Contact us

RUSSIA 2010 - The Pyotr Nalich band - Lost And Forgotten

how do you rate the entry?

• Total voters

94ayd

But seriously, I liked Ireland 2008, Belgium & Czechia last year but this is just weird and does nothing for me... And it's coming from the country that is closest to us from the ones with "gimmick" entries.

wittgenstein

this is so much better than dima bilan. people come on. its a good song in there.
watch out for russia - this is a dark horse.

AlexG

wittgenstein said:
this is so much better than dima bilan. people come on. its a good song in there.

Exactly, Wittgenstein - just like your namesake, you are a very wise person indeed :idea:

The Eurovision is not just about the voting preferences of those on here, who represent only a small section of the voting public, but a vast range of tastes, ages and backgrounds!

wittgenstein

AlexG said:
wittgenstein said:

Exactly, Wittgenstein - just like your namesake, you are a very wise person indeed :idea:

The Eurovision is not just about the voting preferences of those on here, who represent only a small section of the voting public, but a vast range of tastes, ages and backgrounds!

thank you AlexG!

AlexG

Peter said:
But i don´t think, he will be a black horse. But it´s possible to reach the 10th place.

Absolutely. Top ten would be their target, I'm sure. Personally, I think this year it is going to come down to the final few voting countries :twisted:

PeterLPZ

The german commentator said yesterday instead of "lost and forgotten" --> "lost and found". That was really funny. It seams, that he didn´t understand the song :lol:

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
Estonian national newspaper, Ohtuleht, revealed today that the Estonian Eurovision Song Contest expert jury awarded top marks to Russia in Tuesday night's semi final. The newspaper also confirmed the names of the expert jury members that provide 50% of the Estonian result in the semi final and Saturday's grand final.
The report claims that they jury believed in the story of the Russian entry and it's mellow tunes. They also liked the static performance and lack of movement on the stage. Estonia's own entry, Malcolm Lincoln failed to pass through the semi final.

Estonia's expert jury was revealed in the newspaper, the five members were former Eurovision Song Contest representative, Gerli Padar, politician Imre Sooäärk, advertising guru Olav Osolin, composer and singer, Priit Willow Island and Sundja Evert.

According to the EBU, the expert juries are supposed to be announced by the commentators during the live performance, but their votes should not be revealed before Saturday's grand final. esctoday.com asked the Eurovision Song Contest Head of Communications, Sietse Bakker for a comment. We were told: "The EBU does not comment on individually revealed voting results until we reveal the full picture".

JuhaJaara

AlekS said:
94ayd said:
Finnish culture has been pretty much influenced by Russian and for some unknown reason, I reckon Serbia & Greece always give points to Russia. :lol:
bs. I'd say vice versa. Russian-Finnish border areas were influenced by Finnish culture.
and everyone 4got about Russian-Finnish war ;)
Especially Finnish ESC voters have 4got this war :) I've never heard anyone in Finland saying they can't vote for the Russian entry because of that war. Of course we know there was that war, but it seems we know as well that contemporary Russian artists were not involved in it. Or, at least those people interested in ESC seem to know that...

As for that culture matter, I do not know if it is fair to say Finnis culture is that much influenced by the Russian one. However, as neighbours, we seem to be able to understand some features of it, especially the slavonic melancholy, expressed in Lost and Forgotten too. And the humour in it, as well. Not every Finn likes that song, many Finns hate it, but there are enough of us who like it that I guess it got some points from Finland in the semi.

There is a Russian diaspora in Finland, but either they are not patriotic enough nor big enough to guarantee that Russia gets points from Finland. For instance, Mamo get none.

(Oops, I forget to mention I'm a Finn, with a totally Finnish ethnic background, with no political or other affiliation with Russia. Sometimes I do like Russian esc entries and sometimes I don't. And this time I do, probably because this song is so Russian, not a Dima-Bilan-like copy of American songs.)

AlekS

Veteran
^ don't take that war thing seriously, I was poking fun at 94 who was searching for any reasons in order to "justify" Russian qualifying :lol:

as for diaspora thing - I agree with you. + It's not really big indeed.

Scooby

This is the MUSIC!
Bravo Russia!!!

Milos-BC

I still don't see any appeal in this entry, sorry.

I think it didn't deserve to qualify still, but anyway. That's how ESC goes. He was good vocally on the stage.

AlexG

JuhaJaara said:
(Oops, I forget to mention I'm a Finn, with a totally Finnish ethnic background, with no political or other affiliation with Russia. Sometimes I do like Russian esc entries and sometimes I don't. And this time I do, probably because this song is so Russian, not a Dima-Bilan-like copy of American songs.)

My feelings too. This is such an honest song, revealing the true Slavic soul and is so much more authentic than Dima's offering. I will vote for Russia on Saturday, as well as Belgium, simply because those songs appeal to me.

Lots of people prefer music which has no heart, just a lot of show, but I don't make fun of them, so I am quite disappointed in people who, by insulting this performance are insulting my musical taste.

hawadharma

paddyirl said:
Worst qualifier ever - OFFICIAL.

Slovakia deserves it so much more.

You mean the jungle song? :D

Top Bottom