Contact us

Presentation in School - Need your help

Kicker

Okay, I do a presentation in school about the Eurovision Song Contest. And in one part of the presentation I'd like to tell that there are many types of songs in the last Eurovision-years. And I've got some examples but sometimes I just don't know how I could call this type of Song. (I mean Pop, Rock, Dance and something like that). So I need your help... Here are the songs:

If you have other suggestions which songs you would let out or songs you would put in, tell me!

Thank you :)

sannerz

"Sognu" is Popera(Operatic Pop).
"No One" is an R&B ballad.
"Apricot Stone" is Armenian Folk Pop.
"Allez, Ola, Ole" is a Hip Hop/Dance song with African influences.
"Fairytale" is Scandinavian Folk Pop.
"Always" is Pop with Arabic/Turkish influences.

I would take out one of the pop songs, and put in a rock song like Georgia 2011, Turkey 2010 or Denmark 2011.
Also, I would add in a pop song that has NO ethnic influences like Germany 2010, Ireland 2011, or Hungary 2011.
And I would also add Italy 2011, cause it's an example of a jazzy song.

Looks good, though. And good luck! :D

Kicker

Thank you. Turkey 2010 and Germany 2010 is also in in my list, but I knew which type of song it was ;)
For a Jazz Song I had "Miss Kiss Kiss Bang"

seb89

I would say Jessy Matador is more a mix of dancehall, coupé-décalé, soukous than hip hop.

I would also add some Celtic songs: France 1996, Ireland or even Belgium 2003. Then you have a range of different sorts of folk :).

sannerz

Thank you. Turkey 2010 and Germany 2010 is also in in my list, but I knew which type of song it was ;)
For a Jazz Song I had "Miss Kiss Kiss Bang"

"Miss Kiss Kiss Bang" is actually swing. While Raphael's entry is jazz mostly. :)

I would say Jessy Matador is more a mix of dancehall, coupé-décalé, soukous than hip hop.

I guess that works too. I'm not that familiar with Caribbean or African influenced music. :p

Top Bottom