Contact us

Post Count Requirement - Poll

Do you agree with the proposed rule change?

• Total voters

Orient Matsuri

POST COUNT REQUIREMENT POLL

The following rule
1. Any member of the forum can join the contest. In order to participate, you need a forum account and cannot participate via extraneous means.
is changed to
1. Any member of the forum who has a minimum post count of 30 can join the contest. In order to participate, you need a forum account and cannot participate via extraneous means.

This poll is binding but will not apply retroactively, thus the current participants who don't meet the post count currently can continue to participate.

Grinch

The whole thing is a joke I swear

hijirio

Veteran

ferret

What happened here again? Weren't all demons expelled from this society? :eek:

Last edited:

iowacorn

I get the rationale behind this proposal, but when the contest is running on nearly half the participants it once was and continually shrinking for the past year +, to limit who can join more could be a nail in the coffin (hopefully it isn't).

empo21

Veteran
Thirty posts aren't that many. It's easily achievable and everyone knows that it won't prevent sockpuppets.

But the fact that it exists, means that mods are alert on potential issues and, like mods said themselves, it reduces the amount of users who join, don't vote, get banned, song gets wasted etc etc.

So it's like a cautious exclamation point that doesn't hurt being added to the rules methinks.

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
I get the rationale behind this proposal, but when the contest is running on nearly half the participants it once was and continually shrinking for the past year +, to limit who can join more could be a nail in the coffin (hopefully it isn't).
The number of participants comes in waves and sadly most contests are currently suffering from a low number, hopefully things will improve on all fronts. I don't think asking potential participants to get a little more acquainted with the forum before taking part is a big requirement. I understand your reasoning though, thank you for sharing your perspective. (y)

Uto

Veteran
I don't really care as you can just post one message in Italy thread and you'll enter a fight with someone that spans over 30 posts automatically, but that also shows how daft this proposal is. It doesn't really do anything and there haven't been issues with this before either. Goes against the ethos that kicked off OM as well. Fact that I have thousands of posts does not make me better than someone that has 0.

CypriotGirl

Veteran
If this rule is made for avoiding fake accounts, think that if someone makes an effort to create a fake account, he can make 30 posts to qualify for the contest too. 30 posts limit won't stop him.

hijirio

Veteran
Well that is true, there will always be a way to bypass the rules.

You know your house might still get robbed even if you placed a locker, but you still take precautions and not leave your door wide open. I don't think putting this rule (aka locking your door) would hurt anyone.

Top Bottom