Contact us

Pyreica | NSC 218 ❅ we're going to space

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
NSC 199
Slot - Fight

Strangely enough, I rarely - if never - send rock or metal songs on contests while they are ones of the genres I listen to the most IRL. As I couldn't let this go, here you have you lil' Russia metal track.
I was 100% sure I first heard this song on this forum, but no matter where I looked I couldn't find it.

15 (SF), 57 pts

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
CHANGE OF PLANS I WASN'T FAST ENOUGH
But glad Arca is still brought to NSC xheat

SO

NSC 200
Access - Hitomi no Tsubasa

It was going to be my 201th entry but here we go. I've been watching Code Geass intermittently since September and am quite hooked. I don't take it too seriously but it's a lot of fun and I'm waiting with anticipation for the next episodes. I like quite a few OP but this one is not something I would typically send so I'm going for it.

20th (SF), 30pts

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
NSC 201
Chali 2na ft. Beenie Man - International

So. The SSX have always been my favorite video games. Skiing/snowboarding on endless mountains, knocking down your opponents, racing till the end of times, doing gobsmacking tricks... let's just say that 98% of hours spent on my PS2 have been on this serie.
AND THE OST
Quite original for videogames, I had from over 100 tracks to choose from but I decided to go with this one as 1) it's a bop 2) it is another contrast to my previous entry

25th (SF), 36pts

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
NSC 202
VIDEOCLUB - Amour plastique

I always knew I would send VIDEOCLUB one day. With their 80s-inspired artistic touch they managed to create a warm atmosphere in all of their songs. I had my eyes sent on Enfance 80 for a while rather than Amour plastique, as this one is their most popular hit with million views, but a late walk in the night made me play it on repeat so here it is.

12th (GF), 129pts

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
NSC 204
Soulhead - Step To The World

I had no idea what to go for, but I had just finished scouting for my future Hokkaido run in WV and thought that this sort of Japanese R&B that I hadn't even heard of minutes before would be the perfect entry.

25th (SF), 18pts

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
NSC 205
Grimes ft. Janaelle Monáe - Venus Fly

After debating for a while on which entry to send, I decided to go back to back to my more alt side. French basic pop will have to wait a little more before making its come back.
A Grimes song that I discovered only some months ago in a private WV NF that never saw the light, and with which I totally fell in love. Don't forget to stay until for outro because it's as good as, if not better than, the main part.

17th (SF), 57pts

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
NSC 207
PSYQUI ft. Such - Eyes on me

Some fast-paced Japanese track because I am that original

23rd (GF), 99pts

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
NSC 210
Haru Nemuri - Haru to shura

Some shoegaze track that I stole from Uto. Again.
Joking, I just stole Haru Nemuri. I didn't intend to send her but she was in my YT recommendations so I clicked and listen. When the drop came I knew I had to send it.

16th (SF), 52pts

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
So I decided on a whim to make a list of my WLSC/NSC entries that resonate the most within me. Between the two contests, 80 songs were considered so I kept it at 25. If you're interested : HERE
I don't see anything topping alt-j - Adeline (WLSC 227) anytime soon.
And yes, Vanessa Hudgens - Sneakernight is one of my favorite songs ever. Blame my teenage years.

If you paid enough attention, you got a spoiler for my next NSC entry xqueenbitch

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
NSC 211
Arca - Prada/Rakata

I'm really happy I got to send Prada/Rakata. This song and its MV mesmerized me on the first listen, I knew it had to appear on Pyreica's list. It's such a weird of genre there was no way I wouldn't like it.
I'm not sure what to send next. Probably some Bollywood realness.

13th (GF), 121pts

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
NSC 213
Apparat - Blackwater

I intended to keep it for a PQ, but given my track record, it isn't coming soon so why not go with it now.

Back in 2012. Saturday night, nothing to watch on tv, my father pulls out the new ski DVD he brought and plays it on. Many beautiful landscapes, a lot of snow, and a lot of skiing. Nothing out of the ordinary. Then, at the end of the movie, for an unknown reason, there's a trailer for another coming out soon. Few Words, by Candide Thovex.
It took me thirty seconds to fall in love.

I could only watch with rapt attention as snowy landscapes gave their seat to ski falls and stag faces. Music resonating in my heart, I wasn't sitting comfortably on my sofa anymore. I was up there, alone in the mountains surrounded by whiteness, and I realized nothing would ever be as inspiring. Skiing was my calling, and Blackwater had put into light more so than my three weekly sessions did.

That song wasn't a companion piece to the trailer. It was the trailer.
And it's time that I finally show it to you.

20th (SF), 47pts

Last edited:

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
NSC 214
Vishal Dadlani, Sunidhi Chauhan - Sheila Ki Jawani

So here's a bop straight from Bollywood that I discovered while scouting more than two years ago for OM. It had been sitting on my NSC shortlist (you know, the one that is never followed) so it was high time I sent it. I love the energy of the whole thing.

17th (SF), 56pts

Next edition I'm going with a song that was unexpectedly released a few days ago. That is if no one beats me to it first.​

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
NSC 215
Linkin Park - Wretches and Kings

It isn't a secret for some of you, but Linkin Park are my favorite musical act. Ever. I discovered them at 12yo or so when watching AMVs on YT and was hooked ever since.
Quite the mainstream choice, for a kid born in the late 90s you'll tell me. You'd be entirely right, but what can I say? Between the mix of genres, catching choruses, and their tendency to always experiment it was a set deal.
Many people actually like them for the lyrics, but as a French kid I couldn't have cared less at the same time. The vocals and whole beat though? They were made for me. Nothing makes me want to scream, run and jump as much as a LP song.

Imagine my surprise then when the other day I heard on the radio that LP dropped a new song, Lost. It was even more surprising when, after a quick check on YT, I learned that it was a song recorded at the same time as Meteora back in 2003. We were blessed with a brand new Linkin Park song, with Chester's vocals, in the old vein. Even if it was far from being a favorite, I knew I had to send it.

However, as you can see, I didn't send Lost. After listening to that new song, I decided to go once again on a LP spree and by listening to an album I barely paid attention to before : A Thousand Sun. I actually don't remember if I have ever heard Wretches and Kings before, it is definitely one of the lesser-known Linkin Park songs, but once I did I had my entry chosen for me. This track is more focused on Mike Shinoda's rapping than Chester's usual vocal performance but I absolutely love it. There's something raw in the instrumental, especially in the last quarter of the song.

26th (SF), 23pts

Top Bottom