Contact us

Questions related to Azerbaijan, Baku

ronny1988

it seems all very interesting. i hope i can come.
but some questions are still open if i will have enough money. and if i'll get flight, tickets for the shows, hotel,..

lowyby

I have a rather strange question and it could sound rude or strange but know it's not meant in that way,

Well you have to be prepared on everything so ; What if Armenia would win? Ofcourse you'd let Armenia participate and all that stuff but that would be strange ; isn't it.

Narmina

^ Not WE LET Armenia to participate next year - it's EBU let countries to take part in ESC ;) And of course everything can happen next year. If Armenian representative win our country will congratulate them and Ell & Nikki will give the microfone to winners. That's all :)

lowyby

Hahaha ; I really like your answer && little bit of temperament ;d.
But still ; wouldn't it be weird to have the thought that the Armenians have the microphone from eurovision 2012 with the azerbeidjan flag in the heart?
And do you think that this contest could help to improve the relationships with the Armenians?

Last edited:

Narmina

^ I'm sure that they will take it with our flag in case they win...what's about relations we all hope for best..who knows maybe it will a first step to it..

Galandar

Here is a good article answering to some questions regarding the gay issue and concerns at ESC 2012:

Can Azerbaijan Be a Good Host for Gay Eurovision Fans?

sex-rbup.gif

Azerbaijan next year will face an invasion of raging fans -- many gays among them -- of Eurovision, an annual celebration of pop, glitz and camp. But how polite will conservative Azerbaijan's welcoming smile actually be for its gay visitors?

Ever since Azerbaijan won the right to host the 2012 Eurovision , questions have been raised about whether it has what it takes to host Europe’s most celebrated music contest. Question areas range from human rights to hotels. Some news stories, including a BBC report, have focused on the gay dimension of the festival, something that many Azerbaijanis may find hard to digest.

As in the rest of the South Caucasus, homosexuality is a big cultural taboo in Azerbaijan. By contrast, the Eurovision contest is so popular among gay music fans that one observer even described it as “a gay world cup.”

With preparations in full throttle, visitors may be surprised to see what oil money can do in terms of upgrading concert and hospitality facilities. But the mentality is unlikely to change overnight, some fear.

On paper, Azerbaijan’s law has protected sexual minorities since 2001, but a man featured in the BBC story describes the gloomy reality of discriminatory attitudes, especially in rural areas. Others argue that the concerns are exaggerated; homosexuality, they say, may not be encouraged, but still is accepted in Baku.

For their part, Azerbaijani officials dismiss the concerns and say they look forward to see everyone including gay Europe come visit.

September 15, 2011
Eurasianet.org

Galandar

my first question is does the azerbaijani community have relations or any connections with the azeris in north iran.

and my second question..have u ever heard of asik senlik ??:)) i heard tht in baku sould be a institue somewhere called after him..
Yes we have close ties to ethnical Azeris living in the northern part of Iran and Tehran. We have many people who have relatives there :) As for the second part of your question I personally don't know asik senlik :?

Sabiondo

Here is a good article answering to some questions regarding the gay issue and concerns at ESC 2012:

Can Azerbaijan Be a Good Host for Gay Eurovision Fans?

sex-rbup.gif

Azerbaijan next year will face an invasion of raging fans -- many gays among them -- of Eurovision, an annual celebration of pop, glitz and camp. But how polite will conservative Azerbaijan's welcoming smile actually be for its gay visitors?

Ever since Azerbaijan won the right to host the 2012 Eurovision , questions have been raised about whether it has what it takes to host Europe’s most celebrated music contest. Question areas range from human rights to hotels. Some news stories, including a BBC report, have focused on the gay dimension of the festival, something that many Azerbaijanis may find hard to digest.

As in the rest of the South Caucasus, homosexuality is a big cultural taboo in Azerbaijan. By contrast, the Eurovision contest is so popular among gay music fans that one observer even described it as “a gay world cup.”

With preparations in full throttle, visitors may be surprised to see what oil money can do in terms of upgrading concert and hospitality facilities. But the mentality is unlikely to change overnight, some fear.

On paper, Azerbaijan’s law has protected sexual minorities since 2001, but a man featured in the BBC story describes the gloomy reality of discriminatory attitudes, especially in rural areas. Others argue that the concerns are exaggerated; homosexuality, they say, may not be encouraged, but still is accepted in Baku.

For their part, Azerbaijani officials dismiss the concerns and say they look forward to see everyone including gay Europe come visit.

September 15, 2011
Eurasianet.org

In Nigth Tours was anuncied that here will be the Gay Prade during the Eurovision 2012.

y_1690db17.jpg

But them the site has deleted the stuff and apologized.
y_aff34d63.jpg

MyHeartIsYours

I think what they actually meant was that Eurovision itself was the GayPride, rather than there will be a seperate GayPride in Baku at the time ;). That's the way I read it anyway.

dishyy

thank u for ur reply...after this regime did azebijan got a lot of immigration from north iran because of assimilation etc?...or are the azeris in north iran living in good conditions?

AlekS

Veteran
That schedule sucks. I see no Kyiv Pride there.

As for "what would happen if Armenia wins"... they should start searching for performers first :lol: as far as I know they haven't even been contacting anyone.

Master

Rights of minorities are respected in Azerbaijan. I don't think that there can be any problems related to this.

atomson007

Hi everyone!

I have a few questions!

I am traveling to Baku for the first time with my girlfriend. I have reserved a room in City Palace Hotel (it's near Malokan Park and Fountain Square). Since the hotel doesn't have a swimming pool, I was wondering whether there are any good swimming pools in the area where girls and boys can swim together (i.e. it's not gender-segregated). Can you give me any addresses? Also, I wanted to know how young couples behave in public places in Azerbaijan? What are the boundaries? What difference is there between the culture of the people of Azerbaijan and the people from US?

Thanks

Farahim

Hi everyone!

I have a few questions!

I am traveling to Baku for the first time with my girlfriend. I have reserved a room in City Palace Hotel (it's near Malokan Park and Fountain Square). Since the hotel doesn't have a swimming pool, I was wondering whether there are any good swimming pools in the area where girls and boys can swim together (i.e. it's not gender-segregated). Can you give me any addresses?

^ it is nice place, you will have fun. I know one special swimming pool building calls "Aqua Park" and it is close to your hotel. I will get address for you tomorrow. Btw Malokan favorite place for Italians and Americans (For Beer :D). There is also night clubs, dance clubs and Italian restaurant. But my suggestion try our kitchen, you will like it.

Scalini Italian Restaurant, Baku - Restaurant Reviews - TripAdvisor

Also, I wanted to know how young couples behave in public places in Azerbaijan? What are the boundaries? What difference is there between the culture of the people of Azerbaijan and the people from US?

Well i live in New York and i didn't found difference behave in public place. Also You can even join Hollyween parties, if you go early

btw i found video near by the hotel, you will stay. it is flashmod but still it will be useful to see how people behave FREE HUGS 2012 Flashmob in Baku | FLASHMOB Azerbaijan - YouTube

i will try to give you more information tomorrow. you are welcome.

Top Bottom