Contact us

Rest of the world vote

Chalphon

So I haven't been able to find any information on who got to vote and who did not. Apparently all of the world weren't eligible. This thread is directed to people in this forum who are from non-compeeting countries.

1. Were You able to vote?
2. How was it conducted?
3. What did you vote for?

Chalphon

Yes, I was able to vote. I followed the link on the Eurovision website and cast my votes there. I voted 10 for Estonia and 10 for Austria

Cool, so did you have 20 points to dash out in total and choose to split them between Estonia and Austria or how did it work? Did you have to register or pay for it in some way?

esc87fan

I was able to vote, I did on the esc.vote platform. I put 2 votes each on Switzerland and Netherlands in SF1, 2 each on Belgium and Slovenia in SF2, and 10 each on Belgium and France in the final

12Pointsgoto.....

Cool, so did you have 20 points to dash out in total and choose to split them between Estonia and Austria or how did it work? Did you have to register or pay for it in some way?
It didn't work when I tried to vote in semi 2, so I had to register to vote in the grand final. I don't remember how much I payed, but you could vote until you reached 20. It was actually a bit similar to how you vote in JESC, only that you had to pay.

Chalphon

It didn't work when I tried to vote in semi 2, so I had to register to vote in the grand final. I don't remember how much I payed, but you could vote until you reached 20. It was actually a bit similar to how you vote in JESC, only that you had to pay.

Thanks for clarifying. I had no idea the rest of the world allready could vote in JESC. I don't follow JESC at all.

Chalphon

Voted from :bg:. Just like in standard televoting, you could vote up to 20 times but it cost 0.99 euros each.

Right, so I would assume it's easier for EBU members since the voting structure i sallready there even though You didn't participate 2023.

AndroZeus

Voted from :bg:. Just like in standard televoting, you could vote up to 20 times but it cost 0.99 euros each.
That's so expensive! In Denmark voting costs €0.13, and that's been the case for as long as I remember.

12Pointsgoto.....

Thanks for clarifying. I had no idea the rest of the world allready could vote in JESC. I don't follow JESC at all.
I have been voting in JESC since 2017, so the set up has been there for quite some time. Only that in JESC, you can even vote before the show.

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
Right, so I would assume it's easier for EBU members since the voting structure i sallready there even though You didn't participate 2023.
I don't know if it's easier for EBU members because of this but it's definitely easier for most Europeans/North American countries because of the price.

For example, 20 votes would mean 20 euros which converts to around 110 reais. The minimum income in Brazil is 1320 reais so voting for just one day would cost nearly 10% of the minimum wage (if I were to pay the same here in Portugal it would cost like 2%?)

Chalphon

I don't know if it's easier for EBU members because of this but it's definitely easier for most Europeans/North American countries because of the price.

For example, 20 votes would mean 20 euros which converts to around 110 reais. The minimum income in Brazil is 1320 reais so voting for just one day would cost nearly 10% of the minimum wage (if I were to pay the same here in Portugal it would cost like 2%?)

Ouch...

AndroZeus

Yo that's fucked up, they should either make it cheap for everyone or change the price based on median income in each country, otherwise it's just a "Rest of the rich world" vote...

Mainshow

Veteran
EBU announced that viewers from 144 countries cast their votes via the Rest of the World vote!

Countries which attracted the most voters:

non-participating countriesnon-Eurovision countries
:tr: Turkey:us: United States of America
:lu: Luxembourg:nz: New Zealand
:hu: Hungary:ca: Canada
:sk: Slovakia:mx: Mexico
:xk: Kosovo:ae: United Arab Emirates
:cl: Chile

Last edited:

allenakaalan

Do we have a 1-26 ranking of ROTW votes?
I think when EBU published the detailed breakdown, they accidentally showed the full ROTW ranking for the Icelandic televote since the top ten ranking matched perfectly with the ROTW votes. They've since corrected that though.

esc87fan

Israel topped both the SF1 and final ROW vote. Is it because of the fact that Noa is already a known star?

Sammy

Veteran
EBU announced that viewers from 144 countries cast their votes via the Rest of the World vote!

Countries which attracted the most voters:

non-participating countriesnon-Eurovision countries
:tr: Turkey:us: United States of America
:lu: Luxembourg:nz: New Zealand
:hu: Hungary:ca: Canada
:sk: Slovakia:mx: Mexico
:xk: Kosovo:ae: United Arab Emirates
:cl: Chile
Interestingly Kazhakstan is not among the countries with the most voters. Even Mexico, Chile and the UAE (and most probably a couple of others) had more voters though Chile has as many inhabitants as Kazhakstan (about 19 Mio) and the UAE have only about half of it (9,4 Mio). This after it is constantly claimed that there is such a big public interest in the contest…. funny though. :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
Interestingly Kazhakstan is not among the countries with the most voters. Even Mexico, Chile and the UAE (and most probably a couple of others) had more voters though Chile has as many inhabitants as Kazhakstan (about 19 Mio) and the UAE have only about half of it (9,4 Mio). This after it is constantly claimed that there is such a big public interest in the contest…. funny though. :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
Well, Chile broadcasted the final so that might be the reason :lol:

Top Bottom