16 8.0%

15 7.5%

48 24.1%

• Total voters

AlekS

Veteran
Re: RUSSIA 2018

Will Ukraine be able to take part? From what I have seen the law states
It depends of the Ministry of Culture and the National TV Broadcast Council officials and the channels (if it's about TV shows). If you talk about separate performance in some TV show nobody's gonna give a f--k during the broadcast :lol: The channel can be fined after the broadcast, depends of the Council decision.
As of now Samoilova is not even in so-called "black list" of the ministry xshrug

darkap

EBU will bring back Russia in 2018 and as automatic finalist to repair the damage that has been caused this year
You should know by now :p

jimijoop

Banned

Viktoriya Rudnitskaya for 2018. 12 points from Israel confirmed.

EDIT: She's Ukrainian :lol:

Nastya House for 2018 then:

Edward

If Yulia is really confirmed then I think it is good strategy by the Russians. Certainly a lot of people not pleased with the political decision of Ukraine this year...and it's only fair to her.

Just would think of and feel bad for Ovidiu Anton if this happened though. I don't think he'll ever get his earned right to perform at ESC. If it wasn't this year (though we wouldn't have Yoldel It!) then I can't see it happening again.

I would love to see returns of artists such as Polina, the twin sisters, etc. but I just know that Russia won't ever repeat an act (nevermind Dima Bilan) considering the huge selection pool they have to choose from.

Laepo1

I know that Russia is sending Yulia again, but what the hell are they waiting to send Pelageya!??

I mean look at this VOICE! she evens sing portuguese in the last video :D

LastDreamer

Banned

For some reasons I prefer don't see Russia in Eurovision family anymore.

A-lister

Veteran

I'm pretty sure Yulia won't be sent to Lisbon, she was used politically to start drama in 2017 and to make Ukraine and the broadcaster look bad, it's not as if sending a mediocre singer with a mediocre song will help them score well? Sending a female in a wheelchair has already been done by Poland previously, I'm pretty sure Russia will come back strong in 2018 which means that they will pick a better act and an entry which actually stands a chance.

Laepo1

I'm pretty sure Yulia won't be sent to Lisbon, she was used politically to start drama in 2017 and to make Ukraine and the broadcaster look bad, it's not as if sending a mediocre singer with a mediocre song will help them score well? Sending a female in a wheelchair has already been done by Poland previously, I'm pretty sure Russia will come back strong in 2018 which means that they will pick a better act and an entry which actually stands a chance.

It has already been confirmed that it will be Yulia next year. :p

https://eurovoix.com/2017/03/22/russia-regardless-host-country-yulia-will-compete-eurovision-2018/

A-lister

Veteran

I would take this with a grain of salt, they wanted to milk the whole controversy back then and would say anything to keep it in the light to throw a dark cloud over Eurovision, now when they have nothing to win anymore I don't think she'll be their pick... I think they will enter it to win next year, and certainly they need a stronger act to do so.

...but we'll see...

popavapeur

They have to send Yulia because that's what they said but I think Russia wants its win more than ever and it's time for them to give their truly best and I don't think Yulia is gonna give them a win. So a polina-lazarev hybrid cyborg with floating islands and a track from 2089 avant-garde music to win the whole shit (and I'm sure they're already working on it, since they knew they weren't gonna go to Kiev). If they're not winning next year, they're are gonna be upset af with all the energy they're gonna spent on this.

DenizESC

Banned

I also feel like they will not send Yulia even though they said they will. It never felt like she was meant to be a real contestant anyway. There is a lot they can do to make sure she won't be in 2018 without making it seem like they lied. F.e. they can come up with a story about how Yulia doesn't want to take part anymore in ESC after all the things she has been through. : P Sound pretty realistic to me so I expect something similar giving Russia won't just admit that they straight up lied.

But I guess we will just have to wait and see... Who knows, maybe they will send her. (probably not)

Pawhlen

The Russians will come with an excuse telling that Yulia won´t represent them as Deniz just said, that way the Russians have that fake wall to lean against everyone who will be accusing them for lying

QwaarJet

ESC Moderator
Top Bottom