4 2.7%

5 3.4%

10 6.8%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Decayingbooks

During the press conference, Mimicat was the only artists to not have brought anyone from the country´s delegation! #

Any news? I think that´s really strange since all other 9 acts were accompanied by someone else.
I think you're looking to much into it, they just tought it wouldn't be necessary to have the head of delegation in the press conference.
The delegation seems to be in a very good mood, for example festivaldacancao account on instagram did a couple of shitposts, one of them is a how the sofa woul look in Liverpool.

Sultana

She killed it yesterday, her energy did the job! After three boring acts (more boring were only interval acts but that´s another story) she ROCKED it, she KILLED it and she OWNED the stage! I loved every second of her performance and she completely filled the stage with her energy! I hope she will bring top 10 result to Portugal because its 100000% deserved

Mainshow

Veteran
I think you're looking to much into it, they just tought it wouldn't be necessary to have the head of delegation in the press conference.
The delegation seems to be in a very good mood, for example festivaldacancao account on instagram did a couple of shitposts, one of them is a how the sofa woul look in Liverpool.

Thanks for voicing your opinion.
To be fair, Mimicat has never been one of my favourite artists this year and I haven´t followed the "drama" which has been portrayed by a few fans online regarding Mimicat and the Portugues delegation.

I just think it was an odd choice for :pt: to only send a single person to the press conference when all the other countries had been accompanied by someone from the delegation (apart from Czechia? which went for "sending" the lead singer and the Bulgarian rapper to the press conference).

All heads of delegation were pretty useless - no one said a single word, though :D

Decayingbooks

Thanks for voicing your opinion.
To be fair, Mimicat has never been one of my favourite artists this year and I haven´t followed the "drama" which has been portrayed by a few fans online regarding Mimicat and the Portugues delegation.

I just think it was an odd choice for :pt: to only send a single person to the press conference when all the other countries had been accompanied by someone from the delegation (apart from Czechia? which went for "sending" the lead singer and the Bulgarian rapper to the press conference).

All heads of delegation were pretty useless - no one said a single word, though :D
There hasn't been any drama between Mimicat and the delegation, it's mostly between the portuguese fans and the delegation for the lack of a sofa and lack of leds, but with Portugal qualifying the drama as ended.
Also Mimicat did said that the lack of leds was due to the production, in a interview she did for a portuguese podcast she implied that the ones delivered were tacky, so they decided to not use them and do something classy instead, but I honestly never felt that she blamed the production, it was more that it was roadblock that they had to work arround and thankfully in the end it worked, it was a eurovision 2018 type of staging, but it worked

A-lister

Veteran
So happy this qualified and after seeing the live show I wasn't surprised either. This is a moment that most probably would have been killed by the hateful anti-EUROpean and anti-diversity juries, so happy that the semis have only the public deciding as I am afraid the juries would have blocked this from qualifying. Sure, the entry feels a bit ESC 2007-esque and old school but in a charming way. Good job Portugal xclap

Decayingbooks

Spotify's Viral 50 - Portugal on 11/05/2023:

#06 :fi: (+20)
#18 :pt: (+14)
#26 :am: (+4)
#33 :cz: (new)
#36 :at: (new)
#39 :se: (+2)
#41 :ch: (new)
#43 :no: (new)
#50 :md: (new)

Apple Music's Top 100: Portugal on 11/05/2023

#23 :pt: (new)
#36 :se: (+40)

blackout

My friends who listen and watch for the very first time songs and performances gave Mimi top3 position in their rankings, all of them. So I think Portugal will recieve at least some tele points on Saturday night from Serbia.

Milos-BC

She managed to even exceed my expectations xcheer Well done, one of the highlights of the first semi. I totally believe :pt: can finish in top 10 in the final.

TB98

If I was our head of delegation, I would honestly complain. I'm sorry. This is getting ridiculous. We were literally #3 last year, there was NO need for them to draw us so early again. Also, Austria-Portugal-Switzerland streak is atrocious. All three performances are RED and BLACK. Like...Who tf is doing this running order? If they wanted another up tempo song after Austria, Poland was literally right there. At least, visually, it would be a good contrast to Austria. I swear to god. We really need to start drawing second half or otherwise we'll keep getting fucked by the producers.

thats-it-stop.gif

Last edited:

TB98

OMG. Somebody on twitter just pointed out that every country that signed that letter protesting in favour of the press, got an awful running order. And guess which country was the mind behind the letter? You guessed it...

CoolSomberConure-size_restricted.gif

(I love conspiracy theories :ROFLMAO:)

Last edited:

Kant1

If I was our head of delegation, I would honestly complain. I'm sorry. This is getting ridiculous. We were literally #3 last year, there was NO need for them to draw us so early again. Also, Austria-Portugal-Switzerland streak is atrocious. All three performances are RED and BLACK. Like...Who tf is doing this running order? If they wanted another up tempo song after Austria, Poland was literally right there. At least, visually, it would be a good contrast to Austria. I swear to god. We really need to start drawing second half or otherwise we'll keep getting fucked by the producers.

thats-it-stop.gif

I agree, and seeing Italy once again with a good draw makes me feel sad. With an average song like Due Vite, it was time to change a bit and prove that everyone had its place at the "death slots". But once again we're proven wrong.

Decayingbooks

Spotify's Viral 50 - Portugal on 12/05/2023:

#03 :fi: (+3)
#14 :pt: (+4)
#21 :at: (+15)
#22 :se: (+15)
#24 :cz: (+9)
#25 :am: (+1)
#27 :no: (+16)
#29 :ch: (+12)
#42 :md: (+8)
#47 :nl: (-?)

Note: I only noticed today that "Burning Daylight" was trending with a down arrow, meaning it entered the chart yesterday or before and was now in a lower placement than yesterday, it's very likely that Portugal voted for them in the semifinal.

Apple Music's Top 100: Portugal on 12/05/2023

#23 :pt: (=)
#32 :se: (+4)

Last edited:

krivac

Portugal finally sends something joyful and not another funeral fado song.

Last edited:

Looren

Veteran
Surprising performance in the semi, she carried it, now I don't think this will do well in the final but she already did amazing by qualifying, best of luck Portugal xheart

Decayingbooks

Spotify's Viral 50 - Portugal on 13/05/2023:

#03 :fi: (=)
#09 :pt: (+5)
#11 :at: (+10)
#19 :cz: (+5)
#21 :no: (+6)
#24 :se: (-2)
#25 :ch: (+4)
#26 :am: (-1)
#30 :md: (+12)
#38 :nl: (+9)
#42 :pl: (new)
#43 :au: (new)
#48 :il: (new)
#49 :fr: (new)
#50 :sl: (new)

Apple Music's Top 100: Portugal on 13/05/2023

#20 :pt: (+3)
#29 :se: (+3)

As i mentioned before, these charts were a good way to measure engagement for the portuguese nf and although they weren't 100% correct, they don't measure how the casuals may vote, I think they can predict how the portuguese public may vote tonight and the first think to be noted is that there's no Spain, which is very bad news. Portugal will surely will give points to Blanca Paloma, but she won't be high in the televote and if she flops in Portugal, the country that shares a common taste for these type of songs, she will flop all across Europe.
France surely will get some points as well and Austria and Switzerland may benefit from performing next to Portugal, I think Finland can win the televote, but on Apple Music I never saw Finland trending, so I'm unsure how it is going to play and how the casuals will vote in the final and how high Sweden may be the portuguese televote.

Top Bottom