilan for instance (whom also should be stripped of his faux victory). All entries by Kirkorov, as he is a Putin supporter and always was. Let's clean house!
I'd rather advocate to keep them in as a warning example of what happens if you let dictators take part in a non-political event. For them EVERYTHING is political and used in a political way. Let's not forget that - especially if they come across so nicely and gently. They are to be mistrusted.

Top Bottom