Contact us

Russia RUSSIA 2022 - not taking part

escYOUnited

Administrator
flag-800.png

Alevender

Super Moderator
Staff member
THIS thread stands for news related to Russian participation in ESC 2022.
If you want to talk about politics, please open your threads/share your thoughts in this section: Politics
Thank you.

Jonkonfui

I have a question. It is not about Russian not participation (this is a little bit Alice in Wonderland-esque) but it is not about politics neither so i am only half breaking the rules: where is this escyounited forum from? Where are you based? Not a tricky question. Just curious.

Last edited:

Preuss

ESCUnited is Matt's forum, if I'm not mistaken. He created it way back in the days

AlekS

Veteran
The broadcaster that was banned by the EBU:

"Our submarines can launch 500 nuclear missiles, guaranteed destroying USA and all NATO countries, following the principle "why do we need the world if there's no Russia in it?".

Last edited:

A-lister

Veteran
THIS thread stands for news related to Russian participation in ESC 2022.
If you want to talk about politics, please open your threads/share your thoughts in this section: Politics
Thank you.

Actually, Matt who is ultimately the owner of this forum, already made an official statement in the forum that he makes an exception from that rule during these ordinary and extreme times (as long as there are no attacks on forum members of course and propaganda spamming).

So relevant politics is allowed in this thread and the Ukrainian one which is the right move by @Matt xclapThis is not the time for censorship or moving important discussions and messages to a closed sub-forum, I think many are ready to leave this forum if we will be censored.

Last edited:

I bims

Veteran
Actually, Matt who is ultimately the owner of this forum, already made an official statement in the forum that he makes an exception from that rule during these ordinary and extreme times (as long as there are no attacks on forum members of course and propaganda spamming).

So relevant politics is allowed in this thread and the Ukrainian one which is the right move by @Matt xclapThis is not the time for censorship or moving important discussions and messages to a closed sub-forum, I think many are ready to leave this forum if we will be censored.
While I agree that anything related to news about russia is basically related to russia in eurovision / why they were kicked out... but censoring is a bit of a strong word when you are just asked to voice your opinion in a different thread.

Lindon

Just wanted to post something real quick.

We all agree that this situation is upsetting, scary and words can't even describe what our Ukrainian friends are going through. But it's also upsetting to the rest of us and I understand putting a "OMG, no politics in here please" is a bit silly knowing how intertwined this thing has become. It's no like we're running a forum to discuss cooking shows and recipes.

You are allowed to be angry, heck it's basically what I would expect you to be. You have every right to feel whatever it is you are feeling right now. Just when you post stuff, please be mindful that there are real people behind these usernames( so hurling insults will get us nowhere.

It is okay to discuss the situation that is unfolding in front of us but keep it please related to the contest and how it could affect Eurovision, participating countries, fans, press etc. Once you go into the weeds, you want to take that to the political forum.

So we will monitor everything of course and rely on you to report posts that you deem inappropriate. Contact me via IM if you need to talk. Of course I am moving this weekend to my new home but I'll try to make time.
Just a reminder what Matt posted.

Lindon

Maybe we should just go back to being thirsty lmao.
Though my throat is on fire
My eyes will be liars
And they try to stay drier
Until you turn away
I'll swallow hard, fall apart

Lindon

Switzerland joins EU sanctions

Switzerland joins EU sanctions against Russia. Russian assets will be frozen, the government announces. The measures will take effect immediately, it says. Swiss airline Swiss will suspend its flights to Russia, at least temporarily, it said.

A-lister

Veteran
While I agree that anything related to news about russia is basically related to russia in eurovision / why they were kicked out... but censoring is a bit of a strong word when you are just asked to voice your opinion in a different thread.

Well, if we can't talk about the truth as to why Russia is banned from Eurovision in this thread, then yes it's censorship and goes against what Matt himself said.

Lindon

Finally the IOC follows the example of the ESC:
IOC calls for exclusion of Russia and Belarus

Russian and Belarusian athletes and officials should no longer be allowed to participate in international competitions, according to the International Olympic Committee (IOC). This recommendation is made by the IOC leadership to all world federations and organizers of sporting events.

GermanBango

Finally the IOC follows the example of the ESC:
IOC calls for exclusion of Russia and Belarus

Russian and Belarusian athletes and officials should no longer be allowed to participate in international competitions, according to the International Olympic Committee (IOC). This recommendation is made by the IOC leadership to all world federations and organizers of sporting events.
And Putin has been stripped of his Olympic honors ... which he had because .... nobody really knows haha.

Top Bottom