Contact us

R.I.P. Thread

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
Esteban Santos, member of Bravo (:es: 1984) has died too, at the age of 69.

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
I just woke up to the news that Örs, the vocalist of AWS (:hu: 2018) died of leukemia.

:(

Last edited:

Stiven

Zafir Hadzimanov/Зафир Хаџиманов ( :yu: NF: 1967, 1970 and 1973) passed away few days ago from Covid-19 although relatively unknown in the ESC fandom he was one of our most famous singers and sang one of our most (and according to some the most) famous schlager songs "Kako Vardar/Како Вардар„ (Like the Vardar):

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
Nicoletta Orsomando, Italian spokesperson at ESC 1992, died yesterday, just when that contest was featured on Eurovision Again.

heke1988

Last edited:

GianlucaTomoe

Banned

Stiven

Alexandar Džambazov our only conductor at Eurovision (1998) , one of our most beloved musicians and the father of the our most famous showman Igor Džambazov passed away yesterday at the age 85.

Ezio

Veteran
I just found this thread. Willi Resetarits died on April 24 this year due an accident at home. He represented Austria 1977 with "Schmetterlinge" as their lead singer and their song "Boom boom boomerang"

It was a seemingly silly song that made fun of record companies and Eurovision winners with basic lyrics.

He was very famous nationally, sold out concerts and platinum albums, and a social warrior.

SAYAY

esc87fan

Grease is one of my favorite movie musicals of all time. If there's one thing that Olivia will always be remembered for, it's as Sandy. She's now reunited with Jeff Conaway (Kenickie)

RIP :(

HarryUK

Veteran

SAYAY

An absolute trailblazer of her era! So sad, genuinely gutted. 73 is no age at all.
Cancer can really be a bitch. :cry: But at the same time it brings with it a lot of pain, so I try to think that the person at least dont have to suffer anymore. I lost my grandmother to lung cancer back in 2013 and when I think of our last christmas with her I always feel sad cause I could just remember how tired she looked and she was probably in so much pain. I think her radiation treatment (idk if that's what its called?) were not really helping on the pain either because I remember she had trouble speaking and just looked completely different. My mom and dad also recently said that that year was the worst Christmas ever because it wasn't exactly a joyful one but a very sad one. But I also think it was a very important one so I am glad we had it anyway, and when she passed it was of course very sad but also felt like a relief too. But I still miss her a lot of course. Would have been nice to have had more time with her.

Ok now I need to go and find my tissues cause I cried a bit while writing this

Top Bottom