4 2.7%

5 3.4%

10 6.8%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

MAD20

Her performance was incredible considering the low budget, what a queen! So good to see our neighbours qualifying for the third time in a row, I just hope RTP goes on for some more budget in the future

goncalovieira

I am so happyyyyyy!! Really deserved.
Now let's prepare for a 1-5 acting spot in the final.

mercachita

Although it's not my kind or favorite type of music, I am really proud of my country and what Mimicat did today. She did AMAZING! What a powerful woman she is!!

Thank you, Europe! We are really living in a golden era of Eurovision, and I am so pleased to see it!

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Well deserved qualifier, showing us you don't need fancy, over the top staging to reach the final. Just a decent song, good voice and a bucket load of charisma is enough. Mimi's reaction was huge at the end of the performance. Portugal were my second favourite of the night and the country I was most happy to see qualify. Well done!

ayzelto

Portugal gave us the best performance of the night. Less is more sometimes, and she nailed it. I wasn’t planning to do that, but she will get a vote from me on Saturday, as I didn’t have the chance to vote for her today. Well done, hermanos!

crashworld

Veteran
Mimicat brought it with 0 budget, 0 backing vocals, and 0 props. What a legend.

Agreed. She definitely brought it together with the dancers. They gave it their best and glad they got rewarded. Even though I didn't care about the song, but watching her perform, she just demands your attention. Well done & well deserved, Mimicat & team.

midnightsun

Veteran
Glad she is in the final. We needed this kind of energy yesterday. It was like a wake up call and I love her self-confidence, she was like "hello, here I am, let’s party"!
The song it self isn’t even in my top 15 (although it’s not a bad song) but Mimicat is just awesome!

Arion

I am so happy she qualified.
I didn't really care for the song at all before the contest started, but she had one of the best performances last night. This entry was the biggest surprise of the night for me. She SLAYYYEEEDDD.
Staging, vocals, everything worked so well.
She literally jumped to my top 2 of the semi in my ranking.

Good job Portugal

JenJen94

Mimicat is an absolute legend. I love her!

I'm so glad she went through last night-it was thoroughly deserved. Nailed the vocals (I've never seen her put a foot wrong with those at all though), nailed everything. Quirky and different too. Plus she came across so well in the press conference. Well done Portugal!!

Lindon

Assessment ORF.at

With a wink, Mimicat from Portugal made it into the finals: Many handclaps and castanets borrowed from neighboring Spain paid off for her song "Ai coracao" and were rewarded with enough votes from the audience - that's one of the smaller surprises of the evening.

Iker

Veteran
Mimicat was great yesterday and fully deserved to Q. I loved the little, sexy walk she did along the bridge part of the stage. And I think that the lights/camera work was perfect for accentuating the singer.

Decayingbooks

Here are the songs treinding on Portugal a day after semi 1:

Spotify's Viral 50 - Portugal:

#26 :fi:
#30 :am:
#32 :pt:
#39 :se:

Apple Music's 100: Portugal:

#76 :se:

During the nf these charts where a good way to measure engagement from the public, so I think Finland or Sweden where the top2 in the televote, in the past Norway and Chequia also trendend in the viral 50 chart so it's very likely that they also got points, Chequia probably got more points as they performed later in the show.
I was a bit surprised to see Armenia in the chart today as they will only perform tomorrow, but I think Armenia could place high in both portuguese televote and jury

Rocket man

This was my surprise qualifier. I just thought there wouldn't be enough to grab people to vote for this. But I'm glad I was wrong, clearly Europe likes it when Portugal stay true to themselves and show that Portuguese culture on the Eurovision stage. Also Mimicat is one of the best singers in the competition this year.

Mainshow

Veteran
During the press conference, Mimicat was the only artists to not have brought anyone from the country´s delegation! #

Any news? I think that´s really strange since all other 9 acts were accompanied by someone else.

Top Bottom