20 10.1%

20 10.1%

15 7.5%

16 8.0%

15 7.5%

48 24.1%

• Total voters

Carian

Russians (as nationality) discussing her failure or the Russian broadcaster? :rolleyes:

Gay hate crime is not a thing you expect to witness 2 hours before the show at the participating state broadcaster.
All the guests were invited by the broadcaster which knew perfectly whom they invited.
The TV host says what's written in the script.
Did it happen in other countries? Western Europe? Only in Russia and China.

And yes, karma is a b*tch - what goes around comes around. All crimes will be punished whether it's hatred against other countries or even regions, homophobia or covering/defending the offenders.

ps. And it's awesome that Yulia showed us there are people who have guts to disagree with that staged madness.

Whoever runs the national broadcaster in Russia is very smart and obviously sympathetic to gays. I find it quite interesting that ESC and gay fandom that is integral to ESC is discussed on national broadcaster. Isn't this against Putin's law? Aren't you supposed to pretend there aren't gays in Russia? Isn't this gay propaganda? When they discuss these things on their national TV, people tune in and there are many of them who are smart to understand that there is a bunch of nonsense said by guests. The more outrageous guests you invite the more ridiculous they appear. For me, this entire show is a complete victory for gays in Russia cuz they talked at least about gays who are not allowed to be visible. Perhaps, they should do two or three or four more TV debates in order to discuss it more. Indeed more stupid homophobic guests should come and show people how stupid their arguments are. So, please, chill out, and stop screaming how something like this can happen ONLY in Russia. As far as I am informed, perhaps two or three shows like this wouldn't be of any harm in Ukraine either, since gays in Ukraine are also not that visible. I wonder why. Oh, right, cuz Ukrainians simply adore gays. But wait, how come then that there are clips of social experiments on YT where two guys pretend to be gays, walk down the street in Kiev, and they get attacked by complete strangers? Well, I assume that because your national broadcaster discusses gay rights and gay issues in Ukraine on daily basis.

AlekS, have fun, and enjoy the moment. And yes, my karma will sought me for sure one day, but I wonder if it has in its bag for me what yours has it for you. I am out for this year ;)

Carian

0,12,8,3,1,7,0, Were the Points Switzerand gave us from 2009-2015.
0+8, 0+3, 12+6 are the Jury+TV-Points Switzerland gave es from 2016-18 with the New System.

Germany gave to Switzerland:
0,0,2,4,0 in the Years 2009, (Semi) 2010 (Semi), 2011,2014, 2015 (Semi)
2+0, 2+0 Points to Switzerland 2016-17 in the Semis (Jury + TV-Points).

Please tell me that there is a german-Speaking Votingblock...

The Reason why Albania often give 12 Points to Italy is because Albanian People love Italian Music and Italy is Main-Travelgoal for Albanian Emmigrants. This is no political. But Belarus and Azerbaijan very often give 12 Points to Russia nomatter how Famous or Unfamous the Russian Artists are and although the Russian Songs are random and have nothing to do with the Country Russia. The Same Song could Represent Netherlands and the belarussian/azeri Juries wouldnt give 12 Points. I mean look at 2004,05,14 and tell me those 12 Points from Belarus to Russia had anything to do with Music..

And Austria? In any case, perhaps you do not get 12 points each year from your southern neighbours, but the growing/mutual affection is becoming palpable. I know that I am not imagining. In fact, I think that Slovenia actually got less points from Croatia, Serbia etc. in this period than you got from Switzerland. However, already in 2011, when we got 10 points from Macedonia, people were booing, the same year, we got another pair of 12 points from Croatia and Bosnia, and 10 points from Serbia. All given in silence, audience did not cheer like when other countries received high points. I guess they did not boo us out of pitty that year. Anyways, we have qualified 5 times since the introduction of the semifinals, and whenever we got to the finals, we were given 12,10 or 8 points only 8 times in the grand final (7 times from ex-Yugoslav countries, and once from Andorra). Only twice there was sincere cheering when we got those points from other ex-Yugoslav countries. Otherwise, silence or booing. Did we deserve it? Oh, and here you get your answer why we give our points to other ex-YU countries. Cuz they are the only who actually give us any decent points. If there weren't other ex-YU countries, we would have probably qualified only 3 times up till now. So, is booing justified in Slovenia's case? If it is, then I am surely not imagining the newly forming German-speaking alliance. Greetings!

Realest

And Austria? In any case, perhaps you do not get 12 points each year from your southern neighbours, but the growing/mutual affection is becoming palpable. I know that I am not imagining. In fact, I think that Slovenia actually got less points from Croatia, Serbia etc. in this period than you got from Switzerland. However, already in 2011, when we got 10 points from Macedonia, people were booing, the same year, we got another pair of 12 points from Croatia and Bosnia, and 10 points from Serbia. All given in silence, audience did not cheer like when other countries received high points. I guess they did not boo us out of pitty that year. Anyways, we have qualified 5 times since the introduction of the semifinals, and whenever we got to the finals, we were given 12,10 or 8 points only 8 times in the grand final (7 times from ex-Yugoslav countries, and once from Andorra). Only twice there was sincere cheering when we got those points from other ex-Yugoslav countries. Otherwise, silence or booing. Did we deserve it? Oh, and here you get your answer why we give our points to other ex-YU countries. Cuz they are the only who actually give us any decent points. If there weren't other ex-YU countries, we would have probably qualified only 3 times up till now. So, is booing justified in Slovenia's case? If it is, then I am surely not imagining the newly forming German-speaking alliance. Greetings!

Please stop trolling, 3 years in a row we didnt get a Juryvote neither from Austria nor from Switzerland. You are imagining. This Alliance doesnt exist.
And the Macedonien Spokesperson from 2011 got deservedly booed. Not for giving 10 Points to Slovenia, but for giving the whole 8-12 Points to all 3 exyugo-neighbours. And Macedonia did this nearly every year from 2004-2011 if you check the History.

Chorizo

Again, I am SICK of the booings in the room, fucking disrespectful audience. But we don't need to explain more, we perfectly know who are the people booing at Russia everytime they sing on stage/appear on the screen/get points during the voting.

Anyway, Julia placed 11th with the televotes and 17th with the juries, so she wouldn't have passed either way.

Booing Russia will never be wrong as long as the country keeps heading in the current direction.

Chorizo

flame is burning would have died as hard as this one lmao. don't kid yourselves. this song at least existed.

the people trying to boo Our Future Overlord polina bogusevich were not cute AT ALL though. not only booing any teenager is horrible and heartless, but this is something she will remember when she becomes the eurovision empress the second she turns age eligible for adult eurovision. SAVE YOURSELVES NOW.

Did I miss something or did they really refrain from mentioning that she is from Russia? At least I didn't notice it and thought they avoided naming that country in order to avoid the boos.

Chorizo

Indeed. I don't see what was the point to boo Alsou while giving her points... There are way more wicked countries out there, and I don't think that neither Alsou nor Julia Samountainlova commited any crime against humanity...

Russia didn't give a single point to Austria. I think the reason for this is that Austria is the country that sent Conchita. They might be racist too. Boos fully deserved!

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
oh no

Chorizo

Remember what Russia came up with after Mans won? They basically took the concept and levelled it up many times.

Now imagine what happens in 2019 if they see Toy as a perfect winning entry? :lol:

I can imagine a pop song performed by Sergey Lazarev and written by Philipp Kirkorov titled "Not My Toy" featuring the lyrics "I'm not your boy, you stupid toy". It will be a song about a guy using his roommate's vibrator by mistake. The staging will feature a projection wall with multiple doors and a few backing singers dressed up as vibrators that will take turns coming out of one of these doors and disappearing in another one. It might win the televote. Looking forward to the drama next year.

Chorizo

Whoever runs the national broadcaster in Russia is very smart and obviously sympathetic to gays. I find it quite interesting that ESC and gay fandom that is integral to ESC is discussed on national broadcaster. Isn't this against Putin's law? Aren't you supposed to pretend there aren't gays in Russia? Isn't this gay propaganda? When they discuss these things on their national TV, people tune in and there are many of them who are smart to understand that there is a bunch of nonsense said by guests. The more outrageous guests you invite the more ridiculous they appear. For me, this entire show is a complete victory for gays in Russia cuz they talked at least about gays who are not allowed to be visible. Perhaps, they should do two or three or four more TV debates in order to discuss it more. Indeed more stupid homophobic guests should come and show people how stupid their arguments are. So, please, chill out, and stop screaming how something like this can happen ONLY in Russia. As far as I am informed, perhaps two or three shows like this wouldn't be of any harm in Ukraine either, since gays in Ukraine are also not that visible. I wonder why. Oh, right, cuz Ukrainians simply adore gays. But wait, how come then that there are clips of social experiments on YT where two guys pretend to be gays, walk down the street in Kiev, and they get attacked by complete strangers? Well, I assume that because your national broadcaster discusses gay rights and gay issues in Ukraine on daily basis.

AlekS, have fun, and enjoy the moment. And yes, my karma will sought me for sure one day, but I wonder if it has in its bag for me what yours has it for you. I am out for this year ;)

It's only against the law to say something positive about homosexuality and to treat it as something normal. If you say negative things about it, that doesn't violate the law and that's all they did and ever do on Russian TV. These crazy guests don't make a negative impression on most people in the audience because the average Russian fully agrees with their perverted homophobic world view. Those that disagree already do so without these shows.

Chorizo

You think the 12 points for Serbia from Montenegro were justified? That was nothing but neighbor voting and everyone knows it. Those boos were deserved. If Serbia had been a favorite, the people wouldn't have booed. When one of the weakest songs in the final that is close to the bottom of the scoreboard gets 12 points from its neighbor and nobody else, that proves that the jury is biased for political reasons. Obviously that doesn't sit well with the audience.

Rusch

You think the 12 points for Serbia from Montenegro were justified? That was nothing but neighbor voting and everyone knows it. Those boos were deserved. If Serbia had been a favorite, the people wouldn't have booed. When one of the weakest songs in the final that is close to the bottom of the scoreboard gets 12 points from its neighbor and nobody else, that proves that the jury is biased for political reasons. Obviously that doesn't sit well with the audience.

It seemed like a a case of block voting. But I think that was merely that the share the same language (or at least the same folkloristic background).
I didn't like the song, but I liked Yulia. It was a pitty, that she had to start with such a weak song.

A-lister

Veteran
Watching their Eurovision final's pre-show on the First Channel for the lulzs and god knows I've got them.

One TV host from their broadcaster: "They didn't allow her to compete last year. They could have allowed her to sing in the final, for heck's sake!" :eek: :lol:
This is the same TV host who created propahandist docu series about North Korea.

They hinted their televoters to vote for Moldova & Norway.

Oh shit! They slammed Conchita... Some female politician: "a bearded "woman" won but a real girl couldn't qualify!"
"Satanic code is being promoted in Europe!" ZOMG! :lol: xrofl
Big amount of hate against Ukraine from the TV host and guests: "They want to destroy the normal world!" :lol:

Another woman: "Lazarev was the real winner. The real winner didn't win. We will never win. This is biased political contest. Ukraine won with the song about Crimean refugees (Refugees?! WTF! Bitch, it's about Stalin henocide. You can't count? 1944? :lol:)".
Their ESC commentator shut that bitch up! Yas!

Yulia is THE most adequate & sweetest person there btw.
:bg: :ru: Kristian Kostov is there as well.

Crazy politician pointing at Yuliya & her husband: "This is a woman and a man! Not parent #1 and not parent #2! Not two men! These are the real family values! And this is how it should be" *huge round of applause & cheers in the studio*.

Yulia tried to object: "this is NOT a contest of family values! It's about music" xkiss

xrofl3xrofl3

Chorizo

what "direction" ?

As long as Putin is in power and not replaced with someone leading the country in a better way booing is justified.

Chorizo

no one but Poutine can rule a country like Russia.

but you're taking me on a political ground, and it's not the right place.

You're making me hungry:
IMG_2872.JPG

Preuss

As long as Putin is in power and not replaced with someone leading the country in a better way booing is justified.

jesus christ the artists representing Russia do not represent the political Russia

Realest

John1

Respect to Julia tbh, she could've spin this in a political way, like other sore losers, but she didn't.

No excuse for non-qualification, says Julia Samoylova
http://esctoday.com/166377/russia-no-excuse-for-non-qualification-says-julia-samoylova/

She cried so much following her NQ that I thought she would blame Europe for all the hatred that some countries have towards Russia, but she didn't. Julia seems so gentle, she didn't deserve to represent her country with such a difficult song to perform. :(

Top Bottom